Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Re: Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor 

Post#61 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
MNRunLeft wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
3 picks + salary cap relief + Vucevic + Harkless is a much much better package for a rebuilding team.

I could see the argument for Chicago doing that, and for LAL accepting even if Orlando wouldn't.

If you land Noah and Deng does Orlando even need to do a complete rebuild though? Worst case they part that deal out just like they did Bynum and get as good or better return in the process.

To me, a Noah Deng Jameer big 3 is pretty much a worst case scenario for a team. And I like 2 of them. Buts its a 5th seed and no more at all. Why not go for a 10th seed and get tons of lottery tickets to stardom?

Let's not candy coat it... Noah/Deng/Jameer without Thibs coaching, without Boozer's scoring, with no Taj as a backup and all the other meh role players like Nate and Hinrich that Thibs somehow makes look great is at best a 7 seed and more like a 9th to 10th seed.

Current Orlando is coached well and has some good role players themselves but are sure to fall back to earth even further by season's end and be around 4th worst record overall.

The 10th seed is an atrocious place to be, even worse then bottoming out or the 5th seed in the playoffs, or the 7th or 8th.

But that isn't even the point, was just saying 5 seed is such a wild leap of faith and 10th is a bad place to be.

If Orlando was going to take a package like that they should have grabbed Lopez/Brooks/Hump/3 1sts this summer, which was the obvious best offer out there, even more so if they turned it into a 3 or 4 team deal to bring back less win now stuff and more high value assets.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Trades and Transactions