Calling all Jazz fans..

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Re: Calling all Jazz fans.. 

Post#21 » by The59Sound » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:38 am

jayjaysee wrote:
The59Sound wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Sac - he's better than Collison but he's not worth either McLemore or Nik.. Kanter+Burke for Terry (or Thompson if Utah wanted him)+McLemore? Not even close? Seems like a decent sized overpay by Utah but McLemore for Burke is an underpay IMO.

I'm the opposite of a Trey Burke booster, but McLemore was significantly worse than Burke last year by every measure. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the Jazz are underpaying in a 1-for-1 swap.

Because I think McLemore has upside/potential? And Jazz fans have convinced me that Trey Burke is topped out. I thought he could be a starting quality NBA point guard with the right coach beating into his head how to dribble and to pass 2-3 times more a game rather than throwing it up..

Clearly Burke had a better rookie year.

There's a really big difference between potential and current trade value. I don't disagree McLemore has more potential (though I also don't have any confidence in his future and actually think Burke could easily have a better career if he accepts that he's a bench player).
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,039

Post#22 » by shangrila » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:49 am

Just a thought, but would something based around Burke for Brandon Knight interest either side? Knight seems like the kind of scoring guard you'd want next to a dominant ball handler like Exum, while a more pass oriented player like Burke could get guys like Parker and the Alphabet the ball in better positions.

Not sure of the respective values of either player though.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#23 » by loserX » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:34 pm

shangrila wrote:Just a thought, but would something based around Burke for Brandon Knight interest either side? Knight seems like the kind of scoring guard you'd want next to a dominant ball handler like Exum, while a more pass oriented player like Burke could get guys like Parker and the Alphabet the ball in better positions.

Not sure of the respective values of either player though.

Nah, we have Burks to play that role for Utah. I like Knight but he doesn't really add anything new that we need.

Return to Trades and Transactions