76ers package of Evan Turner and Thad Young nets us?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: 76ers package of Evan Turner and Thad Young nets us? 

Post#21 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:09 am

freshie2 wrote:Robinson is intriguing in this deal...is he just buried due to depth, or has he really not shown anything at this point?? 6'10" with energy fills a huge void for the Sixers.

Robinson is 6' 8.75" in shoes but might make a very nice fit with Bynum regardless.

From what I can tell, he's having a tough time taking his game to the pros because the players are bigger and stronger than they were in college. He is rather undersized and why they experimented with him at SF some in the pre-season. He does have very good handles and quickness though.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#22 » by Foshan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 am

turk3d wrote:Warriors won't be trading two of their youngest players (Thompson and Barnes) if they trade either of them. Might be willing to consider a Landry for Young (who btw has a hideous contract) deal as part of the overall package which gives back a quality player with similar skills.

Paying Richard Jefferson 10 Mill to give you 3/3/1 is a hideous contract.

Paying Thad Young 8M to give you 15/7/2 is not a hideous contract.

No one is going to say Thad Young is a 'bargin/steal' of a deal. However, I think he's worth his contract, he's 24 and still improving.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#23 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:20 am

Foshan wrote:
turk3d wrote:Warriors won't be trading two of their youngest players (Thompson and Barnes) if they trade either of them. Might be willing to consider a Landry for Young (who btw has a hideous contract) deal as part of the overall package which gives back a quality player with similar skills.

Paying Richard Jefferson 10 Mill to give you 3/3/1 is a hideous contract.

Paying Thad Young 8M to give you 15/7/2 is not a hideous contract.

No one is going to say Thad Young is a 'bargin/steal' of a deal. However, I think he's worth his contract, he's 24 and still improving.

I think Thad has an absolutely fair contract. He's not overpaid, he's not underpaid.
He's not a great player but he's above average.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#24 » by eliasrapp98 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:52 am

Thad's deal is perfect for him. If he were to get a new deal today, he'd be overpayed and would get like 10 million. 8 million for a 24 year old leader, class act guy going 15/7/2 is perfect.
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#25 » by the_process » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 am

longfellow44 wrote:I have an interesting trade here. I think it could balance both rosters a lot.

Turner & Nick Young
for
T Robinson & Thornton

The kings get their starting SF in Turner and probably waive Nick Young to give the back up SG spot to Jimmer. Also relieves the log jam at PF for the kings. Financially the kings save with Young's expiring.

For the 76er's this gives them a starting Shooting Guard in Thornton who is a very good scorer and would be a nice fit next to Holiday. You keep Thad who can now start at SF and continue his defensive play from that position. 76ers also get a very good PF prospect that could easily be their starter. He has tons of potential just no opportunity with the kings.

New lineups

Kings Roster
Brooks/IT
Evans/Jimmer
Turner/Salmons
Thompson/Johnson
Cousins/Hayes

76er's Roster
Holiday/Ivey
Thornton/Wilkins
Young/Wright
Robinson/Allen
Hawes/Bynum

Sixers would take a shot and do this deal.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#26 » by Mich3006 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 am

A package with Thad Young and Evan Turner should bring the Sixers a player like Chris Bosh!

Like the Big Al+ Warriors pick
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Post#27 » by Ricepilar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm

I dont think the Warriors would touch that Klay Thompson deal. He's a better player than Turner.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#28 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:What can Turner and Thad net in a trade package? Fillers are everybody except Bynum and Holiday.

What position or type of player are you seeking in return?

Return to Trades and Transactions