Randolph to Indiana

Moderators: loserX, Trader_Joe, bondom34, jazzfan1971, HartfordWhalers, Chuck Texas, Smitty731, moocow007

rh9
Sophomore
Posts: 124
And1: 8
Joined: Sep 25, 2012
 

Randolph to Indiana 

Post#1 » by rh9 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

CHA out: Reggie Williams
CHA in: Tyler Hansbrough, Haddadi

IND in: Randolph
IND out: West, Tyler Hansbrough

MEM out: Randolph, Haddadi
MEM in: West, Reggie Williams

Why for CHA: Take a look on a former UNC star.

Why for IND: They try to win now with Z-Bo. Hansbrough is dumped to avoid lux tax.

Why for MEM: No lux tax. West is a short term replacement at PF and Williams addresses a need as a 3pt shooter.
User avatar
xxSnEaKyPxx
General Manager
Posts: 7,558
And1: 972
Joined: Jun 02, 2007

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#2 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:53 am

David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Check out my Youtube commentaries: http://www.youtube.com/xxSnEaKyPxx
TRaw187
Ballboy
Posts: 27
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 08, 2013

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#3 » by TRaw187 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:10 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Completely agree. The Bobcats play a terrible role in this trade as well. Make out big
User avatar
UN-Owen
Veteran
Posts: 2,807
And1: 315
Joined: Oct 13, 2011

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#4 » by UN-Owen » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:40 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball
ferk
Starter
Posts: 2,163
And1: 618
Joined: Apr 04, 2007
     

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#5 » by ferk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:59 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Same can be said for zbo.
User avatar
Chuck Texas
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Posts: 21,228
And1: 7,417
Joined: May 19, 2012
         

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#6 » by Chuck Texas » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:55 pm

UN-Owen wrote:
I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball


Where is the Green Font?
HartfordWhalers wrote:This sort of post is getting super tiresome. Your methodology is just you hating on players I like. Yeah, no.
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 19,786
And1: 3,102
Joined: Apr 07, 2010

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#7 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:05 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
UN-Owen wrote:
I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball


Where is the Green Font?


It went so green it looks black again.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Senior Mod - Pacers
Senior Mod - Pacers
Posts: 22,034
And1: 1,066
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah, Randolph has had enough legal issues in Indiana that he's not really looked upon fondly by the local sports fans. I'd think we'd rather stick with West and his financial flexibility.

Randolph is a very good player, and is worth a lot to the right team. Indy just isn't that team. I would think he just wouldn't be a realistic option for the Pacers.
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 19,786
And1: 3,102
Joined: Apr 07, 2010

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:16 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, Randolph has had enough legal issues in Indiana that he's not really looked upon fondly by the local sports fans. I'd think we'd rather stick with West and his financial flexibility.

Randolph is a very good player, and is worth a lot to the right team. Indy just isn't that team. I would think he just wouldn't be a realistic option for the Pacers.


I'm not sure he is. Not in the trade value sense. He might help a team a lot, but what is the most Memphis could get for him? Maybe I'm too fixated on his bagage, but I think they would get less then Atlanta got for JJ (expirings and a pick that looked like at the time more likely to be a 2nd rounder than a mid first).

Return to Trades and Transactions