MIN/IND/NYK/BOS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,067

MIN/IND/NYK/BOS 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 am

MIN gets Hibbert, Payne (drafted # 18 by BOS)
MIN trades Pek, Dieng, Stauskus or McDermott (drafted #13)

IND gets Chandler, Pek, Rondo
IND trades Hibbert, West, Hill, Stephenson (S&T)

NYK gets Hill, Faverani, Olynyk
NYK trade Chandler

BOS gets West, Dieng, Stephenson (S&T), rights to Stauskus or McDermott (drafted #13 by MIN)
BOS trades Rondo, Olynyk, Payne (drafted # 18)

Why for MIN? Improve interior D, top big man
Why for IND? Improve offense
WHY for NYK? Assets for the rebuild
Why for BOS? Solid return, avert threat of Rondo leaving
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: MIN/IND/NYK/BOS 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:06 am

Think it's too much for the Wolves to give up. Would rather stay put.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#3 » by Narf » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:13 am

Easy no from Minnesota.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,481

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:19 am

I think Minnesota would say yes with Shabazz and no if it were Dieng. Just in case that 20ish game sample is what they really have in him, and there is no reason for the team to assume that he isn't as good as he looked.

I actually think Minnesota would consider Pek, Shabazz, and 13th for Hibbert and the LAC first from Boston.

I don't think NYK have any interest in this deal though they are getting too much.. The three contracts coming in ruin the chance of adding a max free agent in 2015.. That makes this deal a no go in my eyes.

And I don't understand why a tax tight team that is contending, like the Pacers, would trade four starters and commit 27 million to the center position (not 30 including Ian)

And don't see why Boston would want to get West as a main piece in return for Rondo. And trade Olynyk who in my eyes, has the higher ceiling (compared to Sully)

This trade just doesn't seem to take any of the team's visions in mind..
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#5 » by AQuintus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 am

Dieng and Pek for Hibbert and Minnesota has to move back in the draft for some reason? What?

Considering contract and recent play, I'd take both Pek and Dieng over Hibbert at this point.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#6 » by pacers33granger » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:49 am

Minnesota shouldn't be adding Dieng in here and probably not the pick swap either.

It creates a horrible team for Indy too. You trade away all of Indy's starters except PG. I also don't see how that improves the offense. Chandler is nothing on offense, Pek vs. West is essentially a wash (Pek might have a bit of an edge here now but not much), so then it's the starting backcourt of the top team in the East for Rondo. Rondo is not a scorer and whose he going to pass to other than PG? Just throw it into Pek? I guess lobs to Chandler.

On top of that I don't know why any team would pay Chandler/Pek 27 mil next year to have each play half a game since they wouldn't work together.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,809

Post#7 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:06 am

Aside from the fact that you couldn't trade the picks and do a S+T, I think it is rather close in value.

Minnesota: I wouldn't trade Pekovic and Dieng or #13, let alone both for Hibbert and moving out of the lottery. This draft has 13-14 players and then drops off hard.

Indiana: George Hill is one of their best offensive player (Highest oRTG by a mile), trading Stephenson along with your starting PF for 2 injury prone bigs who play Center and Rondo seems too risky.

New York: Probably, but if New York wants the expiring of Chandler they may prefer to keep it and still be more competitive in a weak East.

Boston: Trading their franchise player for Stephenson and Dieng essentially, West for #18, and Olynyk for #13, all of which seem like a "meh" to "no thanks" return value.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#8 » by melo mvp 15 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 am

Sign and trades are as much on the player as the teams involved. Not to mention you can't orchestrate one before the FA period... so including this years draft pick is problematic. And don't even try saying "oh well they'll arrange it before" because they can't and wouldn't since it's all dependent on Stephenson's free agency decision, which can't be made before.

Also Hill brings nothing to NY to justify trading Tyson... let alone taking up $8 mil of the cap. I get that Hill would be a nice triangle PG in theory... but I NY needs a better PG than that to justify trading Tyson AND taking away cap space (and Olynyck and Faverani aren't enough value to justify it). I'm thinking like borderline all star type ala Kyle Lowry or Goran Dragic OR a younger PG with potential like Vazquez (who's a FA anyways and NY can't sign/trade).
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Post#9 » by j_angel » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:26 am

A deal around Stephenson for Rondo has potential.

No need for West to be in Boston and no need to give up Olynyk.

Return to Trades and Transactions