BOS/DEN/DET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Zaschrona
Sixth Man
And1: 1,324

BOS/DEN/DET 

Post#1 » by Zaschrona » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:50 pm

I have an idea for a trade which may have some potential - basically three bad contracts changing their teams. What do you guys think about this?

Boston gets:
JaVale McGee

Denver gets:
Josh Smith

Detroit gets:
Gerald Wallace
18th pick from Boston

Three bad contracts changing teams - all teams should benefit from this. Who says no and why?
Zaschrona
Sixth Man

Re: BOS/DEN/DET 

Post#2 » by Zaschrona » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Or a potential change: Wallace stays in Boston, Boston trades McGee in thankfully to Pierce's TPE, Boston gets some pick/s from Detroit.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#3 » by old rem » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:12 pm

McGee has some value..if healthy. J Smith has value if used at PF. Wallace? He seems finished ..has gone from real good to just a bad contract. That pick barely offsets getting stuck with his deal. Boston..I think needs to add..though not a lot. The deal does have potential.
CENSORED... No comment.
Zaschrona
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by Zaschrona » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Well, Detroit can send a pick or two plus/or a player to Boston, if they don't like Wallace, we can take on McGee's contract thankfully to Pierce's TPE or we have 7.8M available in players with unguaranteed contracts (Bogans, Pressey, Johnson, Babb) who can be waived in any time in summer and could allow to make a deal happen.

I guess 2015 Clippers/Philly pick would be available for this, as well Brandon Bass, Jerryd Bayless/Kris Humphries for a sign-and-trade, plus we can likely take on another contract as well. Any idea what would be a fair deal on the basics of this deal, guys?
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,040

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Zaschrona wrote:Well, Detroit can send a pick or two plus/or a player to Boston, if they don't like Wallace, we can take on McGee's contract thankfully to Pierce's TPE or we have 7.8M available in players with unguaranteed contracts (Bogans, Pressey, Johnson, Babb) who can be waived in any time in summer and could allow to make a deal happen.

I guess 2015 Clippers/Philly pick would be available for this, as well Brandon Bass, Jerryd Bayless/Kris Humphries for a sign-and-trade, plus we can likely take on another contract as well. Any idea what would be a fair deal on the basics of this deal, guys?

Can you spell out you alternative trade in exact terms for Detroit?
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#6 » by Warspite » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Zaschrona wrote:I have an idea for a trade which may have some potential - basically three bad contracts changing their teams. What do you guys think about this?

Boston gets:
JaVale McGee

Denver gets:
Josh Smith

Detroit gets:
Gerald Wallace
18th pick from Boston

Three bad contracts changing teams - all teams should benefit from this. Who says no and why?

For Detroit we would want at min a pick swap and try for pick swap and 18.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,989

Post#7 » by cl2117 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Warspite wrote:
Zaschrona wrote:I have an idea for a trade which may have some potential - basically three bad contracts changing their teams. What do you guys think about this?

Boston gets:
JaVale McGee

Denver gets:
Josh Smith

Detroit gets:
Gerald Wallace
18th pick from Boston

For Detroit we would want at min a pick swap and try for pick swap and 18.

Pick swap from 8 to 4? I don't think the Celtics would consider a pick swap unless they are picking at 5 or above.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Post#8 » by Notanoob » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 pm

I don't know if Denver does this. Don't they want post-up bigs? Also, don't they really need some long-term flexibility, since they have nearly everyone on their roster locked up for at least two more years? I know that their cap situation is horrible, so I'd expect them to move McGee for cheaper players or picks, not another long-term contract.

Also, I don't think that it would be a good idea to trade McGee now, since his value is likely low due to his injury. If someone is willing to pay full price and gamble that he's healthy, then go ahead and deal him I guess, but I don't know if they'll get everything they can for him.

As a Pistons fan I'm happy to move on from Smith, but I kind of hoped for a little bit more than Wallace and a low pick for him. Perhaps we could send an expiring contract out to clear some more cap space immediately to upgrade the team? Or get a future second round pick? I wouldn't ask for Green since Boston would then have no SFs on their roster, but I want a bit more value. A pick swap is a bit unnecessary, though, although I'm not particularly high on the guys after the top 3, so moving up wouldn't mean much to me.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#9 » by Smitty731 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Please god no. Any real fan doesn't want any part of McGee. He's no longer a tantalizing young player with potential. This was his 6th year. The guy is what he is. He's not going to magically learn how to play. He is athletic, blocks shots and runs the floor. He has no clue on offense or defense. He still chases blocks while leaving his man wide open for easy put backs or dunks of passes. At most, he is a 10-15 athletic guy off the bench for a decent team. In my opinion, he is easily one of the worst contracts in the league. And yes, I considered that you could dump Gerald Wallace. I'd rather keep Wallace and ride that out. At least he provides some veteran influence.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,040

Post#10 » by Laimbeer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 am

I believe Detroit can get expirings or close to it for Smith. Wallace is dead weight. I wouldn't take that much contract for the #18.

Return to Trades and Transactions