CHI/ORL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

CHI/ORL 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:27 am

Bulls get Affalo and Nicholson

Magic get Boozer, #16, #19

Bulls shed salary and make win now trade for Rose's return.

Orlando gets picks to continue building of young team.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: CHI/ORL 

Post#2 » by Skin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:39 am

You guys can amnesty Boozer. He does nothing for us except take up minutes from the young guys.

Afflalo for #16 and #19. Figure it out.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#3 » by j_n » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 am

The magic dont need anymore fringe rotation players, if Afflalo is moved it would probably be in a package for a star or a top prospect.

The value is not close imo, Nicholson was the #19 pick 2 years ago and he has basically performed like one so were trading Afflalo for #16 while taking a terrible contract, easy pass.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,568

Post#4 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:56 am

Skin wrote:You guys can amnesty Boozer. He does nothing for us except take up minutes from the young guys.

For one of the picks, sure. I have a hard time seeing a one year rental netting 2 top 20 picks.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#5 » by BossHoggin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:23 am

Colbinii wrote:
Skin wrote:You guys can amnesty Boozer. He does nothing for us except take up minutes from the young guys.

For one of the picks, sure. I have a hard time seeing a one year rental netting 2 top 20 picks.
magic fans think 2 top 20 picks is a low ball offer. 76ers fans also thought Turner was worth a good pick...
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#6 » by Viper1500 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 am

BossHoggin wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

magic fans think 2 top 20 picks is a low ball offer. 76ers fans also thought Turner was worth a good pick...

Don't compare Turner and Afflalo

I've said before if Afflalo is going to Chicago, it's for Taj Gibson.
Skin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Skin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 am

Viper1500 wrote:
BossHoggin wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

What do Bulls fans say about an AA for Taj swap?
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#8 » by TheGameChanger » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:53 am

Skin wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:
BossHoggin wrote:magic fans think 2 top 20 picks is a low ball offer. 76ers fans also thought Turner was worth a good pick...

Love It. Would Even add a pick or 2 if needed to get it done.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#9 » by Viper1500 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 am

I'm really high on Afflalo but I'd definitely be willing to do Afflalo for Gibson+16th assuming Orlando drafts one of Wiggins/Parker/Smart/Exum.

Afflalo would be great on Chicago, definitely fits that team perfect.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,343

Post#10 » by jowglenn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:25 am

Oh, you'd be "willing to do" afflalo for gibson + 16, eh? Willing?

Orlando fans are somewhat overrating Afflalo here... I do think he can be part of a big package - Afflalo, 12, Harris for a 'star' player; If you get offered 16 & 19, take it.

Y'all are correct though that the original deal is a bit unfair, asking you to take back Boozer and giving them Nicholson.
codigoman
Senior
And1: 321

Post#11 » by codigoman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 am

Afflalo for Gibson+16th... daydream
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#12 » by tranjSAIC » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:07 pm

jowglenn wrote:Oh, you'd be "willing to do" afflalo for gibson + 16, eh? Willing?

Orlando fans are somewhat overrating Afflalo here... I do think he can be part of a big package - Afflalo, 12, Harris for a 'star' player; If you get offered 16 & 19, take it.

Y'all are correct though that the original deal is a bit unfair, asking you to take back Boozer and giving them Nicholson.

I want no part of Afflalo for multiple 1st round picks, at this point in our rebuild we should start consolidating some assets. Afflalo WITH our 2nd lotto pick is what I would want to do.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,343

Post#13 » by jowglenn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:17 pm

tranjSAIC wrote:
jowglenn wrote:Oh, you'd be "willing to do" afflalo for gibson + 16, eh? Willing?

I want no part of Afflalo for multiple 1st round picks, at this point in our rebuild we should start consolidating some assets. Afflalo WITH our 2nd lotto pick is what I would want to do.

I don't know, I think 2 mid-1sts would be a good return for Afflalo. Maybe you want to do a consolidating move; OK, well you can consolidate those 2 1sts along with the other lotto pick. 12, 16, and 19 might be more appealing to a team trading a star and doing a rebuild than 12 & Afflalo.

Remember, just because you trade for those picks doesn't mean you can't re-trade them. You can still consolidate assets in the next deal; 2 1sts provides more trade flexibility than Afflalo does.
Skin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Skin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:23 pm

jowglenn wrote:
tranjSAIC wrote:

I don't know, I think 2 mid-1sts would be a good return for Afflalo. Maybe you want to do a consolidating move; OK, well you can consolidate those 2 1sts along with the other lotto pick. 12, 16, and 19 might be more appealing to a team trading a star and doing a rebuild than 12 & Afflalo.

Remember, just because you trade for those picks doesn't mean you can't re-trade them. You can still consolidate assets in the next deal; 2 1sts provides more trade flexibility than Afflalo does.

Yep, that's good advice to tranjSAIC. You can't focus on only one way you would trade AA.

Back to Taj for AA, I'm actually not that fond of that either. Taj is a vet. We really need to build around youth. Picks are preferred. I would do 16 and 19 for AA. Does CHI have the cap to absorb that or would they have to amnesty Boozer first?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#15 » by coldfish » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:13 am

Skin wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:
BossHoggin wrote:magic fans think 2 top 20 picks is a low ball offer. 76ers fans also thought Turner was worth a good pick...

Some like it, some don't.

Personally, I would love to get Afflalo. Not so high on giving up Gibson. The Bulls can get capspace by amnestying Boozer and then do something like Dunleavey + 16 + 19 for Afflalo. Dunleavey is a one year $3M expiring deal.

Just as a note to everyone: Afflalo can be an unrestricted free agent after one season. Acquiring him is a very risky move for any team. Some douchebag team offers him a 4/60 deal or something after 1 year and the team that traded for him is screwed.

For Chicago, they could also bring over Mirotic. Team =
Rose
Afflalo
Butler
Gibson / Mirotic
Noah

Not exactly a dynasty, but might have a shot.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#16 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:18 am

The overrating of Aaron Afflalo and underrating of Taj Gibson is ridiculous. Taj Gibson is one of the best defenders (Both man and team) in the league and under contract for another 3 years.

One year of Afflalo to 3 years of Gibson isn't really fair to Gibson as a player.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
1AndDone
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#17 » by 1AndDone » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 am

The Magic don't need to take back a bad contract in order to trade Afflalo. They could just trade him for a pick straight-up and avoid Boozer altogether.

Afflalo to the Suns for #14 and #27
Skin
RealGM

Post#18 » by Skin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:22 am

Colbinii wrote:The overrating of Aaron Afflalo and underrating of Taj Gibson is ridiculous. Taj Gibson is one of the best defenders (Both man and team) in the league and under contract for another 3 years.

One year of Afflalo to 3 years of Gibson isn't really fair to Gibson as a player.

I think it's pretty hilarious to see you making it a personal mission to tell everyone how overrated Afflalo is in multiple threads and then a few posts later someone offers a new deal that makes you want to repeat yourself all over again.

If you're constantly having to repeat yourself maybe you're a little wrong there buddy. :lol:

As for Taj, why would the Magic want him? He wouldn't fit their youth movement. They are trying to build something sustainable over the long term. Not looking for quick short term fixes.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#19 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Skin wrote:I think it's pretty hilarious to see you making it a personal mission to tell everyone how overrated Afflalo is in multiple threads and then a few posts later someone offers a new deal that makes you want to repeat yourself all over again.

I just find it ironic that some Magic Fans keep asking for ridiculous offers when fans of other teams nearly unanimously agree he isn't worth that much. Keep being a homer :crazy:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Skin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Skin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Skin wrote:I think it's pretty hilarious to see you making it a personal mission to tell everyone how overrated Afflalo is in multiple threads and then a few posts later someone offers a new deal that makes you want to repeat yourself all over again.

I just find it ironic that some Magic Fans keep asking for ridiculous offers when fans of other teams nearly unanimously agree he isn't worth that much. Keep being a homer :crazy:

All these posts from Non-Magic fans in this thread prove you wrong. Did you not read them or do you have bad reading comprehension? Calling me a homer is a cop out. I haven't even suggested a trade for AA.

TheGameChanger wrote:
Skin wrote:What do Bulls fans say about an AA for Taj swap?

Love It. Would Even add a pick or 2 if needed to get it done.

jowglenn wrote:I don't know, I think 2 mid-1sts would be a good return for Afflalo. Maybe you want to do a consolidating move; OK, well you can consolidate those 2 1sts along with the other lotto pick. 12, 16, and 19 might be more appealing to a team trading a star and doing a rebuild than 12 & Afflalo.

coldfish wrote:Personally, I would love to get Afflalo. Not so high on giving up Gibson. The Bulls can get capspace by amnestying Boozer and then do something like Dunleavey + 16 + 19 for Afflalo. Dunleavey is a one year $3M expiring deal.

1AndDone wrote:Afflalo to the Suns for #14 and #27

Return to Trades and Transactions