DET-ORL-SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Re: DET-ORL-SAC 

Post#21 » by Kings2013 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 am

I don't see how Detroit is dumping its two worst contracts to receive Rudy just for moving back 4 spots in the draft
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#22 » by lakerhater » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 am

I like this for Sac but it's because I didn't like what I saw out of McLemore this season. I had high hopes for him and thought the Kings did well to draft him but he's still pretty raw and doesn't look close to being a rotation player for a playoff team.

At the same time I like what Harkless can do on D and his 3 point shooting improved quite a bit this season.

Regardless of whether Sac makes this trade or not the Kings will not be in the playoffs next season. Sorry Kings fans but the West is just way too tough. Your only hope is that the NBA changes it to the top 16 teams and you edge out an East team.
jumpboi92
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#23 » by jumpboi92 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:54 pm

As a Kings fan, I'd say yes if we can dump Landry. Would Detroit be willing to take him if the Pistons keep #8 and the Kings instead get #12 and Nicholson?

And I'd say replace Harkless with a future 2nd rounder from Orlando's end.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#24 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:25 am

As a Magic fan I would do this, only if our owner would be OK with us just buying Jennings out. I have no interest in watching that guy play on my team, top 5 must annoying guy to watch in the league.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#25 » by longfellow44 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 am

No thanks from the kings. Don't want Josh Smith. Don't want to trade Mclemore in this trade either. I much rather keep the trade as is. Gay has been great for us. What the kings need are 2 things: Pass first point guard, and a big shot blocker, that doesn't get pushed around in the paint.

If the kings luck out and get the 1st over all pick, we would be taking embiid, and run a twin towers type approach.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 729

Post#26 » by A_dub06 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 pm

As a detroit fan, I'd do this deal.

I'm honestly surprised that there are kings fans that say then do this deal even with the modifications they countered with. McLemore didn't have the best season but he certainly does have a high ceiling. I think the kid will be a productive player and I'm still pissed the kings got him instead of us and I'd do a straight swap of kcp for mclemore.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Smith objectively is extremely talented however without the correct personnel supporting him, his talent will never be properly appreciated as he displays one of the lowest Bball iq's in the league.

I'm not exactly sure Sacremento is the right environment for him to succeed and be the player we all know he could be
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#27 » by RTM » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 pm

If Tyler Ennis is available at 12, I think Detroit should do this (either way, I don't think there's a huge drop off between 8 and 12). They save a ton of future cap space, and move forward with a decent young core. Nicholson is a decent offensive player who could probably find some minutes on this team.

Ennis / Bynum
KCP / FA
Gay / Singler
Monroe / Nicholson
Drummond / Monroe
gumbyr24
Senior
And1: 443

Post#28 » by gumbyr24 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Jennings would need to go to a third team..
No way do we want a below average diva in Orlando teaching
our young'ns bad basketball. He has no place in Orlando.

Return to Trades and Transactions