yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

76ers needs and players on the block.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Trader_Joe, jazzfan1971, loserX, moocow007, Chuck Texas

Post#16 Re: 76ers needs and players on the block.
Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 am by oyoyer

DusterBuster wrote:
SparksFly87 wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:JJ Hickson for Spencer hawes




Yup!


The Blazers only consider that if they can attach Freeland to Hickson. I don't think they'ed be willing to swap Hickson for Hawes considering how much cap space they'd be losing in that move. They love more than half of their cap space and I don't think that's a sacrifice Olshey would make just for Hawes. With Freeland being attached along with Hickson, that at least lessens the cap hit the Blazers would take.

So, change that offer Blazin said to this to this.....

Hickson
Freeland

for

Hawes


Sixers say yes to that too if you guys take Ivey.
WillyJakkz wrote:Lakers trade: Julius Randle / TE (Steve Nash TE to absorb Noel)

Sixers trade: Nerlens Noel / Michael Carter-Williams
oyoyer



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,308
And1: 389
Joined: May 1, 2010
Top

Post#17 Re: 76ers needs and players on the block.
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:10 am by DusterBuster

oyoyer wrote:
Sixers say yes to that too if you guys take Ivey.


I don't see any reason why that would be a problem. I also don't understand why that would why that would be a requirement on the Sixers end of the deal. Why would he have to be involved exactly? He's expiring so I don't see any reason why it would be a problem for Portland, just don't get why it's a necessity fog Philly.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 16,380
And1: 1,715
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Top

Post#18 Re: 76ers needs and players on the block.
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:20 am by HartfordWhalers

DusterBuster wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
Sixers say yes to that too if you guys take Ivey.


I don't see any reason why that would be a problem. I also don't understand why that would why that would be a requirement on the Sixers end of the deal. Why would he have to be involved exactly? He's expiring so I don't see any reason why it would be a problem for Portland, just don't get why it's a necessity fog Philly.


Sixers just signed Shelvin Mack to a 10 day contract, so maybe its a roster spot issue? Or just hating on Ivey.
HartfordWhalers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 14,575
And1: 1,454
Joined: Apr 7, 2010
Top

Post#19 Re: 76ers needs and players on the block.
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 pm by DusterBuster

HartfordWhalers wrote:Sixers just signed Shelvin Mack to a 10 day contract, so maybe its a roster spot issue? Or just hating on Ivey.


Huh. Well, whatever the reason, it should be fine with Portland since he's expiring.

The next question is, would Hickson accept a trade to Philly? They'd probably have to promise him a starting gig at one of the frontcourt spots so that he'd be getting the same amount of opportunities as he currently is in Portland.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 16,380
And1: 1,715
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Top

Post#20 Re: 76ers needs and players on the block.
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 pm by freshie2

Monta Ellis???
freshie2
General Manager
Posts: 9,555
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Top

Post#21 Re: 76ers needs and players on the block.
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 pm by SixersfutureGM

hawes/ivey for hickson/freeland sounds like a really good deal for both teams. I also forsee having it be no issue that hickson starts at Center for us considering the other options would be allen/brown. Once (if) bynum gets back then i think he becomes the 3rd big but will still get heavy minutes.
Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most

But he is definitely not 7 foot


Darain wrote:Prime Wilt wouldn't be anymore than Kwame Brown in today's NBA


Idunno who you are Mister Darain but you are a signature gold mine.. keep them coming!
SixersfutureGM
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 590
And1: 13
Joined: Jun 17, 2007
Top

Post#22 Re: 76ers needs and players on the block.
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm by 76erFixer

Blazinaway wrote:JJ Hickson for Spencer hawes


Sold
76erFixer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,274
And1: 11
Joined: May 6, 2009
Top

Next

Return to Trades and Transactions


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chuck Texas, Dimitraa, Grover, Jow128, puppa bear, RightToCensor, Smitty731, tidho, truch