Any better offers out there for Andrew Wiggins?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,731

Any better offers out there for Andrew Wiggins? 

Post#1 » by DowJones » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Obviously the Kevin Love deal has been beaten to death. Can any team attempt to trump that offer? What Cleveland would be looking for is a legitimate All-Star that is under the age of 30 and/or a good rim-protecting big. Cleveland would also offer Anthony Bennett and Bennett himself has some value. Apparently GM's were impressed at how much weight he lost in the summer league. Cleveland also has a bunch of 1st rounders to offer and other young players like Thompson and Waiters.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Re: Any better offers out there for Andrew Wiggins? 

Post#2 » by hege53190 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:25 pm

DowJones wrote:Obviously the Kevin Love deal has been beaten to death. Can any team attempt to trump that offer? What Cleveland would be looking for is a legitimate All-Star that is under the age of 30 and/or a good rim-protecting big. Cleveland would also offer Anthony Bennett and Bennett himself has some value. Apparently GM's were impressed at how much weight he lost in the summer league. Cleveland also has a bunch of 1st rounders to offer and other young players like Thompson and Waiters.

Do the Cavs have any interest in Larry Sanders? The deal would definitely have to be expanded on the Bucks end but I was thinking something like Sanders, Middleton (6'8" 22 years old, made 41% of threes last year, can play Sg, SF or PF), and Henson. Maybe some kind of protected first thrown in.

Just throwing an offer out there.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#3 » by NekiEcko » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm

There is one person I know that might fit the bill, sure he might be injured from time to time but he can pull up numbers and he is on a very good contract right now

Al Horford

His skills will mess well with Lebron and Vaj plus he is one of the best shooting big man in NBA but I think that Ferry might keep him after his contact.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#4 » by mcfly1204 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:32 pm

NekiEcko wrote:There is one person I know that might fit the bill, sure he might be injured from time to time but he can pull up numbers and he is on a very good contract right now

Al Horford

His skills will mess well with Lebron and Vaj plus he is one of the best shooting big man in NBA but I think that Ferry might keep him after his contact.

Not a terrible idea, but Horford alone does not have enough value to pry Wiggins from Cleveland. The deal would have to be something like Wiggins and Thompson for Horford, but Atlanta would have to at least give Cleveland the right to the the best 2015 pick out of BK/ATL/CLE. WIth that being said, I think their best bet is to keep the team as is going into the season. See who has improved, who meshes, and then hope an opportunity arises.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,731

Post#5 » by DowJones » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:34 pm

1. I would love to get Sanders but the gap between Wiggins and Sanders in terms of trade value is just too wide and I don't think Milwaukee would be willing to add the pieces Cleveland would demand to even that trade out. Henson doesn't come close. Now if you want to talk about Sanders for some Cavalier prospects, I am listening. I could see Cleveland going after Sanders next summer with Haywood's $10 million non-guaranteed contract and a few first rounders if Sanders isn't fitting in with your youth movement.

2. Al Horford is interesting, but he isn't as good as Love so what additional piece or pieces could Atlanta toss in to make the value up? Horford's injury history does worry me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:46 pm

What would the actual package be?
Trying to figure out how much salary they can take back.

The Bucks are interesting...can you imagine Wiggins, Parker and Giannis?

Sanders, Henson, Middleton, Knight could all be involved.

Irving l Knight l Dellavedeva
Miller l Middleton l Felix
LBJ l Middleton
Varejao l Henson
Sanders l Haywood

That is a much deeper team than just adding Love and much better on D.
Not sure it's affordable in trade.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Horford, Antic, Carroll, #1

Irving l Della
Waiters l Miller l Felix
LBJ l Carroll
Horford l Varejao
Varejao l Antic l Haywood
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Jonas V, DD, Ross

Irving l Della
Derozen l Miller
LBJ l Ross
Varejao l Bennett
Jonas V. l Haywood
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Chandler, Faried, Foye, Mozgov, #1

Irving l Della
Waiters l Foye
LBJ l Miller
Faried l Chandler
Varejao l Mozgov l Haywood
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Dragic, the Morri, Plumlee

Irving l Della
Dragic l Miller
LBJ l Morris
Thompson l Morris
Varejao l Plumlee l Haywood
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#11 » by hege53190 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:17 pm

DowJones wrote:1. I would love to get Sanders but the gap between Wiggins and Sanders in terms of trade value is just too wide and I don't think Milwaukee would be willing to add the pieces Cleveland would demand to even that trade out. Henson doesn't come close. Now if you want to talk about Sanders for some Cavalier prospects, I am listening. I could see Cleveland going after Sanders next summer with Haywood's $10 million non-guaranteed contract and a few first rounders if Sanders isn't fitting in with your youth movement.

Maybe the trade gap is to wide. I thought maybe Sanders, Henson, Middleton and a protected first round pick might get it done. Bucks fans value Sanders and Middleton more than most though.

Just out of curiosity what would Cleveland be offering up for Sanders?
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#12 » by ferk » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:19 pm

waiters,wiggins, gasol,TA and whatever spare parts/fillers/picks .
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#13 » by theatlfan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:20 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
NekiEcko wrote:There is one person I know that might fit the bill, sure he might be injured from time to time but he can pull up numbers and he is on a very good contract right now

Al Horford

Not a terrible idea, but Horford alone does not have enough value to pry Wiggins from Cleveland. The deal would have to be something like Wiggins and Thompson for Horford, but Atlanta would have to at least give Cleveland the right to the the best 2015 pick out of BK/ATL/CLE. WIth that being said, I think their best bet is to keep the team as is going into the season. See who has improved, who meshes, and then hope an opportunity arises.
If at all possible, I think we'd prefer to eat a contract over giving up any value for Thompson. This would probably require a 3rd team to be involved though...

Still, I said I would have eaten Thornton's contract in a Horford for #1 deal before the draft happened (nor would have cared if Jenkins was put into the outgoing box to replace Karasev to either BRK or CLE), so I can definitely see giving up some value in a similar deal here. I could see adding the pick swap into the deal although I'd ask for top-3/5 protection on it for next season only (unprotected pick swap thereafter).
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#14 » by tiderulz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:22 pm

DowJones wrote:Obviously the Kevin Love deal has been beaten to death. Can any team attempt to trump that offer? What Cleveland would be looking for is a legitimate All-Star that is under the age of 30 and/or a good rim-protecting big. Cleveland would also offer Anthony Bennett and Bennett himself has some value. Apparently GM's were impressed at how much weight he lost in the summer league. Cleveland also has a bunch of 1st rounders to offer and other young players like Thompson and Waiters.

why would anyone trade a legit all-star under 30 or a rim protecting big? everyone is looking for those.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:31 pm

tiderulz wrote:

why would anyone trade a legit all-star under 30 or a rim protecting big? everyone is looking for those.

Everyone may be looking but not everyone has Andrew Wiggins to offer.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#16 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Jonas V, DD, Ross

Irving l Della
Derozen l Miller
LBJ l Ross
Varejao l Bennett
Jonas V. l Haywood

Toronto would have to move Kyle Lowry because we would be terrible after this deal and look to tank for the #1 overall pick. Reason I say to move Kyle is I doubt he would want to stick it out here. Plus that above deal doesn't work as Cleveland is capped out salary wise and they are taking on line $20 million dollars and sending only like $7 million back.

Or they only way I do that is if we have enough cap space left to sign both Bledsoe and Moose this off-season
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#17 » by jowglenn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Dragic, the Morri, Plumlee

Irving l Della
Dragic l Miller
LBJ l Morris
Thompson l Morris
Varejao l Plumlee l Haywood

That would be a damn sick lineup.

PHX goes ultra rebuild w/ Thomas/Bledsoe/Wiggins/Tucker/Len, w/ Ennis, Warren, Green off the bench. Have Lakers pick next year (and own pick obv)
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Jonas V, DD, Ross

Irving l Della
Derozen l Miller
LBJ l Ross
Varejao l Bennett
Jonas V. l Haywood

Toronto would have to move Kyle Lowry because we would be terrible after this deal and look to tank for the #1 overall pick. Reason I say to move Kyle is I doubt he would want to stick it out here. Plus that above deal doesn't work as Cleveland is capped out salary wise and they are taking on line $20 million dollars and sending only like $7 million back.

Or they only way I do that is if we have enough cap space left to sign both Bledsoe and Moose this off-season

Cleveland would be sending out some package of..

Wiggins
+
2 of TT/Bennett/Waiters

To make salaries work.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#19 » by R-DAWG » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Al Horford

call me crazy but I'd prefer Horford over K. Love if I'm Cleveland. Reason being that Horford can be a defensive anchor and also play C, which provides more flexibility to use Lebron at the 4. Kevin Love is a great player but you can't really play him at the 5 the way Miami did with Bosh. But i'm not sure if Al is worth Wiggins.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,088

Post#20 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Horford is interesting, but ATL would have to add quite a bit of value. The only other interesting package IMO is Gasol, but matching salaries and keeping value equal would be tough there as well.

Return to Trades and Transactions