Amir Johnson + Terrence Ross for draft picks

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Amir Johnson + Terrence Ross for draft picks 

Post#21 » by The Rebel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
basketbob wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:It's hard to say what value they have as a combined trade asset. Do the Raptor take back a bad contract as well?

You'd have to get a lottery pick to make it worthwhile. I'm guessing you start with Sacramento at 8 or Charlotte at 9, maybe one of them bites. Maybe Denver at 11 would have some interest. Minnesota at 13 and Phoenix at 14 make some sense.

DEN would have interest in something, i'd guess, but couldn't take on all that salary without sending some out.
Something like:

Ross, Johnson, 20
for
11, Chandler, 41?

I'd do it for Faried instead of Chandler. Ross + Johnson + 20 for Faried + 11 & a bad contract seems pretty close for both teams.

I'd look at Phoenix/Chicago too. Amir + Ross for 14 + 18 or 16 + 19 + Boozer are intriguing to me.

That may seem close to you, but nowhere close to me, the Nuggets give up the best player in the deal and the best pick.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#22 » by tranjSAIC » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:00 pm

...c.a.p... wrote:Follow that up with the Amir for Nash+7 trade that was mentioned earlier, draft Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle, or Aaron Gordon and we are good I'd say.

I like Amir but is he really worth Nash+7? Does LA really need to save salary and dump Nash that badly as to give up a 7th pick?
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#23 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:11 pm

The Rebel wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
basketbob wrote:
DEN would have interest in something, i'd guess, but couldn't take on all that salary without sending some out.
Something like:

Ross, Johnson, 20
for
11, Chandler, 41?

I'd do it for Faried instead of Chandler. Ross + Johnson + 20 for Faried + 11 & a bad contract seems pretty close for both teams.

I'd look at Phoenix/Chicago too. Amir + Ross for 14 + 18 or 16 + 19 + Boozer are intriguing to me.

That may seem close to you, but nowhere close to me, the Nuggets give up the best player in the deal and the best pick.

Well what about Ross + Amir for the 11th pick ?
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#24 » by tranjSAIC » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

That seems more like a reasonable deal, but I could also see Rap fans not liking it either.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 pm

tranjSAIC wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

That seems more like a reasonable deal, but I could also see Rap fans not liking it either.

Depends who's there at 11 and if they think that player would be a core piece moving forward.

I could see Masai doing it if he was high on someone in that late lotto range. Personally I'd do it if the Raptors aren't taking back awful contracts in the process.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by The Rebel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:28 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

That is actually much closer to something they would do, but they would have to have another deal lined up to move one of their PFs, as it would leave them with 5 on the roster.

What about something like Ross & Amir & fields for the 11th, a 2nd, Randolph, and Hickson? Still takes about $8 million off the cap for the Raps, and lessens the log jam at PF for the Nuggets.

Or something like Ross and the 20th for the 11th, Anthony Randolph, and 1 of the 2nd rounders the Nuggets have?
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#27 » by chuckdevlin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:46 pm

#7 + Nash for Amir sounds too good to be true. Its a tank move for sure, which I dont see happening.
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
...c.a.p...
Starter
And1: 503

Post#28 » by ...c.a.p... » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:54 pm

tranjSAIC wrote:
...c.a.p... wrote:Follow that up with the Amir for Nash+7 trade that was mentioned earlier, draft Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle, or Aaron Gordon and we are good I'd say.

I like Amir but is he really worth Nash+7? Does LA really need to save salary and dump Nash that badly as to give up a 7th pick?

I only listed that trade because someone else had offered it up earlier.

Personally I think if we make an offer for Nash+7 it will have to be along the lines of Amir, Ross and our 20th pick. Even then it's unrealistic.
DerrickRose16 wrote:
Wade is basically Ben Gordon without the 3-point shooting. Sure, he's been a pretty good defender this year, so that would upgrade, but I'd rather have Gordon because he's cheaper and can hit those threes
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 pm

The Rebel wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

That is actually much closer to something they would do, but they would have to have another deal lined up to move one of their PFs, as it would leave them with 5 on the roster.

What about something like Ross & Amir & fields for the 11th, a 2nd, Randolph, and Hickson? Still takes about $8 million off the cap for the Raps, and lessens the log jam at PF for the Nuggets.

Or something like Ross and the 20th for the 11th, Anthony Randolph, and 1 of the 2nd rounders the Nuggets have?

I'd do the first trade, but it doesn't work under the cap. Denver would have to include one of Chandler/McGee whoever they value less to make it work salary wise. I'd want to keep the 20th pick too.

Ross + Amir + Fields for Chandler + Randolph + Hickson + 11th pick. This is a Masai type deal. I could see it going down.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by The Rebel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:30 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

I'd do the first trade, but it doesn't work under the cap. Denver would have to include one of Chandler/McGee whoever they value less to make it work salary wise. I'd want to keep the 20th pick too.

Ross + Amir + Fields for Chandler + Randolph + Hickson + 11th pick. This is a Masai type deal. I could see it going down.

Denver has a TPE so the 1st deal would work they just trade Randolph and Hickson for Amir and Ross then do the picks for Fields absorbing him in their TPE, the 2nd deal you mention is not good for the Nuggets. Not only do they like Chandler, but they are not going to take back Fields for that deal period.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#31 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:50 pm

i think charlotte at 9 is a good fit. i like amir next to big AL and #9 is worth it for ross
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 pm

The Rebel wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Denver has a TPE so the 1st deal would work they just trade Randolph and Hickson for Amir and Ross then do the picks for Fields absorbing him in their TPE, the 2nd deal you mention is not good for the Nuggets. Not only do they like Chandler, but they are not going to take back Fields for that deal period.

Oh I didn't know about the TPE. Yeah I'd do that first deal with a minor tweak though. I'd prefer to send Novak over Fields.

Amir + Ross + Novak for Hickson + Randolph + 11th pick + TPE. Done deal!
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#33 » by basketbob » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Amir + Ross + Novak for Hickson + Randolph + 11th pick + TPE.

Super close. swap 20 and 41 as well and i'd be tickled.

Or

Amir,Ross,Novak,20 for Hickson, Chandler, Randolph, 11 ?
More free is better
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#34 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:22 am

Prokorov wrote:i think charlotte at 9 is a good fit. i like amir next to big AL and #9 is worth it for ross

Yeah if Toronto takes back Hendersen I could see that deal going through.

Charlotte
Kemba/Ross/MKG/A. Johnson/A. Jefferson. That's a pretty solid starting five.

Not sure what Toronto is doing but maybe they think that squad is as good as they are going to get.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
clawso02
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#35 » by clawso02 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Terrence Ross should be virtually untouchable. Too much potential. And the clown that said the Lakers would do Nash and #7 for Amir Johnson has to be high out of his mind...
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#36 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:42 pm

clawso02 wrote:Terrence Ross should be virtually untouchable. Too much potential. And the clown that said the Lakers would do Nash and #7 for Amir Johnson has to be high out of his mind...

untouchable?

anthony davis is virtually untouchable. im sure terrance ross would be shipped out quickly if toronto had a good offer for him.

its not like his ceiling is a top 12 player
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#37 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:37 pm

I don't like the Denver deal of 20th pick, Amir and Ross for Chandler and 11th pick that is too much value to give up to jump 9 spots. I would hold on to our assets if that's the best we could do

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#38 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Ross and Amir for Nash/7 makes sense for a Lakers trade. Don't see any other way to do it.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#39 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:I don't like the Denver deal of 20th pick, Amir and Ross for Chandler and 11th pick that is too much value to give up to jump 9 spots. I would hold on to our assets if that's the best we could do

I think those two together can get you No. 9, No. 8 or No. 7. Where the rubber is going to meet the road is what salary will Toronto be willing to take back to make the trades work and keep those teams under the cap? Are you blowing it up, or are trying set up a second trade?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#40 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:53 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I don't like the Denver deal of 20th pick, Amir and Ross for Chandler and 11th pick that is too much value to give up to jump 9 spots. I would hold on to our assets if that's the best we could do

I think those two together can get you No. 9, No. 8 or No. 7. Where the rubber is going to meet the road is what salary will Toronto be willing to take back to make the trades work and keep those teams under the cap? Are you blowing it up, or are trying set up a second trade?

I would do the Charlotte deal here or possibly send Amir, Salmons and 20 to New Orleans for their pick and Gordon if they want to dump his deal
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions