Official: Al- Farouq Aminu to Dallas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Re: Official: Al- Farouq Aminu to Dallas 

Post#41 » by Smitty731 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 pm

avon barksdale wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:I know Dallas is bringing in Nelson, but what are they doing behind Ellis at SG? Right now it seems like the only options on the roster are Jefferson, Ledo and Crowder. And Jefferson and Crowder are both more SFs at this point. I would have spent that Room Exception on a SG, instead of another PG. I think they were fine with Harris and Felton. At this point, the backup SG options for vet minimum deals aren't very attractive.

I agree with u but the issue is what sg was available for that price? I personally would have loved to bring in bazemore or rush but we didn't and as for our pg situation we needed Nelson devin in injury prone and felton is fat. Don't know why we didn't get Jr from the knicks instead of felton. I still think parsons can play 12-15mpg at two 20m st three and split the other sf minutes up between Jefferson and aminu

You can probably get away with Parsons at SG against a few teams. But if the other team has any offensive talent at that spot, that is a nightmare defensively for Dallas. No chance he should be guarding even an average offensive SG. Tyson Chandler would probably feel like he's back on the Knicks at that point having to chase and defend the rim.
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#42 » by Knosh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Smitty731 wrote:I know Dallas is bringing in Nelson, but what are they doing behind Ellis at SG? Right now it seems like the only options on the roster are Jefferson, Ledo and Crowder. And Jefferson and Crowder are both more SFs at this point. I would have spent that Room Exception on a SG, instead of another PG. I think they were fine with Harris and Felton. At this point, the backup SG options for vet minimum deals aren't very attractive.

Harris played both SG and PG last season.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#43 » by The59Sound » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Knosh wrote:

Harris played both SG and PG last season.

I think an Ellis/Harris/Nelson rotation works just fine, even though you'd like to see a little more depth.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com

Return to Trades and Transactions