Challenge: Get a third team for LAL/Por (LA-Gasol)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Re: Challenge: Get a third team for LAL/Por (LA-Gasol) 

Post#21 » by deNIEd » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 pm

re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:Por gets the most fundamentally sound healthy lowpost player in the game for a short term window and some nice assets.

Lol I didn't even catch this at first

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If Gasol is "better" and has more moves than Aldridge...how about LA keeps him for themselves? Portland clearly has no interest in "improving" their roster.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#22 » by DusterBuster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm

deNIEd wrote:
re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:Por gets the most fundamentally sound healthy lowpost player in the game for a short term window and some nice assets.

Lol I didn't even catch this at first

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If Gasol is "better" and has more moves than Aldridge...how about LA keeps him for themselves? Portland clearly has no interest in "improving" their roster.

This re49gb guy is absolutely bonkers. I'm thinking he's got some weird fetish for euro players. This is the same guy who has made MULTIPLE posts declaring that the Blazers made a HUGE mistake drafting Damian Lillard and should have instead drafted some guy named Bo McCaleb or someone named Machado (neither of which were drafted btw).

Here are just a few of his actual, non-edited (outside of bolds to make the points stand out) quotes from the Blazers board on the matter.....

re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:The only pg i would consider is Machado, in the second round.

Lillard screams scrub.

re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:Ponder this. Given that this organization has had an extensive scouting record overseas, it seems quite a bit strange that the blazers overlooked/ignored Bo Mccaleb. Guy is quite possibly the best player in europe right now, AND happened to be a free agent this summer.

He's clearly a better player than Lillard is right now. That way, with better intelligence, blazers could've used that pick much better than they did. I also advise you to juxtapose their college stats.
Of course, it's quite the ? mark whether Lillard proves to be a ok starter at all.

re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:What is better, to have the #6 and pick Lillard (an unproven player at it, but that is a side point) or to obtain the best pg in europe while RETAINING that #6 for use or trade ?
McCaleb is at the very worst on par with Lillard, and odds are low that he's better at this point, he's been the main cog to success of all of his last 3 seasons, and entering his prime.
Dont tell me you take and unproven college senior over one of the best, if not the best players in europe. Thats just plain ignorance. Lillard MAY become good, but i have a tremendously hard time believing he's better than mccaleb.

So yeah..... You can see why Blazer fans don't particularly put a lot of stock in his "eye" for talent.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#23 » by tiderulz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm

re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:
Players who are fundamentally sound dont just "decline" like that.

sure they do. Look how fast Tim Duncan declined. one of the most fundamentally sound guys out there. And he isnt worth $20mil/yr right now.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#24 » by BossHoggin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 pm

More like Blake, Duhon, MWP, and Morris for LMA

Morris is a like a young Nolan Smith, need I say more
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Get a third team for LAL/Por (LA-Gasol) 

Post#25 » by old rem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Jack wore plaid wrote:Portland says F YOU!!!!!!

Portland has absolutely no interest in

A. Helping the Lakers
B. Taking on MWP or Hill
C. Trading Meyers Leonard

Aldridge is one of the best PF's in the game, so unless those assets are extremely plentiful, and I mean EXTREMELY, Don't bother

Pretty much.......NO shell game will result in the Lakers getting a younger,better,cheaper LMA for Pau, and the current situation is that it's not easy to find ANY team very interested in giving much for Pau.

Pau is NOT a long term plus. Is not "cost effective" is not healthy and playing well.

Add to that...NOBODY in the West is a bit sad the Lakers are LOSING....more Like...ABOUT FRICKIN TIME !! Open the GOOD scotch! Really......Last words for a West GM..."oops...set up the LAKERS for another dynasty....."
CENSORED... No comment.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#26 » by BossHoggin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:43 pm

tiderulz wrote:
re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:
Players who are fundamentally sound dont just "decline" like that.

sure they do. Look how fast Tim Duncan declined. one of the most fundamentally sound guys out there. And he isnt worth $20mil/yr right now.

Duncan is still good, pick another player to prove your point
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#27 » by old rem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

BossHoggin wrote:More like Blake, Duhon, MWP, and Morris for LMA

You need to say...MUCH more since that package has a total "value" of a bit below ZERO You'd need to pay quite a bit to just get Artest/Peace + Duhon+Blake hauled away...and Morris? Maybe gets you a rd 2..by himself...won't be enough to make ANYONE want those other bums.
CENSORED... No comment.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#28 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:49 pm

This thread makes no sense.

Portland will only trade Aldridge if they get younger while not losing a whole lot of talent.

LAL do not have the assets to turn Gasol into Aldridge.

End of thread, nothing more can be said.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#29 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Nolan Smith is LEGIT. I wouldn't trade him for LeBron. No homo.

Having two Nolan Smiths? DYNASTY.

How about Portland throws in Lillard? With two Nolan Smiths, Lillard would just be a glorified bench warmer.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#30 » by gswhoops » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 pm

What you're asking for is impossible short of:

1. Divine intervention
2. Kupchack acquiring compromising photos of Olshey
3. Turning on the "trade override" feature on NBA 2k13
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#31 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:59 pm

old rem wrote:

You need to say...MUCH more since that package has a total "value" of a bit below ZERO You'd need to pay quite a bit to just get Artest/Peace + Duhon+Blake hauled away...and Morris? Maybe gets you a rd 2..by himself...won't be enough to make ANYONE want those other bums.

It would be best not to take him seriously. I don't think I have ever seen him pass up an opportunity to show his disdain for both the team and it's fans.

Oh well, some people just get their jollies by being disrespectful. Play along or ignore, these types love living under bridges.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#32 » by DusterBuster » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Yeah, BossHoggins is about as troll as it comes for the Blazers and their fans on RealGM.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#33 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 pm

No BossHoggin really does think Nolan Smith is good. After all in 12 minutes vs Cleveland earlier this month Nolan did score 6pts (on 3-6 shooting) and get 2 assists in 12 minutes. In 36 minutes he would have had 18 and 6. No wonder BossHoggin keeps bringing him up in every Blazer thread
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Post#34 » by magic wand time » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 am

When has Portland ever helped the Lakers? I cannot even remember once.
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
RoyalWun
Lead Assistant
And1: 471

Post#35 » by RoyalWun » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:27 am

So....is Anthony Davis coming along with Pau?

I'd say yes then.
Dammit...:

I've got Nurkic fever now.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,333

Post#36 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 am

DusterBuster wrote:Yeah, BossHoggins is about as troll as it comes for the Blazers and their fans on RealGM.

nah hes just a super negative poster in general. It has nothing to do with the Blazers. I just figure every forum has "that guy" and view him as like a curmundgenly mascot and dont take any of his posts seriously because hes clearly just doing schtick.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions