BOS/CHA/CHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,053

BOS/CHA/CHI 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:51 pm

BOS: Green and LAC 2015 1st for Biyombo, Neal
Young rim protector

CHA: Biyombo, Neal for Gibson
Win now piece

CHI: Gibson for Green and LAC 2015 1st
Gibson gets request, versatility on front line
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,766

Re: BOS/CHA/CHI 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Chicago needs more value here. I like the idea of this deal, but the difference in value betwen Taj and Green is more than a very late 1st.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#3 » by cl2117 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Chicago needs more value here. I like the idea of this deal, but the difference in value betwen Taj and Green is more than a very late 1st.

I originally read this as Chicago needs to add more value here and thought you were crazy. But you're spot on the money, Gibson needs to return more than just Green and that LAC 2015 first.

I think both CHA and BOS fans are going to say the other team needs to add that value. Biyombo is expiring so in my opinion he shouldn't return Gibson by himself. I have no idea what he would command on the open market so that's scary. I'd just be worried about a big man getting overpaid and it being a pointless one year rental.

I like Biz so I'd probably do it from Boston's side as long as Ainge thought there was a chance to use him longer term (although it's not all that much to give up for a one year rental of a guy). But I wouldn't add more value to bridge the gap between Taj and Green since Taj isn't even going to Boston. I think Green and that LAC pick is more than enough for Biz (I know CHA fans may disagree and that's understandable).
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#4 » by BeesWax » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:20 pm

I like Gibson and the fit but I am not sure I would take this trade. I think the value is there but without a trade lined up to acquire a backup center we can't move Biz. We only have two guys who can spend time at center on our roster and he is one of them.
Spoiler:
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#5 » by HornetJail » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:24 pm

How would Boston feel about taking Cody Zeller instead of Biyombo?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
GhostofJizzbird
Junior
And1: 79

Post#6 » by GhostofJizzbird » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:55 pm

if CHI thinks this isn't enough value then this deal has no legs at all. Boston already getting suspect value and CHA making out like a bandit, MKG is a bad fit on both Boston and Chicago. Unless Charlotte is ready to give Vonleh to Boston in exchange for some extra picks in both directions, this aint gonna get done.
GhostofJizzbird
Junior
And1: 79

Post#7 » by GhostofJizzbird » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:57 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:How would Boston feel about taking Cody Zeller instead of Biyombo?

Uninterested, we are already flush on offensively gifted power forwards. We need a rim protector and wings who can shoot 3's, same as you.

Return to Trades and Transactions