OKC/PHI: Thad Young to Thunder

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

OKC/PHI: Thad Young to Thunder 

Post#1 » by kookie_819 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Thunder trade:
- Kendrick Perkins (cut by Philly after the trade, resigns with Thunder)
- Perry Jones
- Jeremy Lamb

Sixers Trade:
- Thaddeus Young

Why for Thunder: They get another piece to help them on a title run. Young can be their 6th man to bring a scoring punch, backing up both KD and Ibaka. This trade is done with the assumption that Perkins will be waived by the Sixers after the trade, allowing him to resign with the Thunder.

Why for Sixers: Thad is going to opt out of his contract after the season, and it seems very likely that he will move on to a better team. This trade gives them two prospects in Lamb and Jones, both who have not received many opportunities on a deep OKC team. They will get lots of minutes for the Sixers and will have a chance to prove themselves. Plus, I personally think a pairing of MCW and Lamb in the backcourt has some serious potential.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: OKC/PHI: Thad Young to Thunder 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:35 pm

No, still don't really want Thad. And this is an overpay. And Perk couldn't be cut and resigned by OKC, they made that illegal after Z did it for the Cavs.

Edit: Shouldn't say overpay, but not giving up Lamb and PJ for a guy like Thad who's not really a need.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#3 » by youngcrev » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Not sure why Thunder fans don't want Thad, but it's pretty established that they don't on these forums. Personally, I think he'd be a pretty good fit as the 6th man provided Adams is ready to take that starting role already.

Anyway, I like Lamb, so I'd go for it as a Sixers fan.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#4 » by slicedbread2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 pm

youngcrev wrote:Not sure why Thunder fans don't want Thad, but it's pretty established that they don't on these forums. Personally, I think he'd be a pretty good fit as the 6th man provided Adams is ready to take that starting role already.

I think Thaddeus is not too shabby, but if I were OKC or any other team, I'd simply give up a second, a prospect and an expiring. You could get Lamb who's appeared to have fallen quite a bit, but you ain't getting Jones and Lamb. Plus Hinkie would have moved him already if he was offered a first, but that hasn't happened yet.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#5 » by marcush » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 pm

slicedbread2 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Not sure why Thunder fans don't want Thad, but it's pretty established that they don't on these forums. Personally, I think he'd be a pretty good fit as the 6th man provided Adams is ready to take that starting role already.

I think Thaddeus is not too shabby, but if I were OKC or any other team, I'd simply give up a second, a prospect and an expiring. You could get Lamb who's appeared to have fallen quite a bit, but you ain't getting Jones and Lamb. Plus Hinkie would have moved him already if he was offered a first, but that hasn't happened yet.

I would be happy with just Lamb
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#6 » by youngcrev » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:43 pm

slicedbread2 wrote:

I guess we just differ in our evaluation of Jones' worth. Replacing him with a 2nd would make no difference to me. I wouldn't think he'd be of much value to OKC if Thad was in the fold. Lamb would be the desirable piece for the Sixers perspective

Return to Trades and Transactions