76ers needs and players on the block.

Moderators: Chuck Texas, Smitty731, jazzfan1971, HartfordWhalers, moocow007, bondom34, loserX, Trader_Joe

SparksFly87
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 97
Joined: Mar 24, 2010

76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#1 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:19 pm

76ers need a quick, explosive , consistent scoring starting shooting guard. A shut down ,long /physical SF. Also a athletic rebounding specialist/banger.


On the block

Evan Turner, Nick Young, Spencer Hawes or Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown and Arnette Moultirie.






Targets. Monta Ellis. Josh Smith , Milwakee bucks big man not names Drew Gooden.
loserX
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 29,507
And1: 4,120
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
       

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#2 » by loserX » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Turner is on the block? Hadn't gotten that impression. They've spent a couple of years waiting for him to "get it", and now he has, and you'd rather have a (potentially) expiring Monta Ellis?
Blazinaway
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,571
And1: 102
Joined: Jan 27, 2009

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#3 » by Blazinaway » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:24 pm

JJ Hickson for Spencer hawes
User avatar
Chuck Texas
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Posts: 19,684
And1: 6,440
Joined: May 19, 2012
         

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#4 » by Chuck Texas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Marion/Mayo fit two of your needs. Id even expand the deal a little to help you further

Marion/Mayo/Kaman/Crowder

for

Turner/Hawes/Kwame/Wright(Nick Young would be okay in place of Wright, but prefer Wright obv)

You get your explosive 2, your long physical shut down SF then you get a upgrade at center and Crowder is a nice SF prospect at a bargain contract.

Dallas obv gets Turner and then some veteran stopgaps.
miltk wrote:no player other than russell has ever been so closely tied to rings. it is duncan's WHOLE legacy. he has no legacy without them and without them he wouldn't be a top10 player
SparksFly87
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 97
Joined: Mar 24, 2010

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#5 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:29 pm

loserX wrote:Turner is on the block? Hadn't gotten that impression. They've spent a couple of years waiting for him to "get it", and now he has, and you'd rather have a (potentially) expiring Monta Ellis?



Doug Collins says his team lacks quickness on perimeter, wants Jrue Holiday to guard more off ball and a guy who can penetrate and get to the line. Monta Ellis sounds like the guy. If we can get Ellis, Luc Moute and one of the aggressive athletic rebound bigs. Great!
SparksFly87
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 97
Joined: Mar 24, 2010

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#6 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Blazinaway wrote:JJ Hickson for Spencer hawes




Yup!
User avatar
jwise44
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,213
And1: 1,426
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#7 » by jwise44 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm sick and messed up on pain meds but ill try...would u do Lin for turner? No? Didn't think so

I really want turner to be a rocket even though he's not a great fit I really like him....Lin and Morris or pat pat (may offer delfinos expiring instead lf those 2 because I value turner highly, but I would rather not) Morris is a stretch 3/4 and pat pat has SHOWN THE ABILITY to be a banger at 4, and even though he was soft at the beginning of the year he has been tougher as of late. He is also a good defender against quick 4s and has even done well defending players like durant in spurts plus he is a good leader supposedly and is a willing learner (has added some post moves recently)

I would love a dougie/harden/parsons/Morris or pat pat /Asik with 6th man turner logging heavy minute and a bench of Beverly/turner/delfino/jones or motie/smith...can even run a small lineup of dougie/harden/turner/parsons/Asik or smith OR a big lineup of harden/turner/parsons/Morris or pat pat/Asik or smith

I don't know how far off the value is either way so please fellow rox fans and sixers fans respond (don't know how much that would mess up our max capspace this offseason but I don't think anyone available is worth the max outside of cp3 and Howard and we won't get either...rather turner and a millsap or al Jeff for less than max and a role player or 2 than a maxed josh smith)
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 18,534
And1: 2,741
Joined: Apr 07, 2010

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm

loserX wrote:Turner is on the block? Hadn't gotten that impression. They've spent a couple of years waiting for him to "get it", and now he has, and you'd rather have a (potentially) expiring Monta Ellis?


Yeah, there really haven't been any indications that the team would be shopping Turner or do something like the OP mentioned. And a comment that the team needs quicker bigger wings for defense doesn't exactly scream Monta to me.
User avatar
mlloyd10
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,948
And1: 274
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
     

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#9 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:76ers need a quick, explosive , consistent scoring starting shooting guard. A shut down ,long /physical SF. Also a athletic rebounding specialist/banger.


On the block

Evan Turner, Nick Young, Spencer Hawes or Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown and Arnette Moultirie.






Targets. Monta Ellis. Josh Smith , Milwakee bucks big man not names Drew Gooden.


I would easily give you Ellis/Daniels for Turner/Young
2015 Draft Wish List - Portis/Portis/Portis/Booker
Baby Bop
Sophomore
Posts: 183
And1: 2
Joined: Nov 12, 2012

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#10 » by Baby Bop » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm

interested in DeRozan?
RIP Jerry Buss
SparksFly87
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 97
Joined: Mar 24, 2010

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#11 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Baby Bop wrote:interested in DeRozan?




Yes Derozan, Barganani and Ed Davis too.


Willing to give up. A combination of Turner, Nick Young , Dorell Wrigth , and Hawes.
User avatar
oyoyer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,196
And1: 516
Joined: May 01, 2010
     

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#12 » by oyoyer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 am

mlloyd10 wrote:I would easily give you Ellis/Daniels for Turner/Young


How about Turner and TYoung for Udrih, Gooden, and Sanders?
6/28/2015
WHO KNEW WE'D EVER SEE THE DAY?
Offer: Felton to GSW for Lee and Warriors 2019 1st 1-14 protected.
old rem wrote:Sure. While Felton has gone downhill it does cut $ and I'm okay losing a pick off in the future...
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 30,100
And1: 3,888
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#13 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 am

We're not trading Sanders.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
oyoyer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,196
And1: 516
Joined: May 01, 2010
     

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#14 » by oyoyer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:We're not trading Sanders.


Fair enough. I feel I should add here regardless of what OP says here Sixers are not interested in Ellis, though.
6/28/2015
WHO KNEW WE'D EVER SEE THE DAY?
Offer: Felton to GSW for Lee and Warriors 2019 1st 1-14 protected.
old rem wrote:Sure. While Felton has gone downhill it does cut $ and I'm okay losing a pick off in the future...
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 16,987
And1: 2,049
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#15 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 am

SparksFly87 wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:JJ Hickson for Spencer hawes




Yup!


The Blazers only consider that if they can attach Freeland to Hickson. I don't think they'ed be willing to swap Hickson for Hawes considering how much cap space they'd be losing in that move. They love more than half of their cap space and I don't think that's a sacrifice Olshey would make just for Hawes. With Freeland being attached along with Hickson, that at least lessens the cap hit the Blazers would take.

So, change that offer Blazin said to this to this.....

Hickson
Freeland

for

Hawes
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
oyoyer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,196
And1: 516
Joined: May 01, 2010
     

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#16 » by oyoyer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 am

DusterBuster wrote:
SparksFly87 wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:JJ Hickson for Spencer hawes




Yup!


The Blazers only consider that if they can attach Freeland to Hickson. I don't think they'ed be willing to swap Hickson for Hawes considering how much cap space they'd be losing in that move. They love more than half of their cap space and I don't think that's a sacrifice Olshey would make just for Hawes. With Freeland being attached along with Hickson, that at least lessens the cap hit the Blazers would take.

So, change that offer Blazin said to this to this.....

Hickson
Freeland

for

Hawes


Sixers say yes to that too if you guys take Ivey.
6/28/2015
WHO KNEW WE'D EVER SEE THE DAY?
Offer: Felton to GSW for Lee and Warriors 2019 1st 1-14 protected.
old rem wrote:Sure. While Felton has gone downhill it does cut $ and I'm okay losing a pick off in the future...
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 16,987
And1: 2,049
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#17 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 am

oyoyer wrote:
Sixers say yes to that too if you guys take Ivey.


I don't see any reason why that would be a problem. I also don't understand why that would why that would be a requirement on the Sixers end of the deal. Why would he have to be involved exactly? He's expiring so I don't see any reason why it would be a problem for Portland, just don't get why it's a necessity fog Philly.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 18,534
And1: 2,741
Joined: Apr 07, 2010

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#18 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
Sixers say yes to that too if you guys take Ivey.


I don't see any reason why that would be a problem. I also don't understand why that would why that would be a requirement on the Sixers end of the deal. Why would he have to be involved exactly? He's expiring so I don't see any reason why it would be a problem for Portland, just don't get why it's a necessity fog Philly.


Sixers just signed Shelvin Mack to a 10 day contract, so maybe its a roster spot issue? Or just hating on Ivey.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 16,987
And1: 2,049
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#19 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Sixers just signed Shelvin Mack to a 10 day contract, so maybe its a roster spot issue? Or just hating on Ivey.


Huh. Well, whatever the reason, it should be fine with Portland since he's expiring.

The next question is, would Hickson accept a trade to Philly? They'd probably have to promise him a starting gig at one of the frontcourt spots so that he'd be getting the same amount of opportunities as he currently is in Portland.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
freshie2
General Manager
Posts: 9,738
And1: 157
Joined: Jun 24, 2004

Re: 76ers needs and players on the block. 

Post#20 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Monta Ellis???

Return to Trades and Transactions