Poll: Where will Josh Smith land?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Where will Josh Smith play after the deadline?

Atlanta Hawks
11%
Boston Celtics
14%
Brooklyn Nets
4%
Milwaukee Bucks
20%
Philadelphia 76ers
1%
Dallas Mavericks
6%
Houston Rockets
16%
Phoenix Suns
10%
San Antonio Spurs
6%
Other
11%

Total votes: 140

Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#41 » by Golabki » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm

[quote="Troubadour"]Here's a huge blockbuster trade...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bjuxvck

Boston
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

Atlanta
Eric Bledsoe
Deandre Jordan

LAL
Rajon Rondo
Jeff Green

LAC
Kevin Garnett

Boston...
Bradley/Terry
Lee/Jenkins
Pierce
Smith/Bass
Howard/Collins

This team remains competitive while rebuilding for the future. A core of Bradley, Smith, and Howard could be quite promising going forward.

Atlanta would have to decide between Teague and Bledsoe, but this is definitely the highest value they can receive for Smith via trade.

(Teague/Bledsoe)/Williams
Harris/Stevenson
(SF from PG trade)/Korver
Horford/Johnson
Jordan/Pachulia

The Clippers have been discussing this trade for quite some time. This makes them instant contenders for the championship.

The Lakers look to the future with this trade, but write off this year in the process.

2013/2014
Rondo/Nash
Bryant/Meeks
World Peace/Clark
Green/Jamison
Gasol/Hill

This line-up would give the Lakers an identity going forward. Playing with Bryant may end up being the best thing to ever happen to Rondo.[/quote]
This all actually kind of makes sense.

If Boston has any chance to resign Howard/Smith they do it.

Bledsoe + Jordan is a great haul for Atlanta

LAL would have to consider this if they are fed up with Howard and like Rondo... they probably ask for Bass instead of Green... which isn't a deal breaker for the Celtics.

LAC gives up a lot to get KG, but this deal has been discussed, and KG certainly increases their chances of winning a title in the next 2 years.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Post#42 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:38 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:I'm thinking Dallas. Mavs have expirings and Ferry is clearing cap space. Maybe Kaman and a few of the other 11 other expirings for Smith makes sense for both. Atl is going no place and Dal has tons of dead wood plus Cuban has money.

so your theory is that Atl takes back worse expirings for their talented expiring player? Makes no sense for Atl and Dallas doesnt want to give Smith a max deal when we already have Dirk and Marion our two best players at his position.

Oh and when Dallas operated with a $90M payroll then sure Cuban's willingness to spend is a factor but when Dallas made the decision to operate under the cap then thats completely irrelevant. Adding Smith as a max player to an already talented team? Absolutely sign me up and let Cubes worry about the $$$. Giving Smith the max as a building block for the team with little around him? Good heavens no.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#43 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm hearing Boston, Phoenix and BK as the front runners.
I''m going with Phoenix
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#44 » by NekiEcko » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm going with the Suns as well, because they would give the Hawks a couple of draft picks and get a better deal with them.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#45 » by PetroNet » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 pm

I can't see him going anywhere but the Spurs. I just dont see another team that is both willing to rent him and has expirings + picks + youth to send back.

Stephen Jackson
Blair
Mills
1st

for

Smith

Jax and blair also expire, so the spurs dont really give up anything besides a really late first and mills to rent smith and making a legit title run. Since its a rental spurs dont care about his contract demands.

The hawks get expiring money, mills on cheap money, and a first which blows the Nets offer out of the water.

I cant see the suns giving him 5/94.

I cant see smith accepting 5/94 from the bucks
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#46 » by Troubadour » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 pm

"On Bucks/Josh Smith talk: Hawks' interest believed to start w/Monta Ellis, since Monta could play next to Jeff Teague, whom Hawks still like." - Marc Stein

With that in mind...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a4cjmf9

Atlanta
Monta Ellis

Milwaukee
OJ Mayo
Josh Smith

Dallas
Brandon Jennings
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#47 » by NekiEcko » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:34 pm

I dont think the Hawks want to use their cap space on Ellis, not at all.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#48 » by gaspar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Suns insider:

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620

I'll say it one more time. The Suns have no interest in Josh Smith. This is Atlanta trying to create a market for a player they want to move
x-
Analyst
And1: 133

Post#49 » by x- » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Spurs.

Jax, Splitter, 1st, Euro prospect(s).
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#50 » by franktony » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 pm

x- wrote:Spurs.

No
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#51 » by xpmar9x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:58 pm

I voted for the Suns. They've been going HARD after big name free agents, and have struck out. I could see a Zaza/JSmoove for Gortat/Wesley/1st
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#52 » by xpmar9x » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:58 pm

I voted for the Suns. They've been going HARD after big name free agents, and have struck out. I could see a Zaza/JSmoove for Gortat/Wesley/1st
x-
Analyst

Post#53 » by x- » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 pm

franktony wrote:

No

Yes!

I want it to happen!

I hate Smith for a lot of teams, but he's pretty perfect for the Spurs.

Splitter is a fine player, but he's in large part is a product of the Spurs system and Smith would give the Spurs another element they currently don't have. (And no, it's not low basketball IQ that I'm talking about.)
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#54 » by zapatasblood » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:10 pm

x- wrote:
franktony wrote:

No

Yes!

I want it to happen!

Splitter is a fine player, but he's in large part is a product of the Spurs system and Smith would give the Spurs another element they currently don't have. (And no, it's not low basketball IQ that I'm talking about.)

:lol:
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
franktony
Analyst

Post#55 » by franktony » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 pm

x- wrote:
franktony wrote:

No

Yes!

I want it to happen!

Splitter is a fine player, but he's in large part is a product of the Spurs system and Smith would give the Spurs

another element they currently don't have. (And no, it's not low basketball IQ that I'm talking about.)

You will be disappointed I am sorry :lol:

To succeed in SAS system a player needs : discipline and BBIQ. Smith doesn't provide neither.

Splitter works well for us not because our system, but because he has discipline, he works hard and he plays smart bball.

That's why guys like Splitter and Danny Green work for us and guys like Ian Mahinmi, Beno Udrih and James White do not.

The only element Smith would provide to SA is a **** contract next season if we re-sign him.

The chance of Smith in SA is ZERO. The rumor has everything to do with Ferry's connection with SA and nothing to do with SAS desire.

Pop and Buford are just helping a friend, nothing more than that.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
x-
Analyst

Post#56 » by x- » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Meh. The Spurs system really isn't that hard to pick up. It might be one of the easier systems to pick up, in fact. You just have to be disciplined and solid.

If there's one coach that could make it works it's Pop.

Still it's funny that pretty no fans of any team want Smith. :lol:
franktony
Analyst

Post#57 » by franktony » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:12 pm

x- wrote:Meh. The Spurs system really isn't that hard to pick up. It might be one of the easier systems to pick up, in fact. You just have to be disciplined and solid.

If there's one coach that could make it works it's Pop.

Still it's funny that pretty no fans of any team want Smith. :lol:

What's even funnier are Hawks fans saying that a Spurs offer should start with Leonard and Splitter

Sorry, but our GM is not Billy King.

When Billy's offer for your player is horrible (Hump+Brooks+1st), than you're screwed. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Smith stays in Atlanta tbh.
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#58 » by A BETTER DJ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 pm

lAKERS! Smith is good friend of Howard's and Mitch will probably pull off some !@#$% like Duhon, Blake, and Metta for Smith... and make Atlanta throw in a future 1st and some cash for the pleasure of dealing with the Lakers. LOL
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#59 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Beginning to think its down to Bucks and Nets from everything I'm hearing..in which case big edge Bucks.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#60 » by PetroNet » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 pm

i still think its the spurs.

Return to Trades and Transactions