Another Taj Trade: MIN/CHI/SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Another Taj Trade: MIN/CHI/SAC 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:45 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lsf56kr

Chicago In: Martin, JT, McLemore
Out: Gibson and Dunleavy

Chicago gets a backup PF and a shooter, plus takes a shot on McLemore.

Sacramento In: Gibson, Dunleavy, Barea
Out: JT, McLemore

Sacramento gives the recent lotto pick, but gets back a shooter on an expiring and PF upgrade.

Minnesota In: Martin and Barea
Out: Derrick Williams

Minny takes D. Will back to clear the roster and some cap space next year.

Didn't know if it was too much or not enough for Taj, I have a tough time with his value, but thought I'd try it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Re: Another Taj Trade: MIN/CHI/SAC 

Post#2 » by slicedbread2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:40 am

I think the Timberwolves would consider, but I just don't see it as a good idea as you already have Young and Bennett needing minutes plus it'd remind them of their past at poorly developing picks. Getting out of K-Mart's deal alone is incentive, but I think they will need his shooting for now just to see where their young guns are at in terms of the development department before making a move on resolving their wings issue. Most likely they will just buy out Barea.

For Sacramento, I don't really mind it, but I don't think Chicago would do it considering that Mirotic is untested and Noah and Gasol are injury prone plus Thompson is a jack of all trades, but master of none type of player although a change of scenery could help. If anything, the Bulls should try and gun for Al Horford if they possibly can since a front court of Horford+Noah would be thrilling and entertaining though he's most likely off-limits unless the Hawks situation gets worse.

I think Minny and Chi-town pass.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:56 am

Thanks for the input. I really don't know how to value Taj much as I said, and was just going off Minny wanting Barea out and freeing up time for young guys, but you make good points.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#4 » by BadWolf » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:08 am

Minny probably doesn't want D-will back.
Taj would be great on Kings, but unless he asks out or Mirotic is a superstud he won't be available for what they can offer.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#5 » by blind prophet » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 am

Would be thrilled to take all three of them in Sacramento, 2 useful exprings to help Ray and Nik develop some more, and Gibson is a definite upgrade to Thompson.

Kings say yes.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#6 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:56 pm

I think the value is there, but I'm not sure the Kings would be willing to give up on McLemore so soon. The front office is very high on him. Its a solid trade though.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#7 » by Smitty731 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 pm

I don't know if Thibs would love Martin. He doesn't exactly seem like his kind of player. And Gibson to Thompson is a pretty downgrade. I don't know if McLemore makes up for that. Especially for Chicago who is in win now mode.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#8 » by HornetJail » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:42 pm

INB4 Bulls fans crucify bondom34 for the worst trade of all time
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:47 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:INB4 Bulls fans crucify bondom34 for the worst trade of all time

Actually, part of this was reading their board, they have a few guys who like K Mart and McLemore.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,483

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:11 am

I really like Gibson to Sac trades.

I don't think the Wolves do this - not until at least midseason.. They want to win - so until they see Lavine/Wiggins are ready for minutes.. They'd probably rather keep Martin and play Lavine/Wiggins 20-25mpg each (or whatever it works out as)

Obviously I don't speak for Wolves fans but yeah.

And for the Bulls - I think their fans might not like it but it really balances the roster nicely. Thompson can be a competent third big - or fourth if Mirotic is clicking. Martin is a great fit next to Rose and Butler (and Noah) will cover his defense a great deal.. and McLemore joins the youth movement off the bench. But I was pitching Thompson+McLemore for Gibson the other day so I'm a bit bias..and got trashed (but not by Bulls fans).. so I'd think adding the value of Martin-Dunleavy would make it a fair amount better for them though?

-- And with the Sessions signing - I think JJB needs to be taken out. Sub in Turiaf I guess? Seems the Bulls are getting too much value - even though it might not be the value they want. If that makes sense.

In the form of the Kings get Taj.. What about..

Phx - Bledsoe
Phx - Thompson, McLemore, Dunleavy and Kings top 8 protected first
Sac - Thompson, McLemore and lowering their pick protection (top 8, top 5, top 3)
Sac - Gibson
Chicago - Gibson, Dunleavy, Kings first
Chicago - Bledsoe

Maybe the Kings only do that if it is Landry not Thompson.. But yeah? It's a bit different.. Bulls probably need some form of big coming back in Gibson's place though and I don't think Evans is enough there..
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#11 » by Darren_Errman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Don't want Barea but Gibson and Dunleavy are perfect fit in Sac.

Kings need a shot blocking 4 and a shooter.

Where do I sign?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,605

Post#12 » by shrink » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:00 pm

I don't think this is horrible for MIN. It's hard to pinpoint MIN's direction, since they have good assets for a rebuild, but simultaneously seem to be trying to win (a pick for one year of Thad Young), and that makes a decision on Kevin Martin hard to nail down. If they are trying to move Martin's three year deal for an expiring (not a "horrendous" contract as some extremists have said), then getting to throw away Barea at the same time might make sense. I would then hope they just spin Williams for a different expiring, since returning Derrick Williams here wouldn't be good for Williams or MIN.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,291

Post#13 » by babyjax13 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:24 pm

I really don't think the value is here for Chicago. Taj, IMO, is worth more than journeymen, and Dunleavy isn't exactly a throw-in.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions