BK/LAL - Dwight gets his wish...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: BK/LAL - Dwight gets his wish... 

Post#21 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:16 am

PetroNet wrote:he hasnt played well is firs toff, an overstatement. he hasnt played well be his elite standards. he has still been an 18/8 guy for us. despite playing through injury and on one of the worst teams of the decade. his defense this season has been anything but porous. its been quite good. and, all while playing through injury.

It is not an understatement. He is still a top 10 PG, but he was top 2 when we got him. His shooting percentages have been heinous and his defense at times embarrassing, though at times passable. He reminds of me of older Kidd in that he can't stay with quicker guards like Knight the other night who consistently got right past him.

what has kidd done? he isnt asked to do anything but hit open 3's. granted, he has done it, but to compare the roles of the 2 is apples and oranges.

forget last year in phoenix...that was LAST YEAR. how about what he has done now... you think deron is playing poorly. at least he is fighting through injuries and giving us 30 mpg. nash isnt even on the court.

Kidd and Nash are brought into the equation being they are HOF PG's who can bring leadership and experience few can. Last season Nash put up, once again, amazing numbers/percentages and led a cast of scrubs to a .500 record in the West. (Deron wished he could have done that in the East) I could care less what he.. or Gasol or Dwight or Kobe have done in LA this year because they are a mess. You can't possibly tell me you think Nash and Gasol are "done" based upon less than 2 months of this season. Talk about being a reactionary school girl.

Buy low? of course you are buying low. nash is 40! Pau is old and now fighting injuries. its not buying low, its throwing away assets for guys who are old and who will only get worse. not to mention they give us at best a 2 year window, and when they are gone, we dont really get cap relief because with JJ and others we are still over the cap.

Our window is now... JJ and Wallace are also getting worse.. now.

stop being an over reactionary school girl and have some patience.

I've been patient with Deron since February of 2011... nearly 2 years ago.

Like I said.. LA is shorting us value, but at the same time we would be a better team when healthy and I don't see how that is debatable. Gasol >>>>>> Hump. Efficient Nash > Inefficient D.Will.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#22 » by Jase » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 am

magic wand time wrote:Funny that Nets fan being told by non-Nets fan hia trade is terrible for Nets.

That said, Trader Joe is a very objective and educated Nets fan.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#23 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:25 am

I am officially sick of D.Will. More terrible play tonight with careless passing, lack of defense and overall maddeningly inconsistent play. D.will checks in with 5 minutes left and we have a 6 point lead, he lets Teague score twice and misses a key free throw. If we lose this game its on him. Tied now.

PGs I would rather have right now...
Paul
Rondo
Westbrook
Parker
Irving
Rubio
Curry
Rose

Ones that are close
Holiday
Nash (because of age and injuries)
Jennings
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#24 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 am

According to Bulls announcers ....Teague is growing up in front of our eyes. More like he's being guarded by Deron. And then Deron misses the wide open jumper to tie it. Sorry, I know its not a game thread, just showing specific live examples of why I am officially done defending D.Will.

Good for him though, hitting the meaningless 3 at the buzzer. Least he could do for single handedly losing that game for us.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#25 » by Kobe System » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:05 am

Trader_Joe for Brooklyn GM! :nod:
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Post#26 » by HotrodBeaubois » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 am

Quackenboss wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Nets
Nash / Watson / Taylor
Johnson / Brooks / Stackhouse
Wallace / Ebanks / Shengelia
Gasol / Evans / Teletovic
Lopez / Blatche / Clark

Nets go all out and try to win a title this year. Fully healthy they would have arguably the best starting 5 in the game.However, the odds of them all being healthy are not high, and their window all of 2 years. However JJ and Wallace are already past their primes as well and 2 of their top 4 players. They still have plenty of assets like all their first rounders, Brooks, Euros etc to try to make another upgrade. Imagine a Nash / Kidd rivalry in NY at age 40?

Yeah, I don't see it. And I don't think Nash and those guys have enough time to really gel to make them more than the sum of their parts and be a legit contender.

I know Deron has been disappointing as of late, but I still think the Nets' best shot at contending involves pairing Deron with a(nother) top-15-20 player and hoping Deron pulls it together. Maybe Gasol, but I'd be aiming for Dirk.

"but I'd be aiming for Dirk."

Dallas is not trading Dirk!! Dirk also has a no trade clause so he would have to request a trade .

Just curious what would you be giving up for Dirk ?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Post#27 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Trader Joe parks his car, approximately 2:06 AM Saturday morning.

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#28 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:39 pm

For my full (er) thoughts on the matter....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1220368

I should have known better though to be blunt on the GB like that and named the thread:
"Knicks, Paul and Rose Fans Come Join Me as We Bash Deron"

And to think I was looking for constructive feedback.

Return to Trades and Transactions