Toronto/Golden State Blockbuster

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Toronto/Golden State Blockbuster 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Derozan is really a tough case for the raptors....

He is young and makes 9.5M a year. but at the same time he requires alot of shot attempts and isnt a guy you are going to win with as your #1 or #2 guy.

i think they need to move him, but at tha price he doesnt kill your cap. if they can turn him into another youngish player on similar money who is more of an elite role guy i think that would really benefit them.

The course they are on now, it just feels like they are headed towards a treadmill team that will be a top 10 player short of really ever competing.... locked into the Lowry/Derozan/JV core. thats putting alot of faith in JV becoming a 2-way all star and derozan becoming efficeint.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,744

Re: Toronto/Golden State Blockbuster 

Post#22 » by gswhoops » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:51 pm

old rem wrote:
LApwnd wrote:Derozen would not fit in with that GSW core as he seems to need the ball to be affective. I also dont think GSW fans think Iggy is a bad contract at all, his stats dont justify the pay but I guess its probably all the little things he does.

I'm probably more critical of Iggy than any of the GSW guys..and I'd be on the fence on this. I think GSW has wiped out their rd 2 picks.. but that's a minor thing in this. I DO like Hansborough..though we don't have a lot of PF minutes. I'd never been keen on DeRozean ..but ironically had thought Tor should have used him at SF all along. The pick (NY) is a bit distant..so....it's unsure what it becomes..and it might have protection too.

If we did get TH..I'd intend to keep him. I like his hustle. Not sure about DeRozean on D but I guess he's decent. It's a deal GSW could seriously consider..but I can'r say all GSW fans like it.

rem, how can you not like this deal? We're sending out 25.2 PPG and getting back 32.7 PPG.

Obviously that means it's a win for the Warriors.

Return to Trades and Transactions