Wolves -- Pelicans

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Wolves -- Pelicans  

Post#1 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:00 pm

I think this may have been posted before, but just in case...

Wolves Trade: Pekovic + Brewer or Bud
Wolves Receive: Evans + Anjinca
Wolves Why: I think this is a strong move to upgrade their lineup and convince Love they are serious.
C: Dieng/Anjinca/Turiaff
F: Love/LRMAM/Turiaff
F: Bud or Brewer/Bazz...plus Evans/KMart get run here too
G: Evans/KMart/Shved...KMart takes on Harden role, off the bench but playing in 4th
G: Rubio/Barea/Shved
*If I were Wolves I would shop #13 + Bazz + expiring contracts for ideal starting SF moving Bud/Brewer to bench.

Pelicans Trade: Evans + Anjinca
Pelicans Receive: Pek + Brewer or Bud
Pelicans Why: Balance roster, and trading Gordon won't fetch Pek. Pek and Davis make great pairing.
C: Pek/Davis/Withey
F: Davis/Anderson
F: Aminu re-sign?/Brewer or Bud
G: Gordon/Rivers/Morrow
G: Holiday/Rivers/?
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Wolves -- Pelicans 

Post#2 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:20 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:I think this may have been posted before, but just in case...

Wolves Why: I think this is a strong move to upgrade their lineup and convince Love they are serious.
G: Evans/KMart/Shved...KMart takes on Harden role, off the bench but playing in 4th
*If I were Wolves I would shop #13 + Bazz + expiring contracts for ideal starting SF moving Bud/Brewer to bench.

Pelicans Why: Balance roster, and trading Gordon won't fetch Pek. Pek and Davis make great pairing.

Turning it into a 3 team trade, add Portland:

Wolves trade: Bazz + #13 + Blaz choose 1 expiring LRMAM or Barea or Shved
Wolves receive: Batum

Portland receives: Bazz + #13 + Blaz choose 1 expiring LRMAM or Barea or Shved + nice TPE

Wolves lineup to make playoff run and convince Love to stay:
F: Love/MLE/Turiaff
F: Batum/Bud or Brewer...plus Evans/KMart get run here too
Ralnor
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 544

Re: Wolves -- Pelicans 

Post#3 » by Ralnor » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:34 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:I think this may have been posted before, but just in case...

Turning it into a 3 team trade, add Portland:

Wolves trade: Bazz + #13 + Blaz choose 1 expiring LRMAM or Barea or Shved
Wolves receive: Batum

Portland receives: Bazz + #13 + Blaz choose 1 expiring LRMAM or Barea or Shved + nice TPE

Wolves lineup to make playoff run and convince Love to stay:
F: Love/MLE/Turiaff
F: Batum/Bud or Brewer...plus Evans/KMart get run here too

I like the three team trade there.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#4 » by lakerhater » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Wouldn't Evans take the ball out of Rubio's hands too much? Sounds like a really bad back court pairing to me.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Wolves -- Pelicans 

Post#5 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:41 pm

lakerhater wrote:Wouldn't Evans take the ball out of Rubio's hands too much? Sounds like a really bad back court pairing to me.

Evans-Rubio backcourt is not a match made in heaven. But sometimes trading teams got to take what they can get. Is it a bad pairing...no. Even more so if head coach signed is a athletic focused, more transition style coach that fits Rubio and Evans.

And if Rubio has proved something over his many pro years, he plays well, and has played a lot, in 2 guard sets. Despite the common thinking by many. He has played many minutes with other PG's on the floor in Spain and with Wolves.

And the way I would see it working, is Rubio handles rock in transition mostly, and Evans in half court sets. Kind of a 70/30 swap among guards.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#6 » by AQuintus » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Make it a four team trade and send Evans somewhere else. Evans-Rubio is a horrifically bad fit on the perimeter.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,808

Post#7 » by Colbinii » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:48 pm

AQuintus wrote:Make it a four team trade and send Evans somewhere else. Evans-Rubio is a horrifically bad fit on the perimeter.

Make it a 5 team trade and Send Batum somewhere else. At this point, I would prefer Bazz/#13/Expiring over Batum.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 767

Post#8 » by lordjeff05 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:00 am

First, Pels say no, Reke's improved play as a starter was the sole bright spot of the last few weeks once Davis went down.

Second, this is a HORRIBLE fit. Reke and Rubio both need the ball to be effective and neither can hit the 3. Floor spacing on this squad would be atrocious.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#9 » by slicedbread2 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:00 am

Not a good idea. If I want to move Pek to NOLA, sure but Gordon would be a better fit despite being somewhat injury prone. To me, the Pelicans are more willing to send out Gordon who doesn't fit their team any more. Evans is the ideal fit down there now.

Batum is not leaving Portland. He's their ace on defense and is needed for defending the likes of Durant. #13 plus Shabazz sounds interesting, but I think Portland would look elsewhere to bolster their bench.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#10 » by Smitty731 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 pm

At this point, the Pelicans are trying to build to get in the playoffs and keep Davis around in a couple of years. Evans is their only alternative at SG to Gordon. I think Gordon gets traded before Evans. Some desperate team for shooting will gamble on him. If Gordon stays, you have to keep Evans as insurance for Gordon's inevitable 20-30 missed games at least. If I was NO, the way the league is trending, I would play Evans, Gordon, Holiday, and Davis together with either a rebounding PF or post up C. That lineup can be a matchup problem for a lot of teams.

Return to Trades and Transactions