yardbarker

Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson

Moderators: moocow007, loserX, Texas Chuck, HartfordWhalers, Trader_Joe, jazzfan1971

Post#46 Re: Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 am by oaklandwarriors

Nope. Klay is playing busted right now but still has 15ppg. Can't wait till he finds his shot again.
oaklandwarriors

Analyst
And1: 115

Post#47 Re: Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 am by Doormatt

i think hed be awesome on the bulls, especially when rose gets back. i think deng is awesome, but maybe the bulls would want to get a bit younger with someone like klay, and have someone for rose to play with down the line. and if the warriors are in "win now" mode then a team with bogut/deng/curry would be pretty nice. dunno. would need more people but i think the premise might be there. personally i think deng is clearly a more valuable player so the warriors would have to send something to entice the bulls, but would the warriors have any interest? in my mind it would seem like a good fit.
#doorgek
Doormatt

RealGM
And1: 734

Post#48 Re: Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 pm by floppymoose

Deng is a fine player, but I'd rather have Klay, who is cheaper and a better shooter. Warriors team construction relies on strong exterior shooters to space the floor for us. I'm just not seeing any reason to move Klay. He's a classic example of a player other teams want, but his own team isn't looking to move.
floppymoose
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 139

Post#49 Re: Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 pm by DLeagueAllStars

Warriors wouldnt be looking to add Deng as they just drafted Harrison Barnes who they like a lot. Klay really isnt going somewhere unless the Warriors get someone to overpay.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 96

Post#50 Re: Tyreke Evans for Klay Thompson
Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:24 pm by lakerhater

Doormatt wrote:i think hed be awesome on the bulls, especially when rose gets back. i think deng is awesome, but maybe the bulls would want to get a bit younger with someone like klay, and have someone for rose to play with down the line. and if the warriors are in "win now" mode then a team with bogut/deng/curry would be pretty nice. dunno. would need more people but i think the premise might be there. personally i think deng is clearly a more valuable player so the warriors would have to send something to entice the bulls, but would the warriors have any interest? in my mind it would seem like a good fit.

The window for trading Deng to GSW was in the off-season before the draft. Now that Barnes is playing well as the W's starting SF they have no need for Deng. With hindsight being 20/20 I'm glad the W's didn't deal the 7th pick for a veteran SF.
lakerhater
Assistant Coach
And1: 143

Previous

Return to Trades and Transactions