Thad Young

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Safety Pickle
Senior
And1: 222

Re: Thad Young 

Post#21 » by Safety Pickle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:06 am

pcbothwel wrote:Wizards have Ariza (Efficient, Versatile, young, expiring). We could offer Chris Singleton as well. If you want something for the future (and you do not consider resigning Ariza/Singleton) then you could make it a 3-way...something like:

PHI IN: C. Frye, Singleton, PHX 1st (protected)
PHI Out: Thad

WAS In: Young
WAS out: Ariza, Singleton

PHX IN: Ariza
PHX out: C. Frye, Protected 1st

Why: Sixers save 1M immediately, 2.5M the next year, and 10M in 2015 while getting a future 1st. Was gets a quality piece to contend. Suns upgrade their wing dramatically while dropping a year off Frye's contract.

I can't think of a single reason we would make a trade for Ariza while including our pick, even protected. Ariza makes zero sense on a rebuilding team like PHX.

Most PHX fans don't even view Frye as a bad contract, no need to dump him and a pick to shed off 1 year of salary
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#22 » by freshie2 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:06 pm

I liked Singelton coming out of college, but he hasn't developed much so far. This probably has the most value value going in exchange for Thad, but doesn't make sense as Frye is 30, Singleton is non-dimensional, and the pick is protected...if only top 3 protected, it may make sense, but otherwise this is moving in the exact opposite direction of the rest of the Sixers' moves.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#23 » by old rem » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:38 pm

jowglenn wrote:He should have value. Good rebounding defending forward, maybe a tad overpaid but not by too much, still only 25.

True...yet....he's very much a "tweene" F...so nobody sees him as the ANSWER as a PF or as a SF...but his $ tag is rather high as a swing F off the bench. A team will pay $ for the guy they see as a "keeper" starter at whatever slot, but nobody wants to overpay when they can't quite see that kind of role.

Thad...has value...yet the 76ers will be having to take on some $ to get a payback in talent or potential...and it may be they are better off just keeping him.
CENSORED... No comment.
ngcoolman
Senior
And1: 28

Post#24 » by ngcoolman » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:04 pm

I think he will be a nice fit for MDA system. He is an athletic undersized PF who can defend PF well. If he improves his 3pt shooting, he can be the next Marion. So bad that Lakers has no asset to acquire him and also getting him will have huge impact on their 2014 offseason plan.
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#25 » by torotoe » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:26 pm

I'd like to see him on the Nuggets, but I don't see any good trade between the teams.
Thad is a good player, but he is a gimmick 4... not a stretch 4 and not a 3. That deflates his value quite a bit, as he is not a good fit in many cases.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,713

Post#26 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:11 pm

I think the most logical deal is Young to Oklahoma City for Perkins, Perry Jones III and the unprotected 2014 pick.

Philly gets a late first rounder which they can maybe use to move up (either with their own 1st, their own 2nd or the Pelicans 1st) or just to grab a promising Euro to stash or yet another prospect to go right onto their own roster. I doubt they are going to spend big on free agents until the summer of 2015 anyways, so taking on Perkins is not a huge burden.

OKC have enough depth at center now (Collison, Ibaka, Adams and Orton looks like he has a pulse) and a lineup of Ibaka-Young-Durant-Lamb/Jackson/Thabo-Westbrook basically looks unguardable. Maybe with Howard going to the Rockets they will figure Perkins has use against him, Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan and Pau if the Lakers comeback strong (hard to see him having a purpose against the Clippers).
Where's the D?
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#27 » by bigmean » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:19 pm

okc Thabo,Collison and either pleiss or perry jones III
76erFixer
Bench Warmer
And1: 17

Post#28 » by 76erFixer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:36 pm