Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason

Moderators: loserX, Trader_Joe, bondom34, jazzfan1971, HartfordWhalers, Chuck Texas, Smitty731, moocow007

User avatar
DetroitPistons
RealGM
Posts: 10,636
And1: 847
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
Location: Michigan

Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#1 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 am

Eric Gordon for 2013 1st, 2015 1st, Stuckey (only partially guaranteed), Singler

Why for Detroit?

They get the go-to scorer they desperately need and build around the core of Knight, Gordon, Monroe, and Drummond.

Why for New Orleans?

They are looking to move Gordon and can clear a ton of space because Detroit can absorb his contract without salary having to match. They also get a guaranteed lottery pick this year as well as our 2015 pick to continue to rebuild. Stuckey is a good rotation player if they want him but can be bought out for much cheaper because his contract is only partially guaranteed. Singler is also good young prospect.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drcraigvideos
reasonablefaith.org - creationwiki.org
intelligentdesign.org - icr.org
answersingenesis.org - tektonics.org
drdino.com - evolutionfairytale.com
User avatar
vege
RealGM
Posts: 11,606
And1: 111
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Somewhere celebrating Drummond's Pick!!!!!!!

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#2 » by vege » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 am

Detroit can't trade those picks.
moses22
Senior
Posts: 543
And1: 0
Joined: Mar 13, 2009

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#3 » by moses22 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 am

The pistons seem like they have the right package to get gordon but I don't know if they're interested
User avatar
DetroitPistons
RealGM
Posts: 10,636
And1: 847
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
Location: Michigan

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#4 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 am

vege wrote:Detroit can't trade those picks.


Explain. After the lottery takes place and we officially get our lottery pick it becomes tradeable. I remember reading earlier this year that we could also trade our 2015 pick.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drcraigvideos
reasonablefaith.org - creationwiki.org
intelligentdesign.org - icr.org
answersingenesis.org - tektonics.org
drdino.com - evolutionfairytale.com
princeofpalace
RealGM
Posts: 21,787
And1: 1,484
Joined: Aug 01, 2006

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#5 » by princeofpalace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:12 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
vege wrote:Detroit can't trade those picks.


Explain. After the lottery takes place and we officially get our lottery pick it becomes tradeable. I remember reading earlier this year that we could also trade our 2015 pick.


We cannot trade a 2015 pick. The Bobcats have first dibs on the 2013-2015 pick. 2016 is the earliest we can trade our draft pick.

In any case, this is a no from NOH.
User avatar
DetroitPistons
RealGM
Posts: 10,636
And1: 847
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
Location: Michigan

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#6 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:14 am

princeofpalace wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
vege wrote:Detroit can't trade those picks.


Explain. After the lottery takes place and we officially get our lottery pick it becomes tradeable. I remember reading earlier this year that we could also trade our 2015 pick.


We cannot trade a 2015 pick. The Bobcats have first dibs on the 2013-2015 pick. 2016 is the earliest we can trade our draft pick.

In any case, this is a no from NOH.


Oh maybe it was 2016 I read instead of 2015. The 2013 lottery pick should be in play once the lottery is over though.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drcraigvideos
reasonablefaith.org - creationwiki.org
intelligentdesign.org - icr.org
answersingenesis.org - tektonics.org
drdino.com - evolutionfairytale.com
User avatar
winter_mute_13
Analyst
Posts: 3,085
And1: 340
Joined: Oct 08, 2003
 

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#7 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:03 am

Should be a yes for the Pelicans. Would think NO is losing patience with Gordon's injuries, coupled with his large contract.
User avatar
ocellatus921
Junior
Posts: 344
And1: 11
Joined: Oct 22, 2008

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#8 » by ocellatus921 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:57 am

I don't want Gordon I think he's overrated and overpaid.
Wasabi_Johnson
Veteran
Posts: 2,584
And1: 422
Joined: Jan 07, 2012

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#9 » by Wasabi_Johnson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 am

winter_mute_13 wrote:Should be a yes for the Pelicans. Would think NO is losing patience with Gordon's injuries, coupled with his large contract.

Doubt they lose ppatience in less than a season, they knew what they was getting when they signed him.
Umbra
Banned User
Posts: 516
And1: 91
Joined: Jan 27, 2013

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#10 » by Umbra » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 am

Pretty sure Gordon wants to play for Phoenix. Also, he's a bit of a headcase and his contract is atrocious. If he had diamond knees (or whatever appendage he's always injured with), then yeah sure. Bad contract and not worth the injury potential.
moses22
Senior
Posts: 543
And1: 0
Joined: Mar 13, 2009

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#11 » by moses22 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 am

Umbra wrote:Pretty sure Gordon wants to play for Phoenix. Also, he's a bit of a headcase and his contract is atrocious. If he had diamond knees (or whatever appendage he's always injured with), then yeah sure. Bad contract and not worth the injury potential.


Headcase?? Where is this from?? He's 20 games into the contract give him time
User avatar
Piston Pete
RealGM
Posts: 15,944
And1: 264
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: Way out in left field

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#12 » by Piston Pete » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:44 am

I like Gordon....but he's not worth multiple 1st rounders and Stuckey IMO.
User avatar
kurtis48239
Head Coach
Posts: 6,853
And1: 740
Joined: May 19, 2011
       

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#13 » by kurtis48239 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:45 am

I would if gordon didnt have the injury to go with that contract
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 34,549
And1: 376
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#14 » by shrink » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
vege wrote:Detroit can't trade those picks.


Explain. After the lottery takes place and we officially get our lottery pick it becomes tradeable. I remember reading earlier this year that we could also trade our 2015 pick.


You'd need to word it so that the pick would be awarded two years after the Bobcats collect their pick, to avoid the Stepian Rule. Unfortunately, if you wanted to protect that pick in the future, it'd have to be very lightly protected to have any value. Picks need to be conveyed within 7 years, and if there is a lot of waiting, that second pick may have to have language tranfering it into a 2nd. Besides the risk, the delay hurts the value of that second pick, so it's not often we see teams trade picks that far in the future.

Oh - and I'd insert the word "Eric" into the title. When I hear Gordon and DET, I think about the horror of taking back Ben.
comingbacktousa
Rookie
Posts: 1,077
And1: 116
Joined: Dec 11, 2012

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#15 » by comingbacktousa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 pm

I think at this years pick and stuckey its still good value for NO. It clears a lot of cap space plus it'll be top ten so they can add another young prospect to build the team with.

2 1st and a decent expiring is not worth it for him with his contract.
User avatar
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 24,950
And1: 1,335
Joined: Jul 14, 2002
Location: Looking not-so-happily deranged
   

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#16 » by Snakebites » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 pm

I think it represents too big a risk.

That is a lot of picks put into a guy with injury question marks, and a lot of money too. Gordon actually does represent a player that is what we need at the wings, but I just don't know if I'd be willing to take a gamble like that.
Image
Warspite
RealGM
Posts: 12,394
And1: 682
Joined: Dec 13, 2003
Location: Surprise AZ
Contact:
       

Re: Gordon to Detroit in the Offseason 

Post#17 » by Warspite » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:Eric Gordon for 2013 1st, 2015 1st, Stuckey (only partially guaranteed), Singler

Why for Detroit?

They get the go-to scorer they desperately need and build around the core of Knight, Gordon, Monroe, and Drummond.

Why for New Orleans?

They are looking to move Gordon and can clear a ton of space because Detroit can absorb his contract without salary having to match. They also get a guaranteed lottery pick this year as well as our 2015 pick to continue to rebuild. Stuckey is a good rotation player if they want him but can be bought out for much cheaper because his contract is only partially guaranteed. Singler is also good young prospect.


Isiah Thomas is that you????
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.

All time non-elite draft
Coach Tom Izzo
PG Frazier/Cheeks
SG Dumars/Hondo
SF King/
PF Love/Schrempf
C Walton/ Mel Daniels

Return to Trades and Transactions