GS/OKC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,061

GS/OKC 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 7, 2014 11:35 pm

Warriors get Serge Ibaka, Jeremy Lamb, 2014 OKC pick, and 2014 Dallas pick

Thunder get David Lee and Klay Thompson

Why for GS? Improve defense and add picks, fine young SG

Why for OKC? Interior scoring and upgrade at the two
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: GS/OKC 

Post#2 » by loserX » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:05 am

OKC knows they need Ibaka's defence more than Lee's scoring. The upgrade to Klay is nice but not worth it.
timlin500
Starter
And1: 124

Post#3 » by timlin500 » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:14 am

Laimbeer wrote:Warriors get Serge Ibaka, Jeremy Lamb, 2014 OKC pick, and 2014 Dallas pick

Improve defense? Warriors are 4th in Defensive Rating and only 12th on offense. They need to imrpove on offense.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#4 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:14 am

Hmm, haven't seen anything like this one before. I'd take this as a Warriors fan. I suspect that the price may be too steep for OKC, but not ridiculously bad.

Durant gets serious offensive help here, but definitely gives up defense. A front court of Bogut and Ibaka is scary on D. Lamb could fill some of Klays minutes, and the picks even if they may be low end, would be nice as we traded 137 picks Iguodala.

I like, I accept, fax the papers.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#5 » by Warriorfan » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:18 am

I really like Ibaka but I consider Thompson 3rd best SG and he works well as a two way guy with Curry.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#6 » by lakerhater » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:26 am

timlin500 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:Warriors get Serge Ibaka, Jeremy Lamb, 2014 OKC pick, and 2014 Dallas pick

Improve defense? Warriors are 4th in Defensive Rating and only 12th on offense. They need to imrpove on offense.

+1 Defense isn't really a problem for GSW.

Also, OKC wouldn't do this deal, Ibaka is too important to them because of his shot blocking and the Thunder would have to view Lee's value not only in regards to his contract but also in regards to his body failing him at the end of the last two seasons.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#7 » by old rem » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:43 am

timlin500 wrote:

Which... this fails at. GSW only has 3 real scorers and they lose 2 of them. They probably Gain D at PF...lose D at SG.. lose scoring and 3 pt shooting overall. The picks...while of some use..are not enough.

That OKC may not like it either... means that tweaking it to work..is unlikely. For GSW... the Curry-Klay combo makes it hard to cover them both on the perimeter. Lee gives them an Inside scorer (and rebounder) which..Ibaka can somewhat replace... but.. Lamb fails to replace Klay.. Meanwhile.. for OKC, Ibaka's D is important. Soon...Perkins is gone so.. minus Ibaka.. the front 3 lack a defennseive core even if the gards play great D.
CENSORED... No comment.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#8 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Apr 8, 2014 2:35 am

I wouldn't touch this deal for the warriors. Klays value isn't either enough here or ppl. Are still treating Lee as too much of a negative. Lamb and late 1st aren't worth that much

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
koolcrud
Senior
And1: 398

Post#9 » by koolcrud » Tue Apr 8, 2014 6:13 am

No from OKC, Ibaka is tremendously efficient in the shots he gets, the fact that Lee can score on greater usage is unnecessary when you have Durant and Westbrook. Ibaka's defensive impact is more valuable. The 2 guard upgrade would be nice, but isn't worth the blow to the team's composition, or its future talent and flexibility with Lamb and the picks.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#10 » by NaturalBuns » Tue Apr 8, 2014 6:46 am

This is a good deal for the thunder.

They would have the jump shooting and post presence .
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#11 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:40 pm

I don't like the trade from the Warriors' standpoint, because of Klay. His game has taken on another level over the past couple of months and in the near future, he becomes the best player in this trade. I love Ibaka, but offense is where the Warriors need help.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,077

Post#12 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:46 pm

No from okc. Ibaka is needed. Lee is not. We'll find another way to upgrade SG.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#13 » by gswhoops » Tue Apr 8, 2014 12:47 pm

First of all, props for a truly original idea.

I am really torn on this as a Warriors fan. Ibaka is one of my favorite non-Warriors players, and a Bogut/Ibaka frontcourt would be devistating on defense. That being said, Klay has really taken it up a notch recently and we need help on offense more than defense. I can't decide.
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#14 » by Golden Angel » Tue Apr 8, 2014 10:35 pm

Curry/Blake
Igoudala/Lamb
Barnes/Green
Ibaka/Speight
Bogut/O'neal

Sexy can I? :P
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#15 » by Rob Rowell » Tue Apr 8, 2014 10:50 pm

Value is right but it does not make sense for OKC at all. They have plenty of offense they need a mobile defensive center and another 2 way perimeter defender.
GSW counter with
Lee,Eziel,Barnes and a 1st for Ibaka,filler
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#16 » by whocurrz » Wed Apr 9, 2014 12:26 am

timlin500 wrote:

The million dollar question is if this is a result of coaching or lack of offensive talent. Ibaka's outside shot could open up the offense more but losing Klay would hurt the offense as defenses actually gameplane against Klay and wouldn't have to against Lamb until he takes that next step. Plus I don't know how Lamb's defense is but unless he's better than Klay we would be getting worse on perimeter defense.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#17 » by old rem » Wed Apr 9, 2014 12:51 am

Rob Rowell wrote:Value is right but it does not make sense for OKC at all. They have plenty of offense they need a mobile defensive center and another 2 way perimeter defender.
GSW counter with
Lee,Eziel,Barnes and a 1st for Ibaka,filler

:crazy: :crazy: ... While GSW might like Lee for Ibaka.. they will not add Barnes, Festus and some #1 pick that they don'teven have to trade. GSW has TWO guys who score about 8-9 PPG... but play nice D... SOMEONEE has to SCORE because... the team that scores MORE... ALWAYS WINS. Okay... I'll get bashed as all about PPG chucking...but it's TRUE. If you can't score...you LOSE.

At the moment... Barnes and Ezeli may not seem to matter.. but this is not THE moment for GSW. Dorget the phantom pick....not happening.

Meanwhile....OKC is good and likely..would not care to rock the boat. GSW...meanwhile has some expectation that Barnes + Festus are important in the future...and meanwhile..Lee does well.
CENSORED... No comment.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#18 » by Boarder Patrol » Wed Apr 9, 2014 4:05 am

For OKC, I wouldn't downgrade from Ibaka to Lee even if I can upgrade Lamb to Thompson. Especially if I'm throwing in 1sts (and Presti LOVES his picks).

Return to Trades and Transactions