Poll: Where will Josh Smith land?

Moderators: Chuck Texas, Smitty731, jazzfan1971, HartfordWhalers, moocow007, bondom34, loserX, Trader_Joe

Where will Josh Smith play after the deadline?

Atlanta Hawks
16
12%
Boston Celtics
20
14%
Brooklyn Nets
5
4%
Milwaukee Bucks
28
20%
Philadelphia 76ers
2
1%
Dallas Mavericks
8
6%
Houston Rockets
23
17%
Phoenix Suns
14
10%
San Antonio Spurs
8
6%
Other
15
11%
 
Total votes: 139

PetroNet
Banned User
Posts: 6,461
And1: 133
Joined: Feb 27, 2012

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#61 » by PetroNet » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 pm

i still think its the spurs.
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 11,606
And1: 111
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Somewhere celebrating Drummond's Pick!!!!!!!

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#62 » by vege » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 pm

I believe Milwaukee. They got the pieces and are willing to give up them.
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 11,606
And1: 111
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Somewhere celebrating Drummond's Pick!!!!!!!

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#63 » by vege » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Beginning to think its down to Bucks and Nets from everything I'm hearing..in which case big edge Bucks.


I think the Nets would be his destination but they are lacking a key piece, an expiring contract. If Humphries was an expiring I'd have no doubt Josh Smith would be a Nets tomorrow but Humphries has 1 extra year on his deal making it impossible for the Nets to make an offer imo.

Milwaukee on the other hand has expirings (Monta, Dalembert), young players (Udoh, LRMaM), productive players (Ilyasova), picks, and are reportedly very interested in Josh Smith, so I think they make the best offer and take him.

Sanders and Josh Smith would be scary.

Monta, Jennings and Smith could go out of control tho and make things ugly.
User avatar
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 24,212
And1: 1,809
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
 

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#64 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 pm

vege wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Beginning to think its down to Bucks and Nets from everything I'm hearing..in which case big edge Bucks.


I think the Nets would be his destination but they are lacking a key piece, an expiring contract. If Humphries was an expiring I'd have no doubt Josh Smith would be a Nets tomorrow but Humphries has 1 extra year on his deal making it impossible for the Nets to make an offer imo.

Milwaukee on the other hand has expirings (Monta, Dalembert), young players (Udoh, LRMaM), productive players (Ilyasova), picks, and are reportedly very interested in Josh Smith, so I think they make the best offer and take him.

Sanders and Josh Smith would be scary.

Monta, Jennings and Smith could go out of control tho and make things ugly.

Agree, thus I said big edge Bucks.

However... a couple things
1. Does Smith want to re-sign in Milwaukee with Dallas, Houston, Phoenix and other places potential options?
2. Will the Bucks be willing to meet his salary demands? Especially with Jennings and Ellis both FA's and Sanders due for a big pay day after next season?
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 17,007
And1: 2,063
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
     

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#65 » by DusterBuster » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm still sticking with the Hawks. It's not going to be for a lack of trying on Atlanta's part, but I just don't see any team giving up enough assets to make a deal worthwhile for them.

I also don't see any team that's desperate enough to give up a ton for a potential rental like there was last year with the Nets.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 11,606
And1: 111
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Somewhere celebrating Drummond's Pick!!!!!!!

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#66 » by vege » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Agree, thus I said big edge Bucks.

However... a couple things
1. Does Smith want to re-sign in Milwaukee with Dallas, Houston, Phoenix and other places potential options?
2. Will the Bucks be willing to meet his salary demands? Especially with Jennings and Ellis both FA's and Sanders due for a big pay day after next season?



1. If he really said he wants Jennings and Monta to be on the team if they trade for him you gotta believe he has plans to stay there.

2. If they are considering giving up good value for him they gotta know what he wants and gotta be willing to give him that.
PierceGarnett
Banned User
Posts: 525
And1: 13
Joined: Feb 04, 2013
Location: New York City

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#67 » by PierceGarnett » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

celtics
pad300
Pro Prospect
Posts: 886
And1: 18
Joined: Feb 16, 2005

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#68 » by pad300 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Put 2 rumours together and shake:
1) http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...dline/1932729/

If the Hawks had their way before Thursday, they would find a deal that included a young center (because they see Al Horford as a power forward), expiring contracts, desirable players on rookie contracts and/or draft picks.

2) http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... g-Fab-Melo
The Celtics are looking to move Melo in order to add backcourt depth.

SA in : Josh Smith
SA out : Sjax, Bonner, $1 million (to pay Bonner's buyout), 1 of Neal/Mills, 2013 1st
Why: Gets Smith, doesn't pay too much for a potential rental

BOS in: Mills/Neal
BOS out: Fab Melo
Why: Moves Melo for a PG

ATL out: Josh Smith
ATL in: Fab Melo, Bonner, $1 million (to pay Bonner's buyout), SJax, SA 2013 1st
Why: Get what they want for Smith: a young center, expiring contracts & a pick
uga_dawgs24
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 6,303
And1: 103
Joined: Jun 27, 2005
     

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#69 » by uga_dawgs24 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 pm

I think Atlanta was looking for a young center who could possible start. There is nothing about Melo that says he could be that.
pad300
Pro Prospect
Posts: 886
And1: 18
Joined: Feb 16, 2005

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#70 » by pad300 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:I think Atlanta was looking for a young center who could possible start. There is nothing about Melo that says he could be that.


They might look for, but they ain't getting, not for Josh "I want a max contract" Smith's expiring...
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 17,007
And1: 2,063
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
     

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#71 » by DusterBuster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:11 am

Latest reports say the Suns are offering Gortat, Dudley and a 1st for Smith. Huge overpay for a rental (or soon to be wildly overpaid player) by the Suns if it comes true.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 46,858
And1: 2,738
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#72 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 am

DusterBuster wrote:Latest reports say the Suns are offering Gortat, Dudley and a 1st for Smith. Huge overpay for a rental (or soon to be wildly overpaid player) by the Suns if it comes true.


posted 16 minutes ago by yahoo

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo

Suns are not expected to participate in any major deals, sources said.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
User avatar
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,678
And1: 241
Joined: Aug 01, 2007
   

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#73 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:29 am

Guys - Gortat + Dudley + 1st is such a massive overpay, it has to be ATL's FO trying to increase value.
Image
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 46,858
And1: 2,738
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#74 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:32 am

agreed.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 17,007
And1: 2,063
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
     

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#75 » by DusterBuster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 am

Sun Scorched wrote:Guys - Gortat + Dudley + 1st is such a massive overpay, it has to be ATL's FO trying to increase value.


I said as much.

You could be right about ATL trying to up Smith's value. Makes sense as we've all been saying the market for him could be really soft with his contract situation and wanting a full max deal this summer.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 46,858
And1: 2,738
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#76 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 am

i think the whole "he wants a max deal" comment is irrelevant. every player wants the most money he can get, whether they say it or not. only thing that matters is if someone out there is willing to offer it to him, which would have been the case public comment or not.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
User avatar
Kilo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,672
And1: 1,178
Joined: Jun 18, 2011

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#77 » by Kilo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 am

DC Wizards.
User avatar
youngthegiant
Veteran
Posts: 2,762
And1: 372
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
   

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#78 » by youngthegiant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 am

Definitely going to land in houston.
parson
General Manager
Posts: 9,551
And1: 116
Joined: May 02, 2001

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#79 » by parson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:14 am

youngthegiant wrote:Definitely going to land in houston.

Why? Not arguing, just interested. HOU traded away many of the assets they were rumored to be able to offer for Smith. All they have that's tradeable is 3 PFs (although ATL already likes it's PF situation and wants to move Horford there) and Asik.

Surely you don't think the Rockets would trade Asik for Smith, do you?
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
Warriorfan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,742
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 24, 2001

Re: Poll: Where will Josh Smith land? 

Post#80 » by Warriorfan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:13 am

Hou
Garcia Delfino T Rob and R White. For Petro Josh Smith my prediction exp deals and talented young bugs in rookie deals is a solid rebuild pkg

Return to Trades and Transactions