GSW/Det/Mil - Barnes/KCP/Henson

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

GSW/Det/Mil - Barnes/KCP/Henson 

Post#1 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:58 am

This is an outgrowth of a different thread - it was suggested that we start a new thread for this one, because the proposal was very different than the one that thread was based on (which was shuffling PF's amongst the teams).

Curious to get feedback on the following suggestion, which would look to help clear logjams / fill holes somewhat for all 3 teams. If you think it's unfair, just indicate what you think would need to be added to balance it out.

GSW Out: Harrison Barnes
GSW In: John Henson

Det Out: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Det In: Harrison Barnes

Mil Out: John Henson
Mil In: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Warriors - bring on Henson to help at back-up PF and center, clear a bit of a logjam between Barnes and Draymond Green off the bench to back-up both forward positions.

Detroit - now that they have Meeks, he'll probably start over KCP. Barnes can come in and maybe emerge as a real starter at SF instead of them having to stuff Josh Smith ineffectively into that role.

Milwaukee - reduces their ongoing logjam at C/PF, and bring in a young, promising SG who might be able to start for them.

Note that based on their salaries and the teams' cap positions, this trade works "as-is".
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Re: GSW/Det/Mil - Barnes/KCP/Henson 

Post#2 » by AussieBuck » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:20 am

Yay a trade that works for the Bucks. Haven't seen much at all of KCP but I've heard good things.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#3 » by TrueStoryGSW » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:45 am

The way KCP performed in the summer league I think Det says no, but then again Ant Morrow and Anthony Randolph used to dominate the summer league too, so that means nothing.

I like it for gs since we need bigs.

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Barbosa
Iguodala/Green
Lee/Henson
Bogut/Ezeli
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#4 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:32 am

Yes for the Bucks.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,051

Post#5 » by Laimbeer » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:07 am

As I said in the other thread, this is an easy yes for me, particularly with the signing of Meeks. But I suspect many Piston fans won't like it.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#6 » by cammac » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:46 am

Unlikely from GS they have a unrealistic high value for Barnes but don't give him the opportunity to succeed. But it is a realistic fair trade for all concerned.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,744

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:31 pm

I would do this too. I like Henson, and we could definitely use a young big.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,744

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Tue Sep 2, 2014 12:32 pm

Also I think this thread is the RGM equivalent of a unicorn: a three team trade involving only recent lotto picks that all teams actually like.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#9 » by old rem » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:31 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:The way KCP performed in the summer league I think Det says no, but then again Ant Morrow and Anthony Randolph used to dominate the summer league too, so that means nothing.

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Barbosa
Iguodala/Green
Lee/Henson
Bogut/Ezeli

I sure don't see it for GSW. GSW needs Barnes tostep up,add more offense at SF. It does not look like Iggy will..
Depth at PF..is just fine. Lee plays 35 min, Geen and Speights give good depth. Barnes can do PF in a smallball game.
Ezeli is back for C depth...he'd started some as a rookie, made progress. Lee and Speights played C some and Kuzmic is a nice project (and low $) I see Iggy as a F/G sixth man... who's versatile, good D.. but his scoring has gone downhill for years and while his knees don't take him out of action.. they get a bit sore ..and he's perhaps best if playing less than 30 min. Henson..solves nothing. Way lightweight to play C. Hell.. we could have cheaply brought back Anthony Randolph...who's actually a bit bigger now...and has a similar toolbox. As is...GSW loves Dray Green. Fans get down..unfairly..of Speights. Speights is a big guy who can score. He scores inside and has borderline 3 range. His rebounding and D are improved since he was first in the NBA. He also plays some C...is the guy who can fill in C minutes and score.

Pope is a guy I really don't know well.. What I do know is that the Pistons start 2 centers and a PF.. and that's wasting talent..and they need a real SF. They'd have no reason to want Henson. With Monroe's contract pending.. and no opening for a C ..PF.. Monroe for Barnes really won't work for GSW. I like Monroe but I can't figure how it works for us.
CENSORED... No comment.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#10 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:43 pm

old rem wrote:
TrueStoryGSW wrote:The way KCP performed in the summer league I think Det says no, but then again Ant Morrow and Anthony Randolph used to dominate the summer league too, so that means nothing.

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Barbosa
Iguodala/Green
Lee/Henson
Bogut/Ezeli

I sure don't see it for GSW. GSW needs Barnes tostep up,add more offense at SF. It does not look like Iggy will..
Depth at PF..is just fine. Lee plays 35 min, Geen and Speights give good depth. Barnes can do PF in a smallball game.
Ezeli is back for C depth...he'd started some as a rookie, made progress. Lee and Speights played C some and Kuzmic is a nice project (and low $) I see Iggy as a F/G sixth man... who's versatile, good D.. but his scoring has gone downhill for years and while his knees don't take him out of action.. they get a bit sore ..and he's perhaps best if playing less than 30 min. Henson..solves nothing. Way lightweight to play C. Hell.. we could have cheaply brought back Anthony Randolph...who's actually a bit bigger now...and has a similar toolbox. As is...GSW loves Dray Green. Fans get down..unfairly..of Speights. Speights is a big guy who can score. He scores inside and has borderline 3 range. His rebounding and D are improved since he was first in the NBA. He also plays some C...is the guy who can fill in C minutes and score.

Pope is a guy I really don't know well.. What I do know is that the Pistons start 2 centers and a PF.. and that's wasting talent..and they need a real SF. They'd have no reason to want Henson. With Monroe's contract pending.. and no opening for a C ..PF.. Monroe for Barnes really won't work for GSW. I like Monroe but I can't figure how it works for us.

rem, when was the last time you ever said you thought a trade proposal was a good one for the Warriors? If all the Warriors were as good as you seem to imply, by the fact that you reject every trade idea, they'd be 8-time defending champs.

To say that Henson and Randolph have a smilier toolbox is inaccurate and simplistic. They have a similar body structure, but completely different types of games and skillets.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#11 » by giberish » Tue Sep 2, 2014 4:15 pm

GS does desperately need (at least) one more quality rotation big. Their useful bigs are injury-prone and they're currently one injury away from playing Mo Speights big minutes - and unless you're trying to out-tank Philly that's a bad idea.

The fit is certainly good for GS, though I'm far from convinced that Henson is that useful either, making me lukewarm on the deal overall (I'd value KCP as the best long-term player in the deal).
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#12 » by DCintheD » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:27 pm

I like KCP over Barnes, and the Meeks signing changes nothing.

Only player to trade for Barnes is Monroe and he makes little sense for GS with Bogut and Lee and those contracts.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#13 » by M-C-G » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:27 pm

Value seems pretty good, but I'd just prefer to keep Henson and see if he can make the leap this year. Even if all 3 make a leap this year, he should be the most valuable as a big.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#14 » by dVs33 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:08 pm

I'd prefer to keep KCP over Barnes, so no thanks.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#15 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:14 am

DCintheD wrote:I like KCP over Barnes, and the Meeks signing changes nothing.

Only player to trade for Barnes is Monroe and he makes little sense for GS with Bogut and Lee and those contracts.

Majority of Piston fans have KCP>Barnes. and the fact that we have meeks is additional insurance. The only way this gets done is if Monroe or smith is going to GS with Barnes coming back. GSW fans have made it known they have no interest.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#16 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 6:01 pm

So what I got out of this is Harrison Barnes is a better fit than Tobias Harris and apparently has more value tan him as well SMH!
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#17 » by Notanoob » Thu Sep 4, 2014 12:59 am

I was never really a huge fan of Barnes, and I do like KCP. We only have two real SGs on the roster including KCP, while we have 4 SFs. The starting lineup might look better if you still think that Barnes will break out, but no one else could play SG except Meeks. Every time he hit the bench the team would be a disaster, with either a small, ball-dominant, no-defense PG or a slow SF with no ballhandling abilities. I don't want to go back to playing Singler at SG, especially since it would mean either trying to play Butler big minutes or giving a total bum meaningful minutes.

I really like KCP's defense and I would rather stick with him. Still, not a bad deal OP, value-wise it's fairly even.
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Post#18 » by bgrep14 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:49 pm

this is the first trade I've ever seen all three teams fan's say yes to.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#19 » by RandyBreuer » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:15 am

Nice job with this proposal. For Mil I would even throw in a little cheddar to GS and Det like Bayless and a 2nd to get this done.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.

Return to Trades and Transactions