Kevin Love to ATL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

rein08
Senior
And1: 18

Kevin Love to ATL 

Post#1 » by rein08 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:58 pm

http://www1.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6443245

3 team trade (Atlanta, Minnesota, Houston)

Atlanta gets Love and Mbah a Moute from Minnesota, Motiejunas from Houston
Hawks sends Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll to Minnesota, Lou Williams and Mike Muscala to Houston

Houston gets Williams and Muscala from Atlanta, Barea from Minnesota
Rockets sends Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin to Minnesota, Donatas Motiejunas to Atlanta

Minnesota gets Millsap and Carroll from Atlanta, Asik and Lin from Houston
TWolves sends Kevin Love and Luc Mbah a Moute to Atlanta, JJ Barea to Houston

Picks and cash could be added but this^ is the main structure to bring in Love to Atlanta.

Houston maintains cap flexibility, in my opinion, to still be major free agency players this summer or in 2015
Atlanta gets to pair Love with Horford to from a deadly inside-outside combo upfront.
Minnesota gets back what I personally think is enough return for Kevin Love. Millsap, Asik, and Pekovic is still a solid front-court rotation. If Asik doesn't pan out or doesn't mix well with Pek at the 5, at least Asik's expiring deal is an attractive trade piece
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Re: Kevin Love to ATL 

Post#2 » by MNRunLeft » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Considering the fact that Milsap and Asik are both FA's and its unlikely they can afford to keep both with Pek under contract long term the Wolves would be far better off hoping they can convince Love to resign. Much rather risk Love walking than do this deal. If Love does walk the Wolves could target Milsap as a FA next offseason.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#3 » by skones » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Atlanta isn't getting Love for what they're giving up here. I think there are much better returns out there than what Minnesota is receiving. Trading a franchise cornerstone like this puts them on the treadmill.
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Post#4 » by MNRunLeft » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 pm

OP's offer is the equivelent of the Wolves offering ATL Pek and 13 for Horford.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#5 » by BossHoggin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:07 pm

OP is just trolling
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.

Return to Trades and Transactions