Minny 2x.... Love to GS (with CLE)...Pekovic to ATL (w/ORL)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: Minny 2x.... Love to GS (with CLE)...Pekovic to ATL (w/O 

Post#21 » by lakerhater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Narf wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:You could send Brewer to GS to help be that backup 2 behind Igoudala although I'm sure the Dubs would keep looking for a better guy. They'd be monsters on defense although the offense may have a somewhat tough time clicking and I could see Love opting in to his deal next year before signing an extension to see how well the Warriors can do with him.

For all fans involved, I think you can't go wrong with this although I'm not so sure why Cleveland would be interested in Martin. Otherwise can't top this.

That's a deal breaker for GSW. If Love doesn't have a signed contract extension in place then Klay Thompson has to be taken out of the deal and replaced with lesser part(s).

GSW are not the ones to say no.

Love > Irving.
People think Irving = top 3 pick.
But hey, if we had the top 3 pick we just wouldn't trade for Love.

This board has some really stupid logic sometimes.

The Lakers would trade the #1 pick for Love in a heartbeat.

GSW would trade Klay for him without a second thought.

Love is too damn good not to go for him.

Minnesota is the one to say no.

No they wouldn't. If Love doesn't have an extension in place there's no deal to be had that includes Thompson. Change it to Barnes and you probably have a deal though.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#22 » by slicedbread2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 pm

lakerhater wrote:
Narf wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
That's a deal breaker for GSW. If Love doesn't have a signed contract extension in place then Klay Thompson has to be taken out of the deal and replaced with lesser part(s).

Love > Irving.

This board has some really stupid logic sometimes.

No they wouldn't. If Love doesn't have an extension in place there's no deal to be had that includes Thompson. Change it to Barnes and you probably have a deal though.

I think the huge onus is on Love and where he wants to play at. Golden State seems like a great team to go to plus it's in the bay area which provides big market for him. The only problems that could occur is if it falls apart. Plus he may play the wait and see approach as to who'd offer the best fit for him so it could be a tough decision to make.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#23 » by Narf » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 pm

lakerhater wrote:No they wouldn't. If Love doesn't have an extension in place there's no deal to be had that includes Thompson. Change it to Barnes and you probably have a deal though.

Love is worth Curry
Not Thompson
And sure as hell not that scrub Barnes.

You need Thompson + Value to equal Love under any circumstance.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#24 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Narf wrote:
lakerhater wrote:No they wouldn't. If Love doesn't have an extension in place there's no deal to be had that includes Thompson. Change it to Barnes and you probably have a deal though.

Love is worth Curry
Not Thompson

No, not without a contract extention he's not. What's so hard to understand about that?
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#25 » by BossHoggin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Cut the Cavs out
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#26 » by loserX » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Kyrie/Kevin Martin/David Lee? Mike Brown probably has an aneurysm trying to teach that team some defense.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Narf » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Coxy wrote:
Narf wrote:
Love is worth Curry
Not Thompson

No, not without a contract extention he's not. What's so hard to understand about that?

If someone was offering garbage for Curry, Rose pre injury, or any other super star because he wasn't signed to an extension, I'd think they had no clue what they were talking about.
What's so hard to understand about that?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#28 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 am

Narf wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Narf wrote:Love is worth Curry
Not Thompson

If someone was offering garbage for Curry, Rose pre injury, or any other super star because he wasn't signed to an extension, I'd think they had no clue what they were talking about.

Huh? The deal proposed isn't garbage. This deal is centered around Love moving on from Sota. If he's not signed to an extension and he wont sign with the Wolves, then the deal proposed wouldn't be offered as teams will wait to sign him outright in FA. The Wolves will still have a little leverage but they won't be able to command a kings ransom.

I'm not sure you really get it.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Narf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:24 am

Coxy wrote:Huh? The deal proposed isn't garbage. This deal is centered around Love moving on from Sota. If he's not signed to an extension and he wont sign with the Wolves, then the deal proposed wouldn't be offered as teams will wait to sign him outright in FA. The Wolves will still have a little leverage but they won't be able to command a kings ransom.

I'm not sure you really get it.
Here, I'll make it big and red for you.

Narf wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:You could send Brewer to GS to help be that backup 2 behind Igoudala although I'm sure the Dubs would keep looking for a better guy. They'd be monsters on defense although the offense may have a somewhat tough time clicking and I could see Love opting in to his deal next year before signing an extension to see how well the Warriors can do with him.

For all fans involved, I think you can't go wrong with this although I'm not so sure why Cleveland would be interested in Martin. Otherwise can't top this.

Love > Irving.

This board has some really fun logic sometimes.

Narf wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Not Thompson

We're not talking about the original deal. We're talking about taking out Klay and putting in Barnes, which is absolutely garbage for Kevin Love. Lee isn't worth his contract and Barnes is not a quality prospect at this point. Cleveland wouldn't trade you raw cap space for that crap. Lee/Barnes make about $19 mil a year over 2 years. They are collectively a negative value.

You probably shouldn't say things like "What's so hard to understand about that?" and then suggest Lee and Barnes = Kevin Love. Unless you're being satirical of course, in which case it's very appropriate.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#30 » by lakerhater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 am

Narf wrote:

Love is worth Curry
Not Thompson

And GSW only has interest in dealing for Love on their terms which means sending out Thompson while getting a non-committal Love isn't an option the W's would remotely consider.

Also, I'd add it's easy to say "Love is worth Curry" but that's just not true when you consider the bargain contract the Warriors have Curry signed to.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Narf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:56 am

lakerhater wrote:
Narf wrote:

Love is worth Curry
Not Thompson

And GSW only has interest in dealing for Love on their terms which means sending out Thompson while getting a non-committal Love isn't an option the W's would remotely consider.

Also, I'd add it's easy to say "Love is worth Curry" but that's just not true when you consider the bargain contract the Warriors have Curry signed to.
No really
Lee and Barnes is a garbage offer for Kevin Love.

Klay is a free agent in 1 year just like Love. So he's going to be paid market value (or more) even if you keep him.
Thompson, Lee, and value is what you're going to have to give for Love even if Love isn't signed.
Thompson/Lee make $18+ million year 1, then likely $26+ million year 2 when Klay signs his next contract.

There's no value there for a team giving away it's superstar. Minnesota does not improve, and is better off letting Love walk and overpaying Klay by himself in a year.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#32 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:59 am

righterwriter wrote:The Warriors go all-in on Kevin Love and hope his 1-2 superstar offensive punch with Curry is enough to get them into the elite class of the WC. Losing Thompson hurts, but he's due for a large extension and Iguodala can slide down, giving more minutes to Barnes/D.Green at SF. Jack is a welcomed returner to provide leadership and lead the 2nd unit.

Every team gets better IMO. Some teams more than others, but it's because some team have more leverage. It will never happen, but it should (if Love really want to leave).
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#33 » by lakerhater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:01 am

Narf wrote:
lakerhater wrote:
Not Thompson

No really
Lee and Barnes is a garbage offer for Kevin Love.
Lee is a free agent in 1 year just like Love. So he's going to be paid market value.
That's a garbage offer for cap space.

Thompson, Lee, and value is what you're going to have to give for Love even if Love isn't signed.
Thompson/Lee $18+ million year 1, then likely $26+ million year 2.

There's no value there for a team giving away it's superstar.

We'll all just have to wait and see how much leverage Minny has in the Kevin Love sweepstakes. Clearly you think the TWolves will be in a position to demand their desired price for KL. I don't think they'll get what they want for him and they'll end up settling for a less then desirable package as far as the average Minny fan is concerned.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Narf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 am

lakerhater wrote:We'll all just have to wait and see how much leverage Minny has in the Kevin Love sweepstakes. Clearly you think the TWolves will be in a position to demand their desired price for KL. I don't think they'll get what they want for him and they'll end up settling for a less then desirable package as far as the average Minny fan is concerned.

No, we don't have to wait and see.

Barnes and Lee is worse than cap space.
You managed to offer negative value for a top 5 player in the league, and convince yourself it's a good offer.
We don't need to wait and see that that's a bad offer. Minnesota would rather let Love walk then pay more money to be worse.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#35 » by lakerhater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:14 am

Narf wrote:
lakerhater wrote:We'll all just have to wait and see how much leverage Minny has in the Kevin Love sweepstakes. Clearly you think the TWolves will be in a position to demand their desired price for KL. I don't think they'll get what they want for him and they'll end up settling for a less then desirable package as far as the average Minny fan is concerned.

No, we don't have to wait and see.

Barnes and Lee is worse than cap space.
You managed to offer negative value for a top 5 player in the league, and convince yourself it's a good offer.
We don't need to wait and see that that's a bad offer. Minnesota would rather let Love walk then pay more money to be worse.

We're not that far off in our stances. I agree that Minny likely wouldn't do such a deal and would rather just let Love walk then do that deal. Please remember though that I'm a GSW partisan and I just don't see the team dealing for Love without that contract extension in hand.

I'm not suggesting Minny should take GSW's lowball offer I'm just saying don't expect the W's to offer up what you'd want for Love without that contract extension.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Narf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 am

And by the way, if Minnesota trades Love they won't be "demanding a price". It'll be an auction.
You have to outbid 28 other teams.

And, as I pointed out, Klay is going to resign for an awful lot of money. You are vastly overvaluing him right now. If he wants to, he's going to get a Batum type offer, making you match an overpaid contract to keep him.

Batum's great, but he's overpaid. Klay will be too. I think RFAs actually get more money when they go that route than normal free agents, because a team has to make the other team not want to sign that contract.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#37 » by lakerhater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:19 am

Narf wrote:And by the way, if Minnesota trades Love they won't be "demanding a price". It'll be an auction.

Wrong. GSW would only have to outbid the teams Love would realistically sign a long term deal with.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#38 » by DLeagueAllStars » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:07 am

I will be the first one to say it. Love will be over payed on his next contract. Too much money for someone who doesn't play D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#39 » by righterwriter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 am

lakerhater wrote:
Narf wrote:And by the way, if Minnesota trades Love they won't be "demanding a price". It'll be an auction.

Wrong. GSW would only have to outbid the teams Love would realistically sign a long term deal with.

This is correct. You won't see the bottom rung teams or even teams in locations that Love wouldn't want to stay at give up a great package for him.

I think its a bit of a prerequisite that Love agrees to sign an extension to the team he's traded to, or else his value will go down tremendously.

The teams I could see Love wanting to go to:

Lakers-- Clearly he'd love to be back in LA, but the team doesn't have the assets to get him, financially or talent-wise. So no trade there.

Suns- Makes sense, but I don't think the Suns have enough to give up at the positions that the Wolves need talent back at (PF, SF, SG).

Blazers- Maybe something there around Aldridge for Love? But is Aldridge a guy that would accept going from a #5 seed to a team on the outside of the playoffs looking in. I don't think he'd take to it well.

Heat- Pipe dream. Although if Bosh opts out...

Knicks- Team is a mess. I don't think Love wants to be a part of that.

Nets- Not enough to send back.

Spurs- Not enough to send back, unless the Wolves are in love with Kawhi and Splitter.

OKC- not likely a targeted locale for a guy who spent years in the winters of Minnesota.

Chicago- Maybe, just because they are so good, but is Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler enough for Love? Nah.

Indiana- Not the right pieces to send back.

Houston-- but what would they give to Minnesota? Are Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones, and Asik enough for the Wolves? I don't think so.

Warriors-- young pieces at positions of need for the Wolves and an 18/10 PF in Lee. Makes sense to me, particularly if Lee can be moved for a younger PF (as suggested in the original trade). I think the Wolves could do a lot worse than a 20ppg SG that is a top-5 shooter and who defends three positions, as well as a young PF like Tristan Thompson who can run the floor with Rubio and grab 10 boards per game.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#40 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:29 am

Narf wrote:You probably shouldn't say things like "What's so hard to understand about that?" and then suggest Lee and Barnes = Kevin Love. Unless you're being satirical of course, in which case it's very appropriate.

I never said Barnes and Lee = Love. But unsigned, that's what the offer would be. If Love wants to sign with GS and Minny don't like that offer, then fine, we wait for Love to sign outright with us and we manouvre to make that happen.

IF Love agree's to a contract extention with us, then that makes the deal significantly different as Loves full value comes into effect.

No team is offering up huge assets for a player that has not committed long term to them. It's GM suicide if said player walks after sending out major assets to capture him.

Return to Trades and Transactions