Give us YOUR center!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Give us YOUR center! 

Post#1 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm

So one of the main goals for hawks fans has been to slide Horford to the PF spot which is his more natural position. He has requested this to previous hawks coaches and it just hasn't happened for him yet. So the big question here is, what does it take to get YOUR center? For this scenario Horford is obviously off the table. Here is the hawks depth chart..

ATLANTA HAWKS:

Depth Chart:

PG: J. Teague|D. Schroeder|S. Mack
SG: K. Korver|K. Bazemore| J. Jenkins
SF: D. Carroll|T. Sefolosha
PF: P. Milsap|M. Scott|A. Payne
C: Horford|P. Antic|M. Muscala

Draft Picks:
2015- ATL 1st round pick, TOR 2nd round pick
* Atlanta has the right to swap 2015 1sts with Brooklyn

2014 Draft Rights:

Lamar Patterson (SG)
Waltar Tavares (C)

*Post your trade proposals that include us getting your center and being able to slide Horford to PF! :D
**What makes the most sense is moving Milsap for a center
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Re: Give us YOUR center! 

Post#2 » by bgrep14 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 pm

They should try to trade milsap for a center
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Take him, please.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#4 » by Smitty731 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 pm

I don't have a proposal at the moment, but it would have to involve moving Millsap. He can't play the 3 and there is no reason to move him to the bench. I personally think the Hawks are better off with Horford at the 5, regardless of what he wants, Millsap at the 4, and Antic backing up the 5. This covers them if Horford gets hurt again. I wouldn't be in a rush to accommodate moving him to the 4 anytime soon.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#5 » by loserX » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Depends who you think "our centre" is.

If it's Favors, I don't see a match. We kind of want to keep him, we don't need any of your point guards, and as much as we still love Millsap we're not going to invest a lot of value to acquire him with the risk that he'll walk out on us for the second time in two years. That doesn't leave you with enough value to get Derrick.

If it's Kanter, I suppose that's a possibility *if* we give up on him (which I'm still not convinced will happen, especially not soon). Then conceivably we could look at that 2015 pick and see what's what.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#6 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Sounds like you want Zaza back :).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Sounds like you want Zaza back :).

Lol not saying he wasn't good for us but his contract...eh not worth it in my opinion. I'd rather you guys hold onto him :wink:
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#8 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:29 am

Pek for Millsap.

I think the Wolves could ship out a vet wing to add incentive in a deal as well.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#9 » by Boarder Patrol » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:39 am

I don't see the need. Horford may want it but he plays the C fine, and it's better for their system he work at C. I don't see their system being as effective without a stretch big, remember at times they had two stretch bigs this year.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#10 » by HornetJail » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:50 am

no

*unless you view Zeller as a center
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:52 am

moss_is_1 wrote:Pek for Millsap.

I think the Wolves could ship out a vet wing to add incentive in a deal as well.

No interest in Pek. Atlanta has gone through injury H3LL the past two seasons and each season Pek's missed games has increased...don't want yet another guy who can't stay healthy.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:54 am

BizGilwalker wrote:no

I'd LOVE to have a front court of BOTH big Al's..
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 am

PMOTT3 wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:no

I'd LOVE to have a front court of BOTH big Al's..

That's what I want :starwars
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Celtics2014
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#14 » by Celtics2014 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:19 am

Tyler Zeller for right to swap any of Boston's first round 2015 Picks for Atlanta's 2015 first round Pick. If pick not swapped Boston gets Toronto''s 2014 2nd round pick.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#15 » by old rem » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:36 am

moss_is_1 wrote:Pek for Millsap.

May be the best deal that works for both.
CENSORED... No comment.
CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Post#16 » by CBFAlex » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:45 am

Cavs cant afford to lose Andy, but I would love to see korver n this team
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:05 am

I wonder if there is any deals that could be worked out for these centers?

-Mozgov
-Vucevic
-Valanciuanas
-Asik
-Hawes
-Hibbert
-Splitter

?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,478

Post#18 » by jayjaysee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:34 am

PMOTT3 wrote:I wonder if there is any deals that could be worked out for these centers?

-Mozgov
-Vucevic
-Valanciuanas
-Asik
-Hawes
-Hibbert
-Splitter

?

Mozgov would cost the Brooklyn first (which is too much value until midseason and Brooklyn is in the playoff situation)

Vuc/Val/Asik- aren't going anywhere unless Horford is coming back. Vuc and Val because they are exciting young pieces. Asik because he's a perfect fix on the roster and NOP doesn't want draft picks they want wins. Millsap value is wasted there with Davis/Ryno..

Hawes - I imagine there is a deal there based around Carroll+one of your centers honestly. That's all the value they really would want from Atlanta (Korver is amazing but JJ/Crawford handle that pretty well..

Hibbert would work in a Millsap three-way.. Call it Pek/Hibbert/Millsap and someone makes up the value to whoever needs it (all three teams fans will feel they need it) Hibbert+Thad to Atl, Carroll+Pek to Indy, Millsap+Copeland+Jenkins to Minn.. Would seem like a base.. - Jenkins to make it legal.. Thad to keep Al at center for a while every game..

And you know the Spurs don't trade players they like. Take Splitter off that list unless you are giving up Horford as well.

And no I don't think any of those guys should be worth Horford.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#19 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:52 am

jayjaysee wrote:
PMOTT3 wrote:I wonder if there is any deals that could be worked out for these centers?

-Mozgov
-Vucevic
-Valanciuanas
-Asik
-Hawes
-Hibbert
-Splitter

?

Hibbert would work in a Millsap three-way.. Call it Pek/Hibbert/Millsap and someone makes up the value to whoever needs it (all three teams fans will feel they need it) Hibbert+Thad to Atl, Carroll+Pek to Indy, Millsap+Copeland+Jenkins to Minn.. Would seem like a base.. - Jenkins to make it legal.. Thad to keep Al at center for a while every game..

Well, Atlanta and Minnesota fans would be wrong... :wink:

Ultimately, Indy has no interest in a Hibbert/Pek swap. Adding in Cope for Carroll doesn't make it better.

Maybe Hibbert would be available for Atlanta. But I think we'd look more at Teague/Korver/Muscala for Hibbert/Watson than anything else. We'll go look to find a C elsewhere, but Teague would be very nice next to Hill, and Korver would be a great role player as the first swing man off the bench in the future, but offense this year with George out.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:07 am

I would GLADLY welcome Hawes to ATL. He's a 7"1 center who actually has a shot. He shot 40-41% from the 3 last season I believe? Coach buds system in ATL focuses on literally almost every single guy being able to shoot and we take a lot of 3's. I just am not sure how much Clip fans value him?

Can I get some feedback here from a clippers fan on what it would take to get Hawes? How much do you guys value him?

Return to Trades and Transactions