What kind of pick are Dragic or Bledsoe worth?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,043

What kind of pick are Dragic or Bledsoe worth? 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 pm

What kind of pick would they draw?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: What kind of pick are Dragic or Bledsoe worth? 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Well, I said Rubio's 8. So based off that, somewhere above 8? Phoenix isn't trading them unless something crazy is coming back. McDonough has said as much.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#3 » by Laimbeer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:31 pm

bondom34 wrote:Well, I said Rubio's 8. So based off that, somewhere above 8? Phoenix isn't trading them unless something crazy is coming back. McDonough has said as much.

What do you expect a GM to say? They can be had cheap?
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#4 » by gaspar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 pm

The Suns intend to contend sooner rather than later, so trading their best players for draft picks is not an option.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#5 » by Mykhyn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Bledsoe would be a S&T so not as much as you'd think.

Dragic might get a nice pick
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Well, I said Rubio's 8. So based off that, somewhere above 8? Phoenix isn't trading them unless something crazy is coming back. McDonough has said as much.

What do you expect a GM to say? They can be had cheap?

No, but he also said he wants to keep running the same system they have in place, so unless they're getting similar players in return, which would be pointless, I don't see them trading either at this point.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Cklbmk wrote:Bledsoe would be a S&T so not as much as you'd think.

Dragic is like 27 and never made an all-star team. Nice year, but how high are you thinking?
kingstyyyle
Senior
And1: 179

Post#8 » by kingstyyyle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Not the direction the Suns are going. If the trade board is any indication the we could just move into the top 10 using our picks and keep our 2 best players.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#9 » by Mykhyn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Laimbeer wrote:

Dragic is like 27 and never made an all-star team. Nice year, but how high are you thinking?

Def not top 7

After that depends. I could see Pistons having interest.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#10 » by JDLAW » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:09 am

Laimbeer wrote:

Pistons have nothing on the roster other than Drummond that the Suns would trade Dragic for. Not suggesting this would be a fair trade, but only pointing out that the Pistons have nothing else on the roster and no draft picks that would interest the Suns for Dragic.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 727

Post#11 » by A_dub06 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 am

As a pistons fan, I'd trade our #8 pick (assuming we keep it and stay the same position) for bledsoe but I highly doubt Phoenix would pull the trigger.

Trading either player while receiving an adequate return whoever is hard from the suns perspective. Dragic and bledsoe must prove themselves a little more before gm's will feel comfortable trading proven players and or picks.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#12 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:34 am

JDLAW wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

Pistons have nothing on the roster other than Drummond that the Suns would trade Dragic for. Not suggesting this would be a fair trade, but only pointing out that the Pistons have nothing else on the roster and no draft picks that would interest the Suns for Dragic.

I was gauging them in terms of draft picks. For me, you have a top tier that runs through three, another that runs through seven. They don't fetch that, maybe late lottery.
JDLAW

Post#13 » by JDLAW » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:55 pm

I think you'd be wrong.
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#14 » by irie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 pm

JDLAW wrote:I think you'd be wrong.

You think Dragic or Beldsoe net a top 7 pick? I wouldn't trade the Celtics' 6ish pick for either one of them.
|
JDLAW

Post#15 » by JDLAW » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:28 pm

irie wrote:
JDLAW wrote:I think you'd be wrong.

You think Dragic or Beldsoe net a top 7 pick? I wouldn't trade the Celtics' 6ish pick for either one of them.

I bet the Celts would though.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,716

Post#16 » by spree8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 pm

I've posted this trade probably a 1000 times between this board, Lakers board and Suns board lol. 1001 doesn't hurt lol....

Suns Trade: Bledsoe + #14 + #27
Suns Get: KLove + K.Marshall (could be dealt elsewhere given his clash w/ the coach)

Lakers Trade: #6 pick + JHill + K. Marshall
Lakers Get: Bledsoe

Wolves Trade: KLove
Wolves Get: #6 + #14 + #27 + JHill + TPE

KLove gives Phoenix the Cp3 promise to re-sign in 2015 and the Suns get their frontcourt help.

Lakers get a better player than they would at #6 to help out asap and can work on extending him after they sign other top max level FA's.

Wolves get 3 sweet picks and a player who really broke out this year and can contribute for them now. They could flip the picks with another player of theirs if they choose to, but this gives them much more flexibility when adding talent since they'd be limited with KLove re-signing with a lot of other teams.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
JDLAW

Post#17 » by JDLAW » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:23 pm

No. Suns cannot trade Bledsoe who will be an RFA except in a sign and trade situation. Then they can only trade him to a team of his choice before the actual offer sheet is signed.

The Suns are not giving up Bledsoe and two #1 picks for what could be a one year rental of Love and helping the Lakers in the process.

Suns are going to sign Bledsoe or match any offer sheet.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,716

Post#18 » by spree8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:29 pm

JDLAW wrote:No. Suns cannot trade Bledsoe who will be an RFA except in a sign and trade situation. Then they can only trade him to a team of his choice before the actual offer sheet is signed.

The Suns are not giving up Bledsoe and two #1 picks for what could be a one year rental of Love and helping the Lakers in the process.

Did you not read the part where I said only if KLove agrees to re-sign the same way that Cp3 did prior to his Clippers deal?

Also...gms aren't like fans who hold grudges for very old playoff rivalries. They'd be helping themselves more than the Lakers. KLove>>>>> Bledsoe.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#19 » by gaspar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

spree8 wrote:
JDLAW wrote:No. Suns cannot trade Bledsoe who will be an RFA except in a sign and trade situation. Then they can only trade him to a team of his choice before the actual offer sheet is signed.

Did you not read the part where I said only if KLove agrees to re-sign the same way that Cp3 did prior to his Clippers deal?

Also...gms aren't like fans who hold grudges for very old playoff rivalries. They'd be helping themselves more than the Lakers. KLove>>>>> Bledsoe.

Promise to resign is worth nothing. Reportedly CP3 was very close from not re-signing with the Clippers.

And it's not about grudges. The Suns own Lakers' 2015 1st round pick, so helping them is not in the Suns best interest.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#20 » by loserX » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Can't.

Combine.

Picks.

With.

S&Ts.

Return to Trades and Transactions