Goran Dragic Value Score

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Going down the list who is the first person you'd give up for Dragic?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Stephen Curry
7%
LaMarcus Aldridge
3%
Al Horford
23%
Jrue Holiday
49%
Wes Matthews
14%
Trevor Ariza
1%
David Lee
3%
Randy Foye
No votes
OJ Mayo
No votes
Gerald Wallace
No votes

Total votes: 70

NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Goran Dragic Value Score 

Post#1 » by NashtyNas » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:30 pm

** PLEASE KEEP JAZZFAN1971 IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AS HE UNDERGOES GALL BLADDER REMOVAL TODAY **

Each vote gets points
10 for Curry
9 for Aldridge
8 for Horford
1 for Wallace
0 for outliers

I add them up and divide by the number of non-outlier votes.

Stephen Curry 3yr $34.1M
Lamarcus Aldridge 1yr $16.0M
Al Horford 2yr 24.0M
Jrue Holiday 3yr 33.2M
Wesley Matthews 1yr 7.2M
Trevor Ariza 4yr 42.0M
David Lee 2yr 30.2M
Randy Foye 2yr 6.1M
OJ Mayo 2yr 16.0M
Gerald Wallace 2yr 20.2M

The list
------------------
9.71 - Anthony Davis
8.52 - Kevin Love
8.51 - James Harden
8.26 - Andrew Wiggins
8.25 - Andre Drummond
7.97- Kawhi Leonard
7.90 - Carmelo Anthony
7.89 - Jabari Parker
6.96 - Klay Thompson
6.93 - Giannis
6.76 - Victor Oladipo
6.52 - Deandre Jordan
6.37 - Demar Derozan
6.31 - Michael Carter-Williams
6.13 - Kenneth Faried
6.00 - Kemba Walker
5.69 - Chandler Parsons
5.68 - Gordon Hayward
5.62 - Rajon Rondo
5.57 -Monta Ellis
5.42 - Roy Hibbert
5.37 - Danilo Gallinari
5.05 - Ryan Anderson
4.51 - Greg Monroe
4.36 - Dwayne Wade
4.20 - Anthony Bennett
4.00 - J.J. Redick
3.97 - Derick Rose
3.54 - Josh Smith
3.11 - Kevin Martin
2.43 - Deron Williams

I hope no one has any objections to making the next Value Score poll.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Re: Goran Dragic Value Score 

Post#2 » by Jaseface » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:55 am

I'm pretty high on Dragic. I'm realistic enough to know that you're not going to give up Curry or Aldridge for him, and Horford is a stretch, too, but that's still a possibility. But I absolutely wouldn't give him up for anyone on the list under Horford.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#3 » by NashtyNas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 am

Jaseface wrote:I'm pretty high on Dragic. I'm realistic enough to know that you're not going to give up Curry or Aldridge for him, and Horford is a stretch, too, but that's still a possibility. But I absolutely wouldn't give him up for anyone on the list under Horford.

Personally, I feel the same way, but those are the guys we're rolling with for now.
I think there is a large drop off between Horford and Holiday and then Matthews as well, but that's what we've got so that's what I'm going to go with.

I would personally take out Wallace completely (considering Mayo is bad enough) and add in someone between Horford and Holiday. I also don't think Lee belongs that low on this list, but it seems that he does according to RealGM.

Just out of curiosity, would you guys think this works better?

Curry
Aldridge
Horford
Ryan Anderson
Jrue Holiday
Wes Matthews
Trevor Ariza
Jason Thompson
Foye
OJ Mayo

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#4 » by Boarder Patrol » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:38 am

This one was pretty easily. I think he's pretty clearly worse than Horford but pretty clearly better than Holiday.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:46 am

I'll be going with the consensus as well. Holiday seems like the pretty obvious choice here.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#6 » by NashtyNas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:33 am

BizGilwalker wrote:I'll be going with the consensus as well. Holiday seems like the pretty obvious choice here.

Boarder Patrol wrote:This one was pretty easily. I think he's pretty clearly worse than Horford but pretty clearly better than Holiday.

Do you guys think the polls would be better if we added a player between Holiday & Horford and bumped off Wallace?
I personally believe that might help.

HornetJail
RealGM

Post#7 » by HornetJail » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:36 am

I_Socrates wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:I'll be going with the consensus as well. Holiday seems like the pretty obvious choice here.

Boarder Patrol wrote:This one was pretty easily. I think he's pretty clearly worse than Horford but pretty clearly better than Holiday.

Do you guys think the polls would be better if we added a player between Holiday & Horford and bumped off Wallace?

Yes. No idea who that would be though. I personally would put Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Deandre Jordan in that range, but none of them actually ranked higher than Holiday for some reason.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#8 » by NCHeels2008 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 am

with Horfords recent injuries, i went with Horford
AustinCarr61
Junior
And1: 224

Post#9 » by AustinCarr61 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:24 am

BizGilwalker wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:Do you guys think the polls would be better if we added a player between Holiday & Horford and bumped off Wallace?

Yes. No idea who that would be though. I personally would put Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Deandre Jordan in that range, but none of them actually ranked higher than Holiday for some reason.

How about Paul Millsap?

He's only a one year contract and is limited to one position, which puts his value lower than Horford's.

But he's a more recent AS and cheaper than Holiday, so he arguably has more value than Jrue.
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#10 » by franktony » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:55 am

Dragic has pros and cons

He has always been really inconsistent through his career and he only exploded last season. He is 28 y/o and he will get a huge contract next season at the age of 29.

He is really cheap this season, but it's a lock that he will opt out to get a very big contract. We could expect at least 12m/year.

I consider Curry/Aldridge to be in another tier. Similar level to Horford, but Horford is a BIG and he is still signed to a bargain contract for an elite BIG (12m/year for the next 2 seasons)

Said that, I think that I'd rather have Jrue Holiday (even though I consider Dragic better), because he is 4 years younger and is locked to a good 11m/year contract for the next 3 years.

My vote goes to Wes Mattews, who's in a similar situation contract-wise, but Dragic is obviously the better player.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:56 am

I_Socrates wrote:
Jaseface wrote:I'm pretty high on Dragic. I'm realistic enough to know that you're not going to give up Curry or Aldridge for him, and Horford is a stretch, too, but that's still a possibility. But I absolutely wouldn't give him up for anyone on the list under Horford.

Personally, I feel the same way, but those are the guys we're rolling with for now.
I think there is a large drop off between Horford and Holiday and then Matthews as well, but that's what we've got so that's what I'm going to go with.

I would personally take out Wallace completely (considering Mayo is bad enough) and add in someone between Horford and Holiday. I also don't think Lee belongs that low on this list, but it seems that he does according to RealGM.

Just out of curiosity, would you guys think this works better?

Curry
Aldridge
Horford
Ryan Anderson
Jrue Holiday
Wes Matthews
Trevor Ariza
Jason Thompson
Foye
OJ Mayo

I wouldn't have Ryan Anderson there.

Right now the people voted between Horford and Holiday are Melo and Parker with value almost equal to Horford.

If someone pops out at a 7.5 or so, that would make sense but no one has yet.
HartfordWhalers

Post#12 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Added in the hyperlinks, as well as Monta and Wiggins.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#13 » by The59Sound » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Yeah, I'd rank Dragic slightly below Horford and significantly above Holiday. I've always loved Goran's game (though I think there's a tendency among some to over-inflate his trade value, considering the depth of the PG position in today's NBA).

I remember predicting he'd be MIP in a RealGM survey in 2011... and then being really disappointed with his ensuing season. But he finally found his spots and has turned into a terrific basketball player. Hornacek's Suns are a lot of fun to watch, and Dragic is a big reason for that.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
HartfordWhalers

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:53 pm

franktony wrote:Dragic has pros and cons

He has always been really inconsistent through his career and he only exploded last season. He is 28 y/o and he will get a huge contract next season at the age of 29.

He is really cheap this season, but it's a lock that he will opt out to get a very big contract. We could expect at least 12m/year.

I consider Curry/Aldridge to be in another tier. Similar level to Horford, but Horford is a BIG and he is still signed to a bargain contract for an elite BIG (12m/year for the next 2 seasons)

Said that, I think that I'd rather have Jrue Holiday (even though I consider Dragic better), because he is 4 years younger and is locked to a good 11m/year contract for the next 3 years.

My vote goes to Wes Mattews, who's in a similar situation contract-wise, but Dragic is obviously the better player.

I did the same reasoning.

Would any of the 4 votes for Curry like to explain it? Right now they feel like outliers versus real votes.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#15 » by NashtyNas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:56 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

Well I'm fine with doing that... and so far the closest to that has been... Dragic!

What do ya know!?

Dragic has clocked in at 7.34 so far (I counted all votes including the David Lee one, only fair to count the Curry one considering there are 5 votes).

Personally I voted Horford but I do think myself that Horford is more valuable than Dragic even as a huge Suns/Dragic fan. Just couldn't vote Holiday because the difference is too large IMO. Maybe adding Dragic in between will help future polls? :dontknow:

HartfordWhalers

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:06 pm

I_Socrates wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Well I'm fine with doing that... and so far the closest to that has been... Dragic!

What do ya know!?

Dragic has clocked in at 7.34 so far (I counted all votes including the David Lee one, only fair to count the Curry one considering there are 5 votes).

Personally I voted Horford but I do think myself that Horford is more valuable than Dragic even as a huge Suns/Dragic fan. Just couldn't vote Holiday because the difference is too large IMO. Maybe adding Dragic in between will help future polls? :dontknow:

I've been thinking on it, and I think having so many down, switching now breaks up the continuity which is the strength of this. I also think its hard because the contract difference, Holiday is locked up for much longer which will cause the people that value that to have issues...

Rondo got destroyed based upon contract (and poll options at the time).
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#17 » by NashtyNas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

What do ya know!?

I've been thinking on it, and I think having so many down, switching now breaks up the continuity which is the strength of this. I also think its hard because the contract difference, Holiday is locked up for much longer which will cause the people that value that to have issues...

Hey, you're finally coming around on the fact that Rondo's polls were ridiculously skewed! :lol:
I do agree that the switching etc. has been a bit wacky and led to ridiculous results in many polls.
I've been one of the few to note that these results are not anywhere near the real life value of these players.

HartfordWhalers

Post#18 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:46 pm

I_Socrates wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:

What do ya know!?

Hey, you're finally coming around on the fact that Rondo's polls were ridiculously skewed! :lol:
I do agree that the switching etc. has been a bit wacky and led to ridiculous results in many polls.
I've been one of the few to note that these results are not anywhere near the real life value of these players.

I posted the Rondo value was off because of Stauskas in whichever ones of them subbed Stasuskas out.
Edit: here viewtopic.php?p=41068085#p41068085

That said, he is not more valuable then MCW, but that doesn't mean that his value wasn't off and I didn't post it then.
bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#19 » by bpcox05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Are we able to nominate? I think the results of a Cousins poll would be very interesting.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#20 » by HornetJail » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:54 pm

bpcox05 wrote:Are we able to nominate? I think the results of a Cousins poll would be very interesting.

I'll do the honors.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Trades and Transactions