What would Bledsoe fetch in a S+T

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,408

Re: What would Bledsoe fetch in a S+T 

Post#61 » by Revived » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:34 am

No team has ever gotten anything good in a sign and trade so I don't expect whatever the Suns get to be worth a damn.
I_AM_KING_585
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#62 » by I_AM_KING_585 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:48 am

What about the Knicks any combination regarding JR,Shump,Larkin,and STAT

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Post#63 » by Dukenukem23 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 am

Would something like this work?

Lou Williams + Tyler Hansbrough + Chuck Hayes + 2015 1st (lottery protected)+ 2017 NYK 2nd for S&T Eric Bledsoe + Shavlik Randolph
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#64 » by Mich3006 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:58 am

Timmaytime wrote:
NoKneeBledsoe wrote:Bledsoe for Jennings and Monroe

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Bledsoe-Smith-Drummond would be hard as f***
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#65 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Brandon Knight, Carlos Delfino, 2015 1st round pick (top 10 protected).

The ability to play for Kidd and pair with Parker would be a good situation for Bledsoe and Bucks need to make a move to be a playoff team in the East after last year.

Knight is an above average PG prospect with a PER last season on 16.6 and he's only 22.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#66 » by LApwnd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Ayatollah wrote:
Timmaytime wrote:
NoKneeBledsoe wrote:Bledsoe for Jennings and Monroe

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Bledsoe-Smith-Drummond would be hard as f***

Smith/Drummound front court wouldn't be that great of a site offensively.
Barkley_34
Junior
And1: 174

Post#67 » by Barkley_34 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:47 pm

so bad deals... :noway:
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#68 » by irie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Barkley_34 wrote:so bad deals... :noway:

They're sign and trades. Typically teams don't get great value back in those circumstances.
♣|☸
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#69 » by Who-rod » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:27 am

Rondo.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Jwduff
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#70 » by Jwduff » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Phoenix needs to resign him becuase Dragic could easily walk next season

A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#71 » by A_dub06 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Greg Monroe

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,408

Post#72 » by Revived » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 am

Jwduff wrote:Phoenix needs to resign him becuase Dragic could easily walk next season

To where? He loves PHX, he isn't going ring chasing.

Only way he leaves PHX is if they low ball him and that's not happening cause Sarver knows he needs Dragic to sell tickets.

Dragic will remain in PHX even if we have to give him 5 year $90M.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#73 » by thamadkant » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:55 am

McD would let Dragic walk if he wanted 90 million over 5 years.

Only star big men, best position player gets that type of deal.

I think 70 million over 5 is fair.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#74 » by cammac » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:19 am

In many ways this is a tale of 2 players who expected to get the max and no one really wanted them in Bledsoe and Monroe. both were offered 12 million $ contracts by there respective teams and felt insulted. The reality is neither is worth 12 million because both are flawed players. Monroe brings zero defense and is a poor % shooter but a good rebounder and passer & Bledsoe a 6ft PG with two major injuries.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#75 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:26 pm

IMO its a tough situation for the Suns.
Without Bledsoe they were a .500 team last year, so losing him and Frye would be a major step back.

At the same time, they clearly have concerns about his durability and don't want the next E.Gordon type contract where he only plays half the season.

They are being smart riding it out though. Bledsoe s options are getting limited and I see no way a guy with his durability issues takes the qualifying offer of $5m or whatever it is over $50m of guaranteed money.

I'm guessing he does come back for slightly more than the 4/48 offered..maybe 4/54.
And after he is inked I would being shopping him considering they are loaded at guard, he's injury prone, he may not be happy how things went and I'm sure there would be a good market for him. Just gotta make sure he stays healthy. They don't have to move him of course, but I would explore offers.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#76 » by Billl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Bledsoe for Monroe seems fair value and balances both teams. Of course, it seems pretty unlikely since both players and both teams would have to agree to the trade and contracts.

I think some fans are really undervaluing monroe. He's really, really good operating in space. He can put the ball on the floor, he can hit cutters, he can hit perimeter guys, he's got post moves, his IQ is high etc. The pistons haven't had any consistent perimeter players to go with him and that has forced him to play to his weaknesses. eg in crowded areas down low with no real cutters or kickout options. He's not the type of guy that is going to explode out of a crowd and finish, or muscle past a double team. If you put him our their with some floor spacers though, he's one of the few bigs you could legitimately run offense through. In the Suns offense, you can basically pencil him in for a double-double pretty much every night and probably 5 assists.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#77 » by JDLAW » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:IMO its a tough situation for the Suns.
Without Bledsoe they were a .500 team last year, so losing him and Frye would be a major step back.

At the same time, they clearly have concerns about his durability and don't want the next E.Gordon type contract where he only plays half the season.

They are being smart riding it out though. Bledsoe s options are getting limited and I see no way a guy with his durability issues takes the qualifying offer of $5m or whatever it is over $50m of guaranteed money.

I'm guessing he does come back for slightly more than the 4/48 offered..maybe 4/54.
And after he is inked I would being shopping him considering they are loaded at guard, he's injury prone, he may not be happy how things went and I'm sure there would be a good market for him. Just gotta make sure he stays healthy. They don't have to move him of course, but I would explore offers.

None of this is realistic.
JDLAW

Post#78 » by JDLAW » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Billl wrote:Bledsoe for Monroe seems fair value and balances both teams. Of course, it seems pretty unlikely since both players and both teams would have to agree to the trade and contracts.

I think some fans are really undervaluing monroe. He's really, really good operating in space. He can put the ball on the floor, he can hit cutters, he can hit perimeter guys, he's got post moves, his IQ is high etc. The pistons haven't had any consistent perimeter players to go with him and that has forced him to play to his weaknesses. eg in crowded areas down low with no real cutters or kickout options. He's not the type of guy that is going to explode out of a crowd and finish, or muscle past a double team. If you put him our their with some floor spacers though, he's one of the few bigs you could legitimately run offense through. In the Suns offense, you can basically pencil him in for a double-double pretty much every night and probably 5 assists.

PHX has the cap room to sign Monroe if they want him - no need to trade Bledsoe for him - nor would they.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#79 » by Billl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:22 pm

JDLAW wrote:
Billl wrote:Bledsoe for Monroe seems fair value and balances both teams. Of course, it seems pretty unlikely since both players and both teams would have to agree to the trade and contracts.

PHX has the cap room to sign Monroe if they want him - no need to trade Bledsoe for him - nor would they.

It doesn't matter how much cap room phx has. Detroit can match any offer. it's the same situation Bledsoe is in.
JDLAW

Post#80 » by JDLAW » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Billl wrote:
JDLAW wrote:

It doesn't matter how much cap room phx has. Detroit can match any offer. it's the same situation Bledsoe is in.

So true.

Return to Trades and Transactions