To Go The Distance MIL: Listen up PHX

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

bucknz
Freshman
And1: 1

To Go The Distance MIL: Listen up PHX 

Post#1 » by bucknz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am

Bucks are there or there abouts in terms of personal they require to make a real push for the playoffs this year. Obviously 8th seed is a giant small step from last season but there is still areas that need addressing coming into the 2nd half of the season and who knows where other teams may end up given the unpredictability of the Eastern Conference.
Given that I thought since the bucks are looking long-term future out the cornor of their eye and still trying to achieve the mandate which is to win now...I came up with the Suns which I think is the bucks best trade partner going forward.

Bucks trade
Jennings (F/A at the end of the year, and has still yet to be a consistent player, but closer to top 10 PG) (wants a deal of 9-11M/4yrs)
Udoh (3years left, top 10 drafted player)
Gooden (contract aside, plays well offensively, experienced)
Lamb (SG with a nice jumper, good defender)
2013 first-round pick
2014 second-round pick
OUTGOING 16-17M. Suns get some nice young pieces to complement there team and some experience as well

Bucks receive
Dragic / Gortat / Dudley
INCOMING 19M. Bucks get a new PG and teams don't detect a pulse in combo with Udrih. Get a C and SG who they also need to play consistent minutes in low post and swingman positions on court.

What do you think suns fans...
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Re: To Go The Distance MIL: Listen up PHX 

Post#2 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 am

No.
bryanoid
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#3 » by bryanoid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 am

Uh something wrong with Sanders? Why do we need Gortat?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#4 » by Kerrsed » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 am

I counter offer with Dragic/Gortat for Jennings(Only if he guarantees to re-sign)/Henson/Lamb/Dalembert/2014 pick
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
ATF
Junior
And1: 40

Post#5 » by ATF » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 am

I kind of like it for Phoenix.

We need young assets and picks since this season is pretty much a throw away so we should be looking at developing guys.

But... that's a lot of value heading out the door and we absorb Gooden...

Gooden might be too much here, what about Sam dalembert?
Suns.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 am

Kerrsed wrote:I counter offer with Dragic/Gortat for Jennings(Only if he guarantees to re-sign)/Henson/Lamb/Dalembert/2014 pick

Jennings restricted.

My third party version would be...

Dragic, Gortat
for
Jennings, Lamb, Udoh, Dalembert, #1

Basically your deal with Udoh instead on Henson.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
bucknz
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#7 » by bucknz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 am

Yeah i think Dragic/Gortat trade also sounds great. It would be to good to be true if the bucks received dudley as well. the suns surely by now must be starting to think about a rebuild and what better way than some young picks. I'm also not confident in the future of Harris, but many bucks fans think he has up-side. Henson and sanders are two keepers as far as bucks are concerned.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#8 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:53 am

bucknz wrote:Yeah i think Dragic/Gortat trade also sounds great. It would be to good to be true if the bucks received dudley as well. the suns surely by now must be starting to think about a rebuild and what better way than some young picks. I'm also not confident in the future of Harris, but many bucks fans think he has up-side. Henson and sanders are two keepers as far as bucks are concerned.

I wouldn't bother pursuing Dudley.. he is a prime example of worth more to us than you. You will have to pay through the nose to get him.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#9 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 am

This is terrible for the Bucks no. NO.
FREE GIANNIS
linguini8
Junior
And1: 47

Post#10 » by linguini8 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 am

All deals listed for Bucks are awful. Way too much value.

No interest in Gortat or Dragic. Jennings > Dragic. Have Sanders, no need for Gortat.

Only interest would be Dudley.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#11 » by NashtyNas » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
bucknz wrote:Yeah i think Dragic/Gortat trade also sounds great. It would be to good to be true if the bucks received dudley as well. the suns surely by now must be starting to think about a rebuild and what better way than some young picks. I'm also not confident in the future of Harris, but many bucks fans think he has up-side. Henson and sanders are two keepers as far as bucks are concerned.

I wouldn't bother pursuing Dudley.. he is a prime example of worth more to us than you. You will have to pay through the nose to get him.

TJ, you're probably the only person that seems to understand it even though everyone seems to use it or say it. Things couldn't be any more true in terms of what you said. Dudley is just too valuable to us from a team perspective for us to deal him, period. He loves it here, we love him, he's cheap, will always be somewhat cheap, and he's not very old. Even if we rebuild, unless we get a good deal, I see Dudley sticking around.

With that said, I really like the Goran/Gortat for Jennings/Udoh/1st deal. I would hope they may even throw in Henson since they don't particularly need him, but even if they don't I'd probably accept that one as long as we know Jennings' isn't going to be getting the max. If his agent agrees to a decent deal as wink/wink, then it's fine, but seeing as he's RFA, without that I wouldn't consider it.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#12 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 am

JayMKE wrote:This is terrible for the Bucks no. NO.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Trades and Transactions