Cha/Det

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Cha/Det 

Post#1 » by GoBobs » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Cha out: Port 1st round pick (24 overall), 2015 Det first round pick (top 2 protected)

Det out: 2014 1st round pick (8 overall)

Why for Det: They don't have to worry about the timing of there teams development in terms of an owed pick anymore. They still get a pick in this years draft.

Why for Cha: The 2015 Det pick will likely be in the 10-15 range. They hedge there bets by trading up to 8 this year.

This trade could be done after the draft if Det gets number 8 overall. Obviously if Det gets one of the top picks they would no longer want to do the trade. If they get bumped back to 9 and Cha gets the pick anyway they would keep 24. Both teams could hedge there bets by doing the deal before the lottery in which case Det would simply remove the protections on the pick and Cha would hand over the number 24 pick from Port.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Re: Cha/Det 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:09 pm

GoBobs wrote:Cha out: Port 1st round pick (24 overall), 2015 Det first round pick (top 2 protected)

Why for Det: They don't have to worry about the timing of there teams development in terms of an owed pick anymore. They still get a pick in this years draft.

Why for Cha: The 2015 Det pick will likely be in the 10-15 range. They hedge there bets by trading up to 8 this year.

This trade could be done after the draft if Det gets number 8 overall. Obviously if Det gets one of the top picks they would no longer want to do the trade. If they get bumped back to 9 and Cha gets the pick anyway they would keep 24. Both teams could hedge there bets by doing the deal before the lottery in which case Det would simply remove the protections on the pick and Cha would hand over the number 24 pick from Port.

Take out Portland's pick, and include a Henderson for a 2nd swap, and I do it.

#8, #38 for future 1st, Hendo
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
GoBobs
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by GoBobs » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
GoBobs wrote:Cha out: Port 1st round pick (24 overall), 2015 Det first round pick (top 2 protected)

thats crazy Henderson is more valuable then the Port pick and that second you want combined.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 pm

GoBobs wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:

thats crazy Henderson is more valuable then the Port pick and that second you want combined.

I know, but he doesn't fit here. Henderson apparently doesn't hold a lot of value. Despite being a good player, we've got CDR, who is really outplaying him, and Gary Neal, who is a threat to outplay him on any given night. Also, it wouldn't hurt to free up some cap space.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:57 pm

I thought Charlotte preferred the 2015 pick.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,665

Post#6 » by Diop » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 am

Laimbeer wrote:I thought Charlotte preferred the 2015 pick.

we can't decide if you guys are going to get better or not.

I'm on the "Detroit will vastly improve" wagon. Don't play Smith at sf and you guys are instantly better.
Hopefully new management/coaching will realise that
GoBobs
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by GoBobs » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 am

Laimbeer wrote:I thought Charlotte preferred the 2015 pick.

There are some advantages both ways, but I like Aaron Gordon as a project. I would rather have a number 2 overall next year, but I think 9-15 is more likely. Its pretty close.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,329

Post#8 » by WhatsaTDot » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:23 am

GoBobs wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:

Henderson holds little value to any club not named the Bobcats; producing average numbers on 6 million p/year deal for a further two years. Most every club would prefer to roll the dice on the pick than with Henderson.

This place is insufferable.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,227

Post#9 » by BadWolf » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 am

8, Jennings for 2015, Henderson
Xerxes_Tetra
Junior
And1: 177

Post#10 » by Xerxes_Tetra » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:57 am

I think the Bobcats should stick with the Pistons 2015 pick. Detroit is going to be a train wreck next year. The new GM is going to want to tear it down - trading Smith and Jennings away for peanuts in exchange for offloading their contracts. I could see a Amare+waiver for Smith/Jennings deal or something similar.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#11 » by HornetJail » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Xerxes_Tetra wrote:I think the Bobcats should stick with the Pistons 2015 pick. Detroit is going to be a train wreck next year. The new GM is going to want to tear it down - trading Smith and Jennings away for peanuts in exchange for offloading their contracts. I could see a Amare+waiver for Smith/Jennings deal or something similar.

That might make them better
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Trades and Transactions