Bledsoe to the Bucks ideas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,383

Bledsoe to the Bucks ideas 

Post#1 » by jowglenn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Grantland posted essentially a glorified RealGM trade post about how cool it would be for Bledsoe to be traded to the Bucks. It actually makes a decent amount of sense - they are one of the teams who really needs an impact guy in the backcourt, might be willing to take a risk on offering huge money to a young injury-issues guy, and could offer some valuable pieces back to Phoenix.

What would be the deal? Well the presumption would be that he'd be S&Ted in a 4 year, 64 million dollar max contract. He's simply not getting the 5 year/80 million that he thinks he deserves, and teams didn't offer him their 4/64 max because Phoenix might have matched or they might have been stuck overpaying.

Bucks don't quite have enough cap space to sign him outright, and of course, Phoenix could then match (looking to trade him, obviously, since he doesn't want to be in Phoenix).

So a sign-and-trade is good for both sides - Bucks can get him and run a nice Bledsoe/x/Giannis/Jabari/Sanders lineup (x being Knight, Mayo, Wolters, et al) while Phoenix could get a nice asset for him.

Suggestions?

The value offered to Phoenix would either be the Bucks 2015 1st (top 10-ish protected, I presume) and then some random contracts like Dudley/Ersan/Mayo types. Or Henson could be involved - Henson/Dudley/Mayo for Bledsoe, or Dudley/Ersan/pick, or whatever.

Phoenix gets either the pick or Henson, along with a few solid vets that would fit in their rotation (Mayo is not one of them..... probably best not to include him.)

Ersan/Dudley/pick for Bledsoe leaves Bucks with a Bledsoe/Knight/Giannis/Jabari/Sanders lineup with Wolters, Mayo, Middleton, Henson, Zaza off the bench. That is a fun young team with tons of potential now. Phoenix meanwhile hopes that Ersan can replicate some of what Frye brought last year as a long-range big man, and can bounce back to his former level. Dragic/Green/Tucker/Morris/Plumlee with Thomas, Ennis, Warren, Dudley, Ersan, Len off the bench. They would have 3 picks in next year's draft.

What say you all?
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Re: Bledsoe to the Bucks ideas 

Post#2 » by Golabki » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Hard to judge because we don't have an inside view of the Bledsoe Pho relationship.

If they are resigned to trade Bledsoe the question is - where would Bledsoe want to go? If the answer is - "whoever gives me the most money" I think this could work for the Bucks.

That said, I think this is a low ball offer...

"Henson/Dudley/Mayo" ... you'd be lucky to find a team to give you an expiring contract for that.

I think the pick probably has to be in there and it's got to be more like top 3 protected.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,383

Post#3 » by jowglenn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Golabki wrote:I think the pick probably has to be in there and it's got to be more like top 3 protected.

You're probably right. The tricky part is that Bucks don't really have any straight expirings where Phoenix can just accept that guy as a one-year filler. Ersan is on a 3-year contract, Dudley on two years, Mayo on a very ugly 2 years. Some of those salaries must be included in order to make the salary match work, right?

They do have the LAC 2017 1st from that delfino/radulica for dudley deal. So that could be included.

The key is whether Phoenix thinks Ilyasova can be a good piece for them over the next 3 years, and whether he'll come close to producing near his contract. I think it can be argued that he should - his regression last year coincided with completely losing the ellis/jennings/redick backcourt, and suddenly playing with random knight/wolters/mayo, which is plainly much worse. He is not a guy who can create his own offense, and thus relies greatly on the distribution skills of the guards on his team.

If Phoenix thinks he'll bounce back well and be a good 3-point shooter/rebounder/dirty-work guy, he can be an important forward for them. Their forward spot needs help, I think. Dudley was a fan favorite in Phoenix and might be better again there.

Ersan/Dudley/MIL 1st (top 10 protected)/LAC 2017 1st might get it done if Phoenix sees Ersan & Dudley as useful rotation parts for the remainders of their contracts. If not, then yes, it's difficult.
GhostofJizzbird
Junior
And1: 79

Post#4 » by GhostofJizzbird » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:54 pm

the hilarious thing of all this is that Milwaukee paid most of the bill last year when Bledsoe went to Phoenix
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#5 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Would like all fans outside of PHX and MIL to comment on this - PHX and MIL fans have been going back an forth on value
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#6 » by giberish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:32 pm

GSW fan for outside perspective.

I'd say Henson, or Henson + Knight (and/or add Dudley if Phx wants him back). While Mil doesn't have the cap space to sign Beldsoe directly they do have the space to take back a lot more salary then they send out.

I can't see Mil adding a 1st. They'd only be interested in Bledsoe if the S&T price was relatively cheap. They don't have a starting PG now but don't need to win now either. They've got enough spare 2nds they could add some in, but that's a minor detail.

Henson gives Phx another mobile C option, who could also play spot minutes at a big PF (they don't have any big PF options currently). Knight can't run an NBA offense but has enough size to work at SG next to Dragic (or next to Bledsoe if he stays in Mil).
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Post#7 » by bgrep14 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm

henson and knight seems fair
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#8 » by H2tObes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Henson and Knight is probably the most Suns fans can hope for at this point. If that's not enough, so be it. We'll keep our guys and get another top 5 pick next year, then have a chance to sign Bledsoe
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:39 pm

If I'm the Suns, I'm insisting on Sanders. If I'm the Bucks, I'm wondering if this gets me into the playoffs. If I'm Bledsoe, I'm wondering whether I'll sign a long-term contract in Milwaukee.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#10 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 pm

jbk1234 wrote:If I'm the Suns, I'm insisting on Sanders. If I'm the Bucks, I'm wondering if this gets me into the playoffs. If I'm Bledsoe, I'm wondering whether I'll sign a long-term contract in Milwaukee.

Into the playoffs? Thats one heck of a leap.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:44 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:If I'm the Suns, I'm insisting on Sanders. If I'm the Bucks, I'm wondering if this gets me into the playoffs. If I'm Bledsoe, I'm wondering whether I'll sign a long-term contract in Milwaukee.

Into the playoffs? Thats one heck of a leap.

Without Sanders it would be. But if they kept him, they'd essentially be adding Sanders, Parker, and Bledsoe to their starting line up. If Jabari is the NBA ready prospect he was represented to be (and I have my doubts), that team can compete for a playoff spot in the East.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#12 » by H2tObes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Bucks will not trade Sanders for him by the way, so lets not even get started with that.
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#13 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm

3 teamer with ideas from our board

Bucks get: Bledsoe
Suns get: Taj/2017 clippers pick
Bulls get: Mayo/lottery protected 2015 1st or unprotected 2016
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#14 » by bondom34 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Yep, I'm with the other non-Bucks/Suns guys, Henson and Knight is fair.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:3 teamer with ideas from our board

Bulls pass easily. They are in win now mode.

Edit: In fact, the Suns and Bulls probably conclude there is no reason for the Bucks to be in this trade if that is the value they are adding.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#16 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Edit: In fact, the Suns and Bulls probably conclude there is no reason for the Bucks to be in this trade if that is the value they are adding.

It could be me, but I think the Bulls actually improve with this move(assuming Mayo can regain 2012/2013 form)
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,525

Post#17 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

It could be me, but I think the Bulls actually improve with this move(assuming Mayo can regain 2012/2013 form)

Mayo for Taj being an improving deal is crazy.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#18 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Knight, Henson and their choice of salary filler (Dudley, Zaza, Ersan, Mayo).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#19 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:56 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Mayo for Taj being an improving deal is crazy.

Im saying when you add the other pieces the Bulls already got- Gasol and Mirotić are both PF and McBuckets will be playing PF in small ball lineups
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#20 » by JDLAW » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:59 pm

No possibility. This has been discussed a thousand times and nothing has changed. Ain't nothing on the Bucks that they are willing to give up will bring back Bledsoe. You can launder it through 10 teams, but it does not change fact this is not going to occur.

Return to Trades and Transactions