Gerald Wallace

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,519

Re: Gerald Wallace 

Post#21 » by 165bows » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 pm

bondom34 wrote:
165bows wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I don't think anyone is doing that? Most deals w/ him are trying to move his contract, noone thinks he's good.

Can we change the title to Jeff Green? Sure, he's not great, but he starts and doesn't have an obvious better replacement, and he was the team's leading scorer last year. Pretty sure Boston is not just dumping the guy to add, say another PF to the roster.

Edit - though I would be interested in a list of worst contracts in the league, ordered from very worst to say 30th worst. Might be a good thread to start here or wherever it belongs.

We had a vote for the 15 worst back in February (granted Wallace wasn't an expiring yet, so he's the 2nd worst):
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1304299

And Green is a much more interesting case to me. He's good, but just overpaid enough to be a slight bother to move. He has a limited market, but almost needs a slight sweetener or a bad deal coming back. Weird.

Man, huge comeback for Nene really. On Green, I think he is a guy that would look great on a great team, but on a bad Celtics team has even made the team's own fans annoyed at him. He's tantalizing sometimes, passive most of the time, but a capable complimentary scorer and a versatile stays-in-his-lane type of defender. I think getting cast as a stretch four wasn't a good thing for him, he's as much a two as a four. They'll keep him until a much better deal comes along for his salary space, or they get a good deal for him. Next year's wing crop of FAs (at least the UFA kind) isn't very good, so he will have value.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Re: Gerald Wallace 

Post#22 » by Notanoob » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:04 am

The Celtics are not in win-now mode, so they have no need for the cap space, and therefore 0 motivation to move him. Since they'll have to give up something to dump him, I consider any deal including Wallace to be a no-go, unless someone out there is stupid enough to want him.

Return to Trades and Transactions