Sacramento-Boston

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Celtics2014
Sophomore
And1: 43

Sacramento-Boston 

Post#1 » by Celtics2014 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Looks like Boston is in a position to sign some players next summer while the Kings can make more of an impact in 2016.
Boston Trades: Gerald Wallace and Vitor Favarani
Sacramento Trades: Carl Landry and Jason Terry

This provides more flexibility for the Celtics next summer.
For Sacramento they cut a year of obligations and pick up a decent back up Center

Wallace and Landry seem to be hated by a lot of their fans.

This trade was edited due to comments below
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Sacramento-Boston 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

I'd think Sacramento says no, but would consider if it were Landry instead of JT. JT's last year is partially guaranteed only, so the Kings would be better off moving Landry. Terry's expiring, and they're going to want to resign Gay next year, so I still don't think they do it, but there's at least a chance if it's Terry/Landry.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Celtics2014
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Celtics2014 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Edited trade to make more appealing for Sacramento Fans
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#4 » by becorz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:30 pm

I just don't see it for the Kings. Landry has the potential to be a useful player (albeit overpaid) while Wallace is washed up. Really no reason to do the trade now.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#5 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Wallace is washed up and Landry can still be a productive player. Let's get a mclemore and rondo swap in here to give the kings motivation to make such a deal.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#6 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 pm

I would definitely think about it. If the asset was a bit nicer than Fav it would shift my opinion even more... Any chance for Olynk/Sully/Young? Im assuming that they wouldn't be willing to do that?

I like Rondo/Wallace for Terry/Mclemore/Landry
or
Green for Derrick Williams to save money for the celtics.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#7 » by DK-All Day » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:54 pm

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:Wallace is washed up and Landry can still be a productive player. Let's get a mclemore and rondo swap in here to give the kings motivation to make such a deal.

Not even in your dreams.

The Kings don't have the assets to get Rondo.
Handsome.
Celtics2014
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Celtics2014 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:36 pm

I personally would be willing to look at secondary assets to get the deal done, but I probably would want something back if the Celtics were giving up Olynick or Sullinger. When Rondo get's involved the trade is more about him then the contract swap that was the original intention of my trade. Young is tough since I really have no idea how good he will be. I saw him in Brooklyn torch the PC Friars but he missed summer league due to a car accident.

If the Celtics Substituted Zeller for Fav, would that be enough ?
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#9 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 am

Sullinger might be a great fit with the kings roster actually. Sub him instead of Favarani.

Landry/Terry for Wallace/Sullinger
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#10 » by cl2117 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:18 am

Wait so is the benefit just to cut off like 4m from Wallace's deal, but replacing his awful 2 year deal with an awful 3 year deal?

If that's the case I wouldn't be interested. I mean sure I wouldn't be upset with the deal since I figure it costs about the same to dump Wallace or Landry so either way it's meh, but there would be no way in hell that I'd add in Sullinger/Olynyk or even Zeller to do it. I'd be fine adding Fav just because I thought he might get cut with the DUI anyway (even though I think he could eventually be a decent role player), but no more than that.

Edit:

Also McLemore isn't enough to get Rondo in my opinion, not even close. I'd like Stauskas, but he's obviously not on the table. It'd have to be McLemore plus a future first, but even then I don't like it purely because I'm not crazy on McLemore and I know Kings fans are just going to say "no way we give that up for one year of Rondo" etc. etc.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#11 » by NashtyNas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:14 am

DK-All Day wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:Wallace is washed up and Landry can still be a productive player. Let's get a mclemore and rondo swap in here to give the kings motivation to make such a deal.

Not even in your dreams.

I'm not sure you're correct.

Stauskas, JT, Terry, protected 1st for Rondo, Wallace is more than fair.

BOS adds a great fit and fills a need with a young prospect in Stauskas, adds big man depth, moves Wallace's terrible deal and adds a pick all for a guy who's likely not part of their future.

Smart/Pressey
Stauskas/Young
Green/Turner
Sullinger/Thompson
Olynyk/Zeller

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
sac89837
Junior
And1: 5

Post#12 » by sac89837 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:00 am

becorz wrote:I just don't see it for the Kings. Landry has the potential to be a useful player (albeit overpaid) while Wallace is washed up. Really no reason to do the trade now.

Did you watch Landry last year? And how does everything get turned into a Rondo trade? We aren't getting him.

I would do it as a Kings Fan, I would rathers ee Wallace at garbage time then those two and we need a backup C.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#13 » by becorz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 pm

sac89837 wrote:
becorz wrote:I just don't see it for the Kings. Landry has the potential to be a useful player (albeit overpaid) while Wallace is washed up. Really no reason to do the trade now.

Did you watch Landry last year? And how does everything get turned into a Rondo trade? We aren't getting him.

I would do it as a Kings Fan, I would rathers ee Wallace at garbage time then those two and we need a backup C.

Landry never really got into the swing of things last year because of his injuries. I said that he had the potential to be a useful player...never said he for sure was going to be. He has more potential to be useful than does Wallace and I don't think anyone can argue that.

And I never said one thing about Rondo. I don't particularly want him...
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,526

Post#14 » by 165bows » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:04 pm

I_Socrates wrote:
DK-All Day wrote:

Not even in your dreams.

BOS adds a great fit and fills a need with a young prospect in Stauskas, adds big man depth, moves Wallace's terrible deal and adds a pick all for a guy who's likely not part of their future.

Smart/Pressey
Stauskas/Young
Green/Turner
Sullinger/Thompson
Olynyk/Zeller

Stauskas would basically be a combo guard in Boston. Boston just signed Bradley to a $30M+ deal, he's pretty much assuredly the starter at the 2 medium-term.

Stauskas is actually a pretty good fit in Boston, basically playing PG and guarding 2's when Bradley's in the game, and theoretically playing the two with Smart in this instance. The other thing with SAC is they already owe a pick, so any draft choice they send out is 2017 or onwards.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#15 » by NashtyNas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:36 pm

165bows wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:
DK-All Day wrote:
Not even in your dreams.

Smart/Pressey
Stauskas/Young
Green/Turner
Sullinger/Thompson
Olynyk/Zeller

Stauskas would basically be a combo guard in Boston. Boston just signed Bradley to a $30M+ deal, he's pretty much assuredly the starter at the 2 medium-term.

Stauskas is actually a pretty good fit in Boston, basically playing PG and guarding 2's when Bradley's in the game, and theoretically playing the two with Smart in this instance. The other thing with SAC is they already owe a pick, so any draft choice they send out is 2017 or onwards.

That post wasn't to show what Boston would look like after or how they would utilize their pieces, as you clearly know more about that than me. I was just commenting to show that SAC most definitely has the assets to acquire Rondo, something that DK said they did not have. That's just blatantly false unless you believe Rondo is worth more than that, in which case, it's delusional.

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by 165bows » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:01 am

I_Socrates wrote:
165bows wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:

Smart/Pressey
Stauskas/Young
Green/Turner
Sullinger/Thompson
Olynyk/Zeller

That post wasn't to show what Boston would look like after or how they would utilize their pieces, as you clearly know more about that than me. I was just commenting to show that SAC most definitely has the assets to acquire Rondo, something that DK said they did not have. That's just blatantly false unless you believe Rondo is worth more than that, in which case, it's delusional.

Eh, that's a little strong. As I already said, that pick isn't coming for years out. With two outstanding protected picks it might not even be realized, like the Philly pick Boston got from Miami. It was protected for three years and will end up being second rounders. So a protected SAC pick isn't really valuable unless there is minimal protection. Seven years out and it's got to be unprotected or it just disappears and it's going to be three or four years right off the bat.

The whole Wallace thing complicates it value wise, but no sense paying to move Wallace if they are dumping Rondo. And Thompson doesn't fit at all, Boston's already overloaded at PF.

At that point Houston's NO pick could be just as attractive if NO isn't on track to make the playoffs.

Edit - it's actually not really any salary savings at all for Boston so the Terry/Thompson/Wallace part doesn't do anything. Sure Thompson's a better player but he doesn't fill a role and doesn't really provide any trade value. JET/Thompson is actually a higher total salary and over more years, even if Thompson gets waived his 3rd year.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#17 » by NashtyNas » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:31 pm

165bows wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:
165bows wrote:

Eh, that's a little strong. As I already said, that pick isn't coming for years out. With two outstanding protected picks it might not even be realized, like the Philly pick Boston got from Miami. It was protected for three years and will end up being second rounders. So a protected SAC pick isn't really valuable unless there is minimal protection. Seven years out and it's got to be unprotected or it just disappears and it's going to be three or four years right off the bat.

The whole Wallace thing complicates it value wise, but no sense paying to move Wallace if they are dumping Rondo. And Thompson doesn't fit at all, Boston's already overloaded at PF.

At that point Houston's NO pick could be just as attractive if NO isn't on track to make the playoffs.

Edit - it's actually not really any salary savings at all for Boston so the Terry/Thompson/Wallace part doesn't do anything. Sure Thompson's a better player but he doesn't fill a role and doesn't really provide any trade value. JET/Thompson is actually a higher total salary and over more years, even if Thompson gets waived his 3rd year.

Again, you fail to understand what I'm trying to say.
It's blantantly FALSE to say that SAC doesn't have the assets to acquire Rondo.
Whether YOU personally like those assets or how YOU view them doesn't change that.
You think SAC will be bad enough with Rondo that you never get that pick? I don't.
You'll get that pick within 2 years, and it will be in the 16-20 range.
Of course it doesn't make sense to move Wallace by paying to do so, but Boston isn't really doing that here. They're getting a good return for Rondo (Stauskas, capable big in Thompson, expiring in Terry, 1st) WHILE dumping Wallace.

I don't think any team offers more than that. You seem to disagree, and we'll have to wait and see, considering SAC doesn't have Terry to include anymore anyway.

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by 165bows » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:49 pm

I_Socrates wrote:
165bows wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:

Again, you fail to understand what I'm trying to say.
It's blantantly FALSE to say that SAC doesn't have the assets to acquire Rondo.
Whether YOU personally like those assets or how YOU view them doesn't change that.
You think SAC will be bad enough with Rondo that you never get that pick? I don't.
You'll get that pick within 2 years, and it will be in the 16-20 range.
Of course it doesn't make sense to move Wallace by paying to do so, but Boston isn't really doing that here. They're getting a good return for Rondo (Stauskas, capable big in Thompson, expiring in Terry, 1st) WHILE dumping Wallace.

I don't think any team offers more than that. You seem to disagree, and we'll have to wait and see, considering SAC doesn't have Terry to include anymore anyway.

Ugh, you keep trying to take up an argument with me about something I didn't even say. If you want to continue some other point with some other poster do it with them don't keep bringing it up with me.

SAC not having the assets to get Rondo =/= Rondo fetching more than what you proposed being 'delusional.'

I simply disagree that the parts you included make this a deal that can't be improved upon.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#19 » by NashtyNas » Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:31 pm

And again, I never said THAT WAS THE BEST offer Boston can get.
I just said it's delusional to EXPECT more for a Rondo a rental of Rondo.
I also don't think they can do much better. You're free to show me what other teams need a point guard and what kind of deals you think they would offer, because I fail to see any other teams with assets looking to acquire a point guard.

Also I'm not making any argument, you commented on my post, not the other way around. ;)
I was clearly speaking to someone else before you went on about Stauskas and how he fits etc. on which I suggested that you likely know more than me.
Yes, based on the current situation of the league (over saturation of PG) and Rondo's contract status, I think it's delusional to expect more in a return for him. You're free to disagree, but it would be nice to see some examples of this better return you suggest Boston can get. Of course, you likely won't be able to because the other team wouldn't consider it if they're giving up much more value than I've suggested.

Celtics2014
Sophomore

Post#20 » by Celtics2014 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:17 am

My original thoughts are moot since Terry was traded. I am just going to change the title to Isoc Vs. 165

Return to Trades and Transactions