LAL NOH

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

derpidyderp
Ballboy
And1: 0

LAL NOH 

Post#1 » by derpidyderp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

IF lakers decide to trade dwight the hornets should gamble on him. pretty much give them everyone but EG and AD.
trade: vasquez, aminu, anderson, jason smith, and xavier henry for dwight, chris duhon, devin ebanks, and robert sacre.

lakers get one of the best stretch 4's, a solid back up point guard, a shooter, and some athleticism with aminu and smith.
They would fit noD'antoni's system better and not clog the paint.

hornets get dwight and try to re-sign CP3 in the off season. They have AD on the rookie deal and still have EG.

Starting line up of:
CP3
EG
whoever (maybe draft a sf)
AD
Dwight

with rivers, although he sucks, playing the spark of the bench role and robin lopez playing backup center.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Re: LAL NOH 

Post#2 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

While I think there is merit to the Lakers getting some depth to help turn things around, I think Lakers fans will feel ripped off by this trade.

Plus theres no way we get CP3 back IMO, Jennings maybe. Plus if Dwight wants to play in NO we can just wait till the offseason and sign him with the current roster, so yea, few reasons this doesnt work IMO
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#3 » by warren weel im » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

If you're getting Dwight, why are you sending US the stretch 4?
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#4 » by scoobs07 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Three team deal

Lakers get: Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon
These are players that fit Dantoni's system

Hornets get: Brook Lopez, Jodie Meeks and Darius Morris
Brooks is a true center that could form a great C/PF combo with Davis for years to come. Meeks and Morris are young guards that could help out. Rivers moves the starting SG, him at Gordon kind of duplicated each other.

Nets get: Howard
They apparently are trying to get him, so this trade accomplishes that.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#5 » by DLeagueAllStars » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:35 pm

How is lopez worth gordon and anderson? Cuz the spare parts font add to anything

U are failing to realize that if u want a 3rd parties players, ur gonna have to overpay

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
derpidyderp
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by derpidyderp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 pm

they need a stretch four because their coach's name is mike d'antoni and his system requires shooter. no such thing as too many shooters for him. plus, pau would play center not pf.

they would trade for dwight now so they can offer him more money than other teams. Plus, you get rid of some contracts to make more space for free agent signing. I do agree they might not get chris paul or even have the cap to sign him but if both decide to take less money and team up like lebron bosh, and wade did, it might be possible.

of course all of this is speculative since lakers prob won't trade dwight but I think this is one of the better packages out there. They get players who fit the system and short contracts (except anderson). Trading a superstar in dwight for another star won't help lakers because they already have three other stars and the best center. if that didn't work i doubt josh smith or any other star in return will help. they'd be better off improving the team as a whole. unless you get kevin love. but highly unlikely
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#7 » by Doormatt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm

if the hornets want dwight, davis is coming to LA, no other way we do it.

besides if their plan is to go after cp3 with dwight (lol) then anderson is a much better fit for that than waiting on davis to become dominant.
#doorgek

Return to Trades and Transactions