what can Brooklyn get for: hump, teletovic, brooks?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,336

Re: what can Brooklyn get for: hump, teletovic, brooks? 

Post#41 » by drosestruts » Wed Mar 6, 2013 9:23 pm

Chi in: Mizra Teletovic and Ben Gordon
Chi out: Carlos Boozer and Rip Hamilton

Brooklyn in: Carlos Boozer and Rip Hamilton
Brooklyn out: Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks and Mizra Teletovic

Charlotte in: Kris Humphries and Marshon Brooks
Charlotte out: Ben Gordon

Chicago Line-up

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Bellinelli/Gordon
Deng/Butler
Taj/Teletovic
Noah/2013 Draft pick

Chicago cuts salary and moves Boozer. The postion Chicago most needs upgraded is SG and they get that in Ben Gordon. In my opinion they're just not interested in Brooks and Humphries even with factoring in the earlier expiring money.

Brooklyn line-up

Williams/Watson
Johnson/Hamilton
Wallace/
Boozer/Evans
Lopez/Blatche

The reason Brooklyn doesn't just trade humphries for Gordon is because they don't need a 12 million dollar 2-guard when they already have a 20 million dollar one. They do need a PF though so enter Boozer.

Charlotte line-up:

Honestly, I don't know their roster or depth chart. Ben Gordon's not working out there so this moves him along while allowing them to add a cheap, young shooting guard prospect and big on an expiring contract that can rebound.

I just don't think any 2-team trades would work but that by all coming together they could get what they're looking for.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Post#42 » by Colbinii » Wed Mar 6, 2013 9:24 pm

Why would Charlotte dumb Ben Gordon for 2 vastly lesser players?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#43 » by drosestruts » Wed Mar 6, 2013 9:37 pm

Colbinii wrote:Why would Charlotte dumb Ben Gordon for 2 vastly lesser players?

Because Ben Gordon has been a disturbance to the team via that report that came out about him interupting practice and getting into it with the coach.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Post#44 » by Colbinii » Wed Mar 6, 2013 11:16 pm

drosestruts wrote:

Because Ben Gordon has been a disturbance to the team via that report that came out about him interupting practice and getting into it with the coach.

Does it matter if he has been a disturbance to a trash team?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#45 » by drosestruts » Thu Mar 7, 2013 5:49 pm

Colbinii wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

Does it matter if he has been a disturbance to a trash team?

The reports saying they wanted to move him at the trade deadline because of the incident suggests it does matter to the Bobcats.

Just cause you're on a bad team doesn't mean you can be an insubordinate.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#46 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:05 pm

Charlotte was supposedly the one who made the BG for Hump offer and it was up to Brooklyn to accept. I've heard one reason they did not was because they think Hump's slightly smaller salary (12m vs. 13.2m next season) will be easier to move... but I'm sure there were others such as continuing to develop Brooks. (apparently there is a rift between PJC and ownership on the handling of the less experienced players which has carried over from Avery).
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#47 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:07 pm

LApwnd wrote:
mainmolina wrote:Boozer. Great player, just overpaid, and I'd love to have shorter contracts. Maybe Brooks can turn it around. Throw in RIP so salaries match. Better than Gasol, by a lot.

Humphries is better than Pau? now I've heard it all :lol:

Read again.. he was saying Boozer was better than Pau.
Which, based upon this season/injuries/fit for BK, I don't think that is untrue.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#48 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:08 pm

Colbinii wrote:Does it matter if he has been a disturbance to a trash team?

Of course.
Charlotte is trying to groom a very young team. The last thing you want is the well to be poisoned.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#49 » by LApwnd » Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:14 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
mainmolina wrote:Boozer. Great player, just overpaid, and I'd love to have shorter contracts. Maybe Brooks can turn it around. Throw in RIP so salaries match. Better than Gasol, by a lot.

Humphries is better than Pau? now I've heard it all :lol:

Read again.. he was saying Boozer was better than Pau.
Which, based upon this season/injuries/fit for BK, I don't think that is untrue.

why would he mean it that way when LA clearly has no interest in regards to these BK players/package? To me this is more in ref. to my offer of Pau for Boozer/Deng/fillers
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#50 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:20 pm

LApwnd wrote:why would he mean it that way when LA clearly has no interest in regards to these BK players/package? To me this is more in ref. to my offer of Pau for Boozer/Deng/fillers

The question was.. what can BK get for HTB?

He said:
Boozer. Great player, just overpaid, and I'd love to have shorter contracts. Maybe Brooks can turn it around. Throw in RIP so salaries match. Better than Gasol, by a lot.

There is no mention of Humphries in his reply. Thus I think he means Boozer (not Humphries) is better than Gasol which again given their respective seasons, injuries and fits, I think he may be right.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#51 » by LApwnd » Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:24 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
LApwnd wrote:why would he mean it that way when LA clearly has no interest in regards to these BK players/package? To me this is more in ref. to my offer of Pau for Boozer/Deng/fillers

He said:
Boozer. Great player, just overpaid, and I'd love to have shorter contracts. Maybe Brooks can turn it around. Throw in RIP so salaries match. Better than Gasol, by a lot.

There is no mention of Humphries in his reply. Thus I think he means Boozer (not Humphries) is better than Gasol which again given their respective seasons, injuries and fits, I think he may be right.

again, how do you even come up with this interpretation when there's NOBODY in this thred even offering up Pau for this package of Nets players?
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#52 » by LApwnd » Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:24 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:

He said:

again, how do you even come up with this interpretation when there's NOBODY in this thred even offering up Pau for this package of Nets players?

Return to Trades and Transactions