Simple Swap - Sanders for Rondo

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Eeavers57
Pro Prospect
And1: 439

Re: Simple Swap - Sanders for Rondo 

Post#21 » by Eeavers57 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:why bother, we're rebuilding

In addition to this, why would we pay for a 1 year rental? He won't resign.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#22 » by cl2117 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:16 am

Eeavers57 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:why bother, we're rebuilding

In addition to this, why would we pay for a 1 year rental? He won't resign.

Nailed it.

cl2117 wrote:Before Bucks fans come on here and immediately dismiss this trade with "Rondo won't resign/one year rental", I do think Rondo would resign there provided that the Bucks were willing to pay him this summer. With Giannis, Parker, Henson, and likely another solid draft pick in 2015 I think they've got enough pieces to keep Rondo interested. I feel the same way about Boston being able to retain him this summer, except with Smart things are more complicated than it would be with the Bucks.

I don't think Sanders carries enough value right now for this to be a straight swap. I really like Sanders as well, but as Milwaukee fans often say in trades involving him, his value is at an all time low right now and this would be closer to peak value. They'd need to add to this, but I assume most Bucks fans are just going to say "why bother, we're rebuilding" and leave it at that.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#23 » by AussieBuck » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 am

We aren't trading Larry for a win now piece, a rebuilding team with with two young dynamic offensive players doesn't need a veteran who dominates the ball. We'd like Giannis and Parker to be more than jumpshooters.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#24 » by JayMKE » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:30 am

Rondo wouldn't resign here, we're not a playoff team and there is a decent chance he wouldn't even resign here even if we were one. Rondo isn't that young anymore and coming off a serious injuries, I wouldn't feel comfortable committing to him long term and he's a lot older than the core of our team. Sanders is a better piece for the Bucks going forward.
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Trades and Transactions