Make a Move to Improve the Nets

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Re: Make a Move to Improve the Nets 

Post#21 » by Narf » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:07 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
Narf wrote:Oh, I could see some deal with the Wolves so KG could retire in Minnesota.

Budinger, Brewer, Barea, Turiaf in some combination for KG/??? (younger player?).

Minnesota gets KGs expiring and KG's last year (maybe he signs on for another if he likes playing with Flip again), while simultaneously cutting some 2015 cap space. Brooklyn gets some win-now vets who's 2015 cap hit doesn't matter. Kirilenko moves back to PF where he's most effective, especially at this point (and hopes to stay healthy).

I don't know what value you put on KG at this point, but I do think KG likes Flip and vice versa. Minnesota has young wings to develop so Bud has no place, and Brewer really is replaced by Wiggins who should get the majority of the minute at SF (with Shabaz backing him up).

Budinger
Barrea
Turiaff
Mohammed

For

KG
Teague
M.Brown

??

Probably a no, but Mohammed is the only player that interests me that might be semi obtainable. If he's not, Nets will hope M.Brown can be the explosive athlete off bench like Shabazz may be. I figure Budinger is your worst contract and I know how much Barrea is hated by fans, but loved by Flip...which is not good.

Rubio l Mo Will l Teague
Lavine l Brown
Wiggins l Brewer l Hummel
Thad l Bennett
Dieng l KG

Martin and Pek moved to clear more salary and gain more assets.
Go the top 5 pick route and get one more high end piece.

D.Will l Jack l Barrea
Johnson l Bogdanovic l Anderson
AK l Mohammed l Budinger l Karasev
Plumlee l Teletovic l Jefferson
Lopez l Turiaff

After looking at that depth chart... I'm not sure if that is really worth it.
Now I'm scared Hollins will like Barrea and it keeps us thin up front.
The value is there...because of Mohammed who may not even play significant minutes this year or at minimum creates a jam.
Both sides may say no.

Just read your D.Will trade...that could be semi interesting as long as Jennings doesn't come back...maybe Nash.
Adelman loved Barea, I think Flip wants to get rid of him (already signed his replacement).

I do think Shabazz is up for sale with LaVine, Wiggins, and Glenn Robinson III manning the wings, I just don't think I want to pay him for 1 year of KG on a team that will still miss the playoffs more likely than not. Throw in Budinger, Brewer, and Martin and you see why I want to dump wings though.

Bud is probably our "worst" contract, but he's just 2 years $10 mil. If he's healthy he's worth $5 mil a year but he's never healthy and we now have too many wings. So if Bud is our "worst contract" we can just trade Brewer instead (who clearly has positive value) and run Bud/Muhammad off the bench. I actually think Bud + Barea for Nash (aka expiring) is something LA would do, so I don't feel a need to pay someone to dump him.

I guess I don't have a great option from Minnesota, but maybe you could find a Jennings/Smith/??? for Williams/??? deal that makes sense.

Return to Trades and Transactions