Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Re: Lopez-Love-Dwight Rumor 

Post#31 » by MNRunLeft » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 am

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:How about Dwight to Atlanta, Horford to Minny, and Love to LA?

Wolves still need another valuable asset to downgrade from Love to Horford, problem being neither LA or ATL has a promising young piece or valuable pick(s).
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#32 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 am

How about Love to LAL, Horford/Brooks/1st to Minny,Lopez to Atlanta and Dwight to Brooklyn?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#33 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 am

Krapinsky wrote:Howard wouldn't resign in MN. If "we're losing Love anyway" then I'd rather trade him for a player(s) we could have under contract for several years.

Maybe, but Love-for-Howard is a great trade while Love-for-Lopez is a poor exchange for the Wolves. If Howard enjoyed playing with Rubio, who knows what could happen?
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#34 » by basketbob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am

I imagine the Nuggs would be interested in Lopez, if the Lakers would prefer, say McGee and Iguodola. Some extras needed to make $ work. Something like D12, ebanks to BRK; McGee and AI to LA; Lopez, Teletovic to DEN
More free is better
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#35 » by DLeagueAllStars » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 am

None of the deals above have the value needed to move Love from the Minn when they still have Pek at center...
parson
RealGM

Post#36 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:How about Love to LAL, Horford/Brooks/1st to Minny,Lopez to Atlanta and Dwight to Brooklyn?

ATL has an inside track at obtaining Howard if he goes to free agency and we're going to help a team that has no chance of signing him to a FA contract?

Man, the Nets would have to pay us a ton for us to help them like that. And we wouldn't offer Horford in that kind of an exchange.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#37 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 am

parson wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:How about Love to LAL, Horford/Brooks/1st to Minny,Lopez to Atlanta and Dwight to Brooklyn?

ATL has an inside track at obtaining Howard if he goes to free agency and we're going to help a team that has no chance of signing him to a FA contract?

Man, the Nets would have to pay us a ton for us to help them like that. And we wouldn't offer Horford in that kind of an exchange.

I'm sorry but Howard to Atlanta is just such an ultra long shot.

It'll go force his way to BK now, walk to Dallas or Houston, then walk to Atlanta if he doesn't stay in LA.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
parson
RealGM

Post#38 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 am

And yet, the Hawks are being mentioned more and more. Just yesterday, I saw an article where Magic Johnson told the Mavericks that they'd better empty the bank for Howard before he ends up in ATL.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#39 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 am

parson wrote:And yet, the Hawks are being mentioned more and more. Just yesterday, I saw an article where Magic Johnson told the Mavericks that they'd better empty the bank for Howard before he ends up in ATL.

When you're using Magic as your source you know you're wishing on a star haha.

Eh man, more power to you if the Hawks get him, I would be absolutely shocked though.
deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#40 » by deanwoof » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 am

the only good thing about trading with atlanta is getting a locked-up at a great price 4 years of al horford. at this point with how dwight and love seemingly want out of their situations, i'd think twolves or lakers would do the deal just to be over it.
parson
RealGM

Post#41 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:39 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
parson wrote:And yet, the Hawks are being mentioned more and more. Just yesterday, I saw an article where Magic Johnson told the Mavericks that they'd better empty the bank for Howard before he ends up in ATL.

When you're using Magic as your source you know you're wishing on a star haha.

Eh man, more power to you if the Hawks get him, I would be absolutely shocked though.

Magic is one source.

I'm using Magic, you're using .... you. Hunh
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#42 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
parson wrote:Reading the proposed trade, IF MIN were looking to trade Love to LA and IF MIN were willing to lose Pekovic, then why wouldn't THEY want Howard? Remember, they're losing Love anyway if they don't improve, as he'll exercise his option to leave early.

Also, they have Rubio, a pretty good (and young) PG to make Howard look good, and Derrick Williams, who's developed a good 3pt shot for a PF.

Add in whatever they can get by trading Pekovic and they're a very good team.

This all reads like NY wishful thinking from the journalists to sell newspapers. I'm sure EVERY GM is planning trade offers for Dwight Howard if the Lakers look like they're worried about keeping him.

Rudolph is a reporter in Florida I believe with connections to Dwight. This is not from the Nets who denied it quickly and vehemently.

Yeah, Rudolph was the guy that broke everything last trade deadline. And by all accounts did so because he personally is very close to Dwight. Anything like this from him I take as the same as if it was from his agent.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#43 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:59 am

Rather have Noah and Deng for Howard than KLove

JR : Next Gen
MNRunLeft
Starter

Post#44 » by MNRunLeft » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 am

GhostX wrote:Rather have Noah and Deng for Howard than KLove

Since when is Chicago offering that?

If Chicago was willing to give that up for Dwight seems like Orland would have taken that deal in the first place. Don't see any reason Dwight's value has increased since last year, not under contract and multiple teams he could simply walk to in the offseason as a FA.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#45 » by AQuintus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 am

And I'd rather have Lebron and Durant for KLove than Lopez.
HartfordWhalers

Post#46 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 am

MNRunLeft wrote:

Since when is Chicago offering that?

If Chicago was willing to give that up for Dwight seems like Orland would have taken that deal in the first place. Don't see any reason Dwight's value has increased since last year, not under contract and multiple teams he could simply walk to in the offseason as a FA.

3 picks + salary cap relief + Vucevic + Harkless is a much much better package for a rebuilding team.

I could see the argument for Chicago doing that, and for LAL accepting even if Orlando wouldn't.
MNRunLeft
Starter

Post#47 » by MNRunLeft » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
3 picks + salary cap relief + Vucevic + Harkless is a much much better package for a rebuilding team.

I could see the argument for Chicago doing that, and for LAL accepting even if Orlando wouldn't.

If you land Noah and Deng does Orlando even need to do a complete rebuild though? Worst case they part that deal out just like they did Bynum and get as good or better return in the process.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#48 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 am

Plus Hennigan still has Afflalo as a nice trade chip that can probly net a top 10 pick from a bordeline fringe playoff team

JR : Next Gen
HartfordWhalers

Post#49 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 am

MNRunLeft wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

If you land Noah and Deng does Orlando even need to do a complete rebuild though? Worst case they part that deal out just like they did Bynum and get as good or better return in the process.

To me, a Noah Deng Jameer big 3 is pretty much a worst case sceanrio for a team. And I like 2 of them. Buts its a 5th seed and no more at all. Why not go for a 10th seed and get tons of lottery tickets to stardom?
busybluth22
Senior
And1: 65

Post#50 » by busybluth22 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 am

LAL in: Love, Cunningham, Beasley, own '13 1st, NJ '15 1st
LAL out: Howard, Peace, Ebanks

They get their pick back, which would probably be in the top 10 since Love would be out, and they would be losing their 2 best defensive players. Beasley is filler & his 3rd year on his contract is non-guaranteed so they don't screw up their plans for 2014.

NJ in: Howard, Dudley, Peace, O’Neal
NJ out: Lopez, Wallace, Brooks, Stackhouse, '15 1st

They get Howard + a decent C backup, + more depth at the 2 & 3.

MIN in: Wallace, Gortat, Ebanks, '13 PHX 2nd
MIN out: Love, Cunningham, Stiemsma

If the Wolves want to keep Pek beyond this season, Gortat makes more sense than Lopez because his D is good enough for Pek to play alongside him for stretches when they're not facing athletic roaming PFs. Wallace would start at SF & allow Kirilenko to play the 4, his more natural position at this point (an added bonus is Williams can play alongside either Wallace & Kirilenko due to their ability to guard both F positions). The Wolves would be stacked in the frontcourt.

PHX in: Lopez, Brooks, Stiemsma, Stackhouse
PHX out: Gortat, Dudley, O’Neal, Beasley,'13 LAL 1st, '13 2nd

They get a young C they can build around.

Return to Trades and Transactions