Keith Bogans and Brendan Haywood for ???

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Keith Bogans and Brendan Haywood for ??? 

Post#41 » by bondom34 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:40 pm

JDLAW wrote:
165bows wrote:
JDLAW wrote:
I did not ignore the part about the picks, you simply failed to define them. Just where are those picks coming from? Oh you did not say. When and what position are they in the draft? Didn't say that either. Suns have plenty of picks, they do not need mediocre picks in exchange for what is considered to be a key part of their team.

I 'failed to define them?' Uh, ok. Maybe use an internet search engine? You'll find less excess than you seem to think.

Why would waste my time chasing down a rabbit hole for your ridiculous trade idea? I know what the Suns picks are and the lack of any interesting Cavs picks. Unless Boston is somehow throwing in a couple of unprotected firsts for Haywood (not that Bogans is gone) I hardly doubt the Suns would have any interest in what you are proposing.

Cleveland has the Grizzlies pick

2015 first round draft pick from Memphis
Memphis' 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-5 and 15-30 in 2015, 1-5 and 15-30 in 2016, 1-5 in 2017 and 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019 [Cleveland-Memphis, 1/22/2013]

So, possible lotto this year through 2018 and unprotected in 2019. Pretty valuable pick.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#42 » by JDLAW » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:57 pm

bondom34 wrote:
JDLAW wrote:
165bows wrote:
I 'failed to define them?' Uh, ok. Maybe use an internet search engine? You'll find less excess than you seem to think.

Why would waste my time chasing down a rabbit hole for your ridiculous trade idea? I know what the Suns picks are and the lack of any interesting Cavs picks. Unless Boston is somehow throwing in a couple of unprotected firsts for Haywood (not that Bogans is gone) I hardly doubt the Suns would have any interest in what you are proposing.

Memphis' 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-5 and 15-30 in 2015, 1-5 and 15-30 in 2016, 1-5 in 2017 and 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019 [Cleveland-Memphis, 1/22/2013]

So, possible lotto this year through 2018 and unprotected in 2019. Pretty valuable pick.

Yeah I know, but it does nothing for us and considering the mosaic of protection, it is likely to be a pick somewhere between 6 and 14 or worse. I doubt it ever gets to the unprotected stage. This and a late first from either Clev or Chicago, Hayood and Bogans (who is now with the 76ers ) would a very poor return for Bledsoe. It is a poorly thought out trade idea.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,469

Post#43 » by jayjaysee » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:04 am

JDLAW wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
JDLAW wrote:

Yeah I know, but it does nothing for us and considering the mosaic of protection, it is likely to be a pick somewhere between 6 and 14 or worse. I doubt it ever gets to the unprotected stage. This and a late first from either Clev or Chicago, Hayood and Bogans (who is now with the 76ers ) would a very poor return for Bledsoe. It is a poorly thought out trade idea.

If Bledsoe is healthy all year - yes it's a bad trade. 12th-13th (the Grizz could miss the playoffs this year) and a future pick isn't good value for a healthy Bledsoe.

If Bledsoe plays 55-60 games and the Suns are feeling regret - it might be a bit different situation. And if the Grizz make the playoffs but Gasol still leaves - then that pick becomes a huge asset honestly.

So - I think it depends on Bledsoe's health this year.. Either really bad or really agreeable for Phoenix.

And Haywood for Bledsoe should be legal as long as Bledsoe isn't making over 15 million next year. And if he is - Cleveland can add one of their minimum contracts to get it within 5 million.

Still adding Bledsoe to Waiters/Kyrie is a silly move. If the Cavs are looking at Bledsoe, Waiters would have to be in the trade somehow.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#44 » by JDLAW » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:19 am

I do not believe the Suns look at the world in such black and white terms - there are many shades of gray. This proposed trade is just poor.

Return to Trades and Transactions