Pick trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Pick trade 

Post#1 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 am

How high of a pick can you get with #19 + #49 + $3 Million cash ?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,480

Re: Pick trade 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:24 am

14-15? Tops.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#3 » by Foshan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:29 am

HotrodBeaubois wrote:How high of a pick can you get with #19 + #49 + $3 Million cash ?

I could be totally off-base, but i think the absolute highest that takes you is #15... and I think that is even a stretch. People are going to be super high on the top 8, then i think you have a few guys who go 9-14 who have a slightly higher ceiling than what you're going to get the rest of the way.

Again, I could be totally off, just my opinion.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:36 am

Nope, I'd agree, around 15. Maybe 14, as its basically a few mil and a late second.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#5 » by slicedbread2 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:37 am

You are only going to move up a couple of spots at the most say 16.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,777

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:58 pm

That pick is going to be in the low 20s and OKC will be making it so its moot.

And yeah it doesnt get you very high. We do have the rights to the Boston 2nd which will be at the top of the 2nd round which would add some value, but Im assuming you hope to hang on to it.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#7 » by Knosh » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:That pick is going to be in the low 20s and OKC will be making it so its moot.

And yeah it doesnt get you very high. We do have the rights to the Boston 2nd which will be at the top of the 2nd round which would add some value, but Im assuming you hope to hang on to it.

Both Chicago and Toronto can still make it to 50 wins and all of their remaining games are definitely winable:
Toronto: Knicks x 2, Detroit, Bucks
Chicago: Detroit, Knicks, Orlando, Charlotte

Even if Dallas wins both their remaining games ,finishing ahead of Memphis and Phoenix, they would have 50 wins as well and still could get #20 and keep it.
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Don't kill my buzz man. I want rid of that pick.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Kill the buzz. Dallas NEEDS that pick.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#10 » by Knosh » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:46 pm

bondom34 wrote:Kill the buzz. Dallas NEEDS that pick.

I think Hotrod is actually rooting for making the playoffs and keeping the pick. And then next year giving you #29 or something. :)

I would rather get it out of the way now, to not have that risk to give you the unprotected one anymore and be able to trade future picks again right away while Dirk is still around.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Knosh wrote:

I think Hotrod is actually rooting for making the playoffs and keeping the pick. And then next year giving you #29 or something. :)

I would rather get it out of the way now, to not have that risk to give you the unprotected one anymore and be able to trade future picks again right away while Dirk is still around.

Yeah, could go either way, I'd rather you keep it a few years and it lotto :D !
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran

Post#12 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:That pick is going to be in the low 20s and OKC will be making it so its moot.

The chances that OKC gets to keep the pick are very slim .. Toronto and Chicago both most likely pass Dallas they both have really easy remaining schedules . So if they pass Dallas even if Dallas gets the 7th seed the pick would be #20 .

Its also possible that Memphis / Dallas / Phoenix all end up tied with Dallas getting 7th seed and Memphis getting 8th due to tiebreakers . Then Dallas and Memphis go into a random drawing for who picks 19 and 20
Texas Chuck

Post#13 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Im not sure I'd go so far as to say very slim. I don't care what your schedule is, winning 4 straight is tough. Especially if they are locked into seedings and are resting guys for the playoffs.

If Dallas takes care of business and beats Memphis and Phoenix(by no means a lock) then I feel safe in saying that OKC will be making the pick.
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran

Post#14 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Don't kill my buzz man. I want rid of that pick.

Sorry to kill your buzz because its probably not happening this year . Which is fine and that's why I want Dallas to move up grab a decent player at 15-16 and another one at 33-34 to go with their $30 Million in cap space .

Trade Mekel and Ellington and the players you drafted are probably better than either one . Sign a starting Small Forward to take over for a aging Marion . Sign a Starting Center to play ahead of a aging Dalembert . Now you have your 3rd Center Wright instead of James ..

I know you are one that thinks we need to get rid of the pick so we can make trades . Well one thing I don't see the Mavs getting much for our future picks . And I also think we can build a good team with our cap space and picks . The cap space replacing 2 starters and the picks improving a already excellent bench
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran

Post#15 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Knosh wrote:

Actually #30 next year
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran

Post#16 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Im not sure I'd go so far as to say very slim. I don't care what your schedule is, winning 4 straight is tough. Especially if they are locked into seedings and are resting guys for the playoffs.

If Dallas takes care of business and beats Memphis and Phoenix(by no means a lock) then I feel safe in saying that OKC will be making the pick.

Dallas just won 4 straight against tougher competition than Chicago or Toronto both face .. I also don't see the Mavs beating both Phoenix and Memphis . They only need 1 win so say the beat Phoenix I don't see Dallas going into a absolute dogfight on the road @ Memphis to win that game . Besides if Dallas beats Phoenix its possible they can lose the Memphis game and still get 7th . So if the Mavs go 1-1 Chicago / Toronto go 4-0 we keep the pick . Even if Chicago / Toronto go 3-1 then we go into a drawing possibly with us tied with Memphis to see who gets 19/20/21/22 ..
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran

Post#17 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Im not sure I'd go so far as to say very slim. I don't care what your schedule is, winning 4 straight is tough. Especially if they are locked into seedings and are resting guys for the playoffs.

Toronto and Chicago are tied for 3rd so they are fighting to see who gets 3rd and 4th so I don't see them resting players
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#18 » by djthesonicsfan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Ya, whether or not the Dallas pick is sent to the notSonics this June is a super interesting situation with long term implications. Does anyone know for sure how ties are resolved with regard to the draft? For example, a number of teams, Dallas included, could finish with 33 losses... wouldn't it be a coin flip for those teams who are in the playoffs? If so, I could see a realistic scenario where the Dallas pick is decided by a coin flip.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran

Post#19 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:23 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:Ya, whether or not the Dallas pick is sent to the notSonics this June is a super interesting situation with long term implications. Does anyone know for sure how ties are resolved with regard to the draft? For example, a number of teams, Dallas included, could finish with 33 losses... wouldn't it be a coin flip for those teams who are in the playoffs? If so, I could see a realistic scenario where the Dallas pick is decided by a coin flip.

Random drawing / Coin flip

Say Dallas / Phoenix / Memphis / Toronto / Chicago all end up with 49 wins .

Dallas gets the 7th seed
Memphis 8th seed

Then there will be a drawing between those 4 teams minus Phoenix for where you pick 19 / 20 / 21 / 22
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran

Post#20 » by HotrodBeaubois » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:25 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:Ya, whether or not the Dallas pick is sent to the notSonics this June is a super interesting situation with long term implications. Does anyone know for sure how ties are resolved with regard to the draft? For example, a number of teams, Dallas included, could finish with 33 losses... wouldn't it be a coin flip for those teams who are in the playoffs? If so, I could see a realistic scenario where the Dallas pick is decided by a coin flip.

Curious who do you want the Notsonics to pick at 22 if that's where it lands ?

Return to Trades and Transactions