RealGM TnT Board Top 25 Most Valuable Players - Final list

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Re: RealGM TnT Board Top 25 Most Valuable Players - Final li 

Post#21 » by Illmatic21 » Sun Feb 2, 2014 5:48 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
Knosh wrote:8 PGs in the Top 25 is just wrong. There are so many quality PGs in the league right now and it seems like you can replace a max level PG with a guy making half the money and don't lose all that much. That should affect the value of those guys...

On the other hand no centers in the Top 10 and only one SG in the entire Top 25 (two if you want to count George). Feels like scarcity of postion wasn't considered much.

I don't get LMA at all.

Agree 100%

I had a hard time voting for PGs and think SGs should have had more love. For example I think Oladipo who is having a comparable season to MCW should be at least as valuable because he is a SG that can play PG. There are so many good PGs in the NBA, while SG is.probably the weakest position. It's much easier to have a clear advantage at SG than PG.

Howard was much too low despite being the best center locked up long term.

Agreed. Take someone like Bradley Beal (who I voted for), only 20 and still on a rookie contract looking like a 2-guard with perennial All-Star potential. IMO he's at least as valuable than some of these stud point guards. Compared to PGs, how many teams have an All-Star prospect at SG on a rookie contract after this season? Lance Stephenson and Klay Thompson are up for extensions, and there's really no one else. Beal would be coveted greatly on the open market.

And Lillard over Blake Griffin is just.. bad. Even considering the contracts. Many rebuilding teams would give up their entire core for a 24-year old perennial All-Star big man like Blake who fills up arenas.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,052

RealGM TnT Board Top 25 Most Valuable Players - Final list 

Post#22 » by shrink » Mon Feb 3, 2014 4:22 am

I used to believe that position-specificity was very important, but to me, such a big chunk of trade value comes from whether they are stars off the court.

Also counting against position specificity is the rules for determining trade value being based on the highest bid they would get from the 29 teams. 27 teams may want a SG like Beal, and only 15 teams may want Tony Parker, but Parker might get bigger bids because a couple teams would fight over who him with high bids.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Post#23 » by j_angel » Mon Feb 3, 2014 6:41 pm

Surely a guy like Rondo has more value than MCW? Thats my opinion anyway. I dont think MCW has much value now, he is putting up good numbers on a poor team. He could be the next Jennings or Tyreke.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#24 » by RiotPunch » Tue Feb 4, 2014 7:37 pm

Giannis Antetekounmpo will be on this list in no-time. Good stuff though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
nyc6
Bench Warmer
And1: 83

Post#25 » by nyc6 » Tue Feb 4, 2014 8:37 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Blake Griffin 14 was absurd. (And it was when it got voted that way, as I said then.)

I agree it's an absolute joke

I'm a blake hater (hate his flopping, espn, that rigged dunk contest, etc.) but even I can't deny he belongs around #6.

Is he #14 because of the hate or his contract? Kevin love (#6) gets paid a lot too
(6/29/2010)
RealGM.com where all players and coaches are scrubs except lebron and pop

(6/29/2013)
Pop and Lebron are officially scrubs due to questionable rotations and passive play in crunch time
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#26 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Feb 5, 2014 5:45 am

Sad list for Wolves fans. With very little should of could of, 3 from that list should be on their roster: Curry, Cousins, Love. With Rubio ta-boot.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#27 » by Boarder Patrol » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:38 am

Surprised to see Kyrie there, wish he wasn't truthfully. Great list overall though,
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,052

Post#28 » by shrink » Thu Feb 6, 2014 12:17 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:Surprised to see Kyrie there, wish he wasn't truthfully. Great list overall though,

I think he was #3 in the last one.

That shows me that we over-value youth and upside in the voting.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,080

Post#29 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:38 am

Who was it that started this at the beginning then said he was quitting when no one voted his way?
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,626

Post#30 » by arbsn » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:27 am

Lillard is too high and MCW does not belong on the list
comingbacktousa
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#31 » by comingbacktousa » Sun Mar 2, 2014 8:30 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
I had a hard time voting for PGs and think SGs should have had more love. For example I think Oladipo who is having a comparable season to MCW should be at least as valuable because he is a SG that can play PG.

Too be fair I'm pretty confident MCW could play SG if needed.

I think Leonard has more value than Oladipo(MCW too for that matter). I'm not sure any of the 3 really deserved to be on the list.

Maybe on D MCW could play SG (hes awfully skinny tho) but offensively he's a PG for sure who shoots 40/30%. How effective you he be without the ball?

Oladipo shots 41/31. Not really much better. MCW at this point is a better player at this point and should be higher than Oladipo but neither deserve to be on this list.

I'd probably also go with Batum before another shooting guard. I don't think he even got nominated but hes been playing extremely well 59 ts% to go along with 5+ assist and 6+ boards.

Return to Trades and Transactions