Any better offers out there for Andrew Wiggins?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Re: Any better offers out there for Andrew Wiggins? 

Post#161 » by Case2012 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:28 pm

mrmsix6 wrote:The Cavs can't be trading out both Thompson and Bennett and only getting 1 big back. They are short on big bodies as is.

I misread that and edited my proposal. Portland doesn't need 3 young PF's either.
Instagram: @casetwelve
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#162 » by BossHoggin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Case2012 wrote:So a deal based on LMA, and Matthews for Wiggins and Bennett is amicable for Cleveland fans? I'm not hyped on Bennett at all TBH. Would cleveland add a first to take Bennett's salary? I feel he has negative value, and his performance in summer league indicated he hasn't improved much.

Irving
Matthews
LBJ
LMA
Varejao

Lillard
Wiggins
Batum
Trob/Bennett
Lopez
Miami first. Send it to the league right now.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Willarmm
Senior
And1: 235

Post#163 » by Willarmm » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:38 pm

BossHoggin wrote:
Case2012 wrote:So a deal based on LMA, and Matthews for Wiggins and Bennett is amicable for Cleveland fans? I'm not hyped on Bennett at all TBH. Would cleveland add a first to take Bennett's salary? I feel he has negative value, and his performance in summer league indicated he hasn't improved much.

Irving
Matthews
LBJ
LMA
Varejao

Lillard
Wiggins
Batum
Trob/Bennett
Lopez

By far the best trade proposal on this board I have ever seen. I would send them a Miami first to sweeten the pot. Bennett actually will be solid If he gets some developmental time and the pressure is off. I feel like Portland saves top 5 PF picks that are on the decline and makes them produce haha. But yes send it to the leahue
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#164 » by Case2012 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:10 am

Willarmm wrote:
BossHoggin wrote:

Irving
Matthews
LBJ
LMA
Varejao

Lillard
Wiggins
Batum
Trob/Bennett
Lopez

By far the best trade proposal on this board I have ever seen. I would send them a Miami first to sweeten the pot. Bennett actually will be solid If he gets some developmental time and the pressure is off. I feel like Portland saves top 5 PF picks that are on the decline and makes them produce haha. But yes send it to the leahue

The best you've ever seen? lol, how about an and 1 then?!

My fellow Blazer fans would probably hate this trade, but i feel like we're going to be maxed out with this squad as a second round team, or at best make it to the western conference finals. I think acquiring generational talent is paramount to a smaller markets success, and as good as Aldridge is, I'd still take a chance on him. We missed out on Jordan AND Durant already...
Instagram: @casetwelve
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#165 » by ballislife » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:49 am

As a Raptor fan (only because Wiggins wants to play for the Raps), I'd give up DeRozan/Ross/Amir Johnson +NYK/Den 2016 first. I think that's more value than Love alone.

Cleveland could have:

Irving
DeRozan/Waiters
James/Ross
Thompson/Bennett
Varejao/Haywood

Wouldn't work under the CBA, but there's a small possibility.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#166 » by tmorgan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:37 am

I think the Cavs oughta look at trying to acquire Greg Monroe from my Pistons in a S&T. We can't ask for Wiggins, but perhaps Bennett and a protected first? Salaries might need to match a little better, but Detroit definitely has some crappy to OK assets to add if Cleveland has someone else to get rid of that isn't a long-term albatross kind of deal (which I don't think they have any of anyway).

Obviously I'd prefer it was Josh Smith instead of Monroe, but I know that isn't going to happen.
Willarmm
Senior
And1: 235

Post#167 » by Willarmm » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Case2012 wrote:
Willarmm wrote:
BossHoggin wrote:Miami first. Send it to the league right now.

The best you've ever seen? lol, how about an and 1 then?!

My fellow Blazer fans would probably hate this trade, but i feel like we're going to be maxed out with this squad as a second round team, or at best make it to the western conference finals. I think acquiring generational talent is paramount to a smaller markets success, and as good as Aldridge is, I'd still take a chance on him. We missed out on Jordan AND Durant already...

Doin this on tapatalk and don't know how, but I would. And I see your point, it's kind of a win win for both, because u get a generational talent on a rookie deal for at least 7 years and we put a star/defense/3pt shot around Lebron/KI.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#168 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:35 pm

ballislife wrote:As a Raptor fan (only because Wiggins wants to play for the Raps), I'd give up DeRozan/Ross/Amir Johnson +NYK/Den 2016 first. I think that's more value than Love alone.

Cleveland could have:

Irving
DeRozan/Waiters
James/Ross
Thompson/Bennett
Varejao/Haywood

i dont think its more value then love, or really even close... especially when you consider cleveland is in win now mode, and thus the picks arent as big a help. Derozan also seems like a terrible fit with kyrie and lebron
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,735

Post#169 » by gswhoops » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
ballislife wrote:As a Raptor fan (only because Wiggins wants to play for the Raps), I'd give up DeRozan/Ross/Amir Johnson +NYK/Den 2016 first. I think that's more value than Love alone.

Cleveland could have:

Irving
DeRozan/Waiters
James/Ross
Thompson/Bennett
Varejao/Haywood

i dont think its more value then love, or really even close... especially when you consider cleveland is in win now mode, and thus the picks arent as big a help. Derozan also seems like a terrible fit with kyrie and lebron

Agree. Don't think this package has more value than Love (DeRozan is the only headliner here, and adding solid rotation guys doesn't bridge the gap between a fringe All-Star and a perennial one). The fit is pretty bad as well since DeRozan is not a good outside shooter and needs the ball to be effective.

Return to Trades and Transactions