yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Randolph to Indiana

Moderators: Chuck Texas, moocow007, loserX, Trader_Joe, HartfordWhalers, jazzfan1971

Post#1 Randolph to Indiana
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:21 pm by rh9

CHA out: Reggie Williams
CHA in: Tyler Hansbrough, Haddadi

IND in: Randolph
IND out: West, Tyler Hansbrough

MEM out: Randolph, Haddadi
MEM in: West, Reggie Williams

Why for CHA: Take a look on a former UNC star.

Why for IND: They try to win now with Z-Bo. Hansbrough is dumped to avoid lux tax.

Why for MEM: No lux tax. West is a short term replacement at PF and Williams addresses a need as a 3pt shooter.
rh9

Sophomore
Posts: 123
And1: 8
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
Top

Post#2 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:53 pm by xxSnEaKyPxx

David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Check out my Youtube commentaries: http://www.youtube.com/xxSnEaKyPxx
xxSnEaKyPxx
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,463
And1: 885
Joined: Jun 2, 2007
Top

Post#3 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:10 am by TRaw187

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Completely agree. The Bobcats play a terrible role in this trade as well. Make out big
TRaw187
Ballboy
Posts: 27
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 7, 2013
Top

Post#4 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:40 am by UN-Owen

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball
UN-Owen
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,511
And1: 183
Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Top

Post#5 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:59 am by ferk

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Same can be said for zbo.
ferk



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,863
And1: 460
Joined: Apr 4, 2007
Top

Post#6 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:55 am by Chuck Texas

UN-Owen wrote:
I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball


Where is the Green Font?
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:If I remove 1960s players who would only be top ten when measured against 1960s competition and I remove centers because they play a different game then Kobe is certainly top 10 out of the remaining players.
Chuck Texas





Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
User avatar
Posts: 13,791
And1: 3,263
Joined: May 19, 2012
Top

Post#7 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:05 am by HartfordWhalers

Texas Chuck wrote:
UN-Owen wrote:
I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball


Where is the Green Font?


It went so green it looks black again.
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 14,261
And1: 1,314
Joined: Apr 6, 2010
Top

Post#8 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:08 pm by Scoot McGroot

Yeah, Randolph has had enough legal issues in Indiana that he's not really looked upon fondly by the local sports fans. I'd think we'd rather stick with West and his financial flexibility.

Randolph is a very good player, and is worth a lot to the right team. Indy just isn't that team. I would think he just wouldn't be a realistic option for the Pacers.
Scoot McGroot



Senior Mod - Pacers
Senior Mod - Pacers
User avatar
Posts: 19,405
And1: 592
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
Top

Post#9 Re: Randolph to Indiana
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:16 pm by HartfordWhalers

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, Randolph has had enough legal issues in Indiana that he's not really looked upon fondly by the local sports fans. I'd think we'd rather stick with West and his financial flexibility.

Randolph is a very good player, and is worth a lot to the right team. Indy just isn't that team. I would think he just wouldn't be a realistic option for the Pacers.


I'm not sure he is. Not in the trade value sense. He might help a team a lot, but what is the most Memphis could get for him? Maybe I'm too fixated on his bagage, but I think they would get less then Atlanta got for JJ (expirings and a pick that looked like at the time more likely to be a 2nd rounder than a mid first).
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 14,261
And1: 1,314
Joined: Apr 6, 2010
Top


Return to Trades and Transactions


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users