Bos-Phi-Sac

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Bos-Phi-Sac 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Oct 1, 2014 2:28 am

Boston in: MCW, Reggie Evans, Philly second.
Boston out: Rondo, one of Favaroni, Zeller, Sulli, or Olynlyk.

Phi in: McLemore, Boston big, D-Wills, McCallum, and Sac first. (top 10 protected)
Phi out: MCW, Sims, Philly second.

Sac in: Rondo, Sims.
Sac out: Evans, McLemore, McCallum, D-Wills, first.

Why for Boston? Trade out Rondo for a young up and coming point guard.
Why for Philly? Gets a solid haul for MCW and Sims. Sets them up with a lot of nice role players with potential to pair with Noel, Embiid, and possibly Munday and Saric next year.
Why for Sac? Gets them Rondo to pair with the core of Cousins, Gay, and Staukas.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Re: Bos-Phi-Sac 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Oct 1, 2014 2:50 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:Boston in: MCW, Reggie Evans, Philly second.

Phi in: McLemore, Boston big, D-Wills, McCallum, and Sac first. (top 10 protected)

Why for Philly? Gets a solid haul for MCW and Sims. Sets them up with a lot of nice role players with potential to pair with Noel, Embiid, and possibly Munday and Saric next year.
Why for Sac? Gets them Rondo to pair with the core of Cousins, Gay, and Staukas.

I think Philly wants a pg on their roster. Probably easiest as a two teamer. And with Rondo injured (and MCW) this looks like it wouldn't happen for a while.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,482

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Wed Oct 1, 2014 3:22 am

MCW isn't worth that much more than Rondo to include Sully or Olynyk, I guess Faverani. If he's even worth more at all.

I like the idea of it - but Boston has Smart/Bradley. Smart/Bradley/MCW seems like it could work to me actually.. But not sure how others feel. Definitely easy no with Sully/Olynyk in it.

FOR Sac - it's an overpay I think. The first is distant, but it's not needed. McLemore+McCallum+expirings should be enough considering Rondo didn't want to be traded there last season.

And Philly.. Turn it down, Hinky. MCW will look amazing once he isn't the only option. And two years of being the only option - should build huge confidence for when he has a partner in crime.. Again just my opinion.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#4 » by rpa » Wed Oct 1, 2014 5:15 am

Pretty sure the Rondo to Sac boat sailed when the Kings signed not one, but two PGs this offseason.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 5:47 am

Sac can't trade that pick. Chicago already has it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#6 » by Golabki » Wed Oct 1, 2014 6:07 am

Why do we think Boston wants MCW more than McLemore and a first?
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#7 » by ckchen » Wed Oct 1, 2014 4:05 pm

Golabki wrote:

Why do we think Boston wants MCW more than McLemore and a first?

And why would Philly trade MCW for a bunch of SG washouts and contracts? For all of his faults, MCW had a record setting ROY 1st year and the Sixers have zero reason to try to and trade him for a bunch of role players and underachievers. You don't trade players after a single year when they've actually had a GOOD season and look like part of the foundation for the future (not to mention being under team control for 3 more seasons). Especially for an unknown 1st round pick with lottery protection on it. The Sixers aren't trying to tread water at the bottom by drafting players and trading them 1 yr later for draft picks. That gets them exactly nowhere.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#8 » by the_process » Wed Oct 1, 2014 6:01 pm

Why for Philly? Gets a solid haul for MCW and Sims. Sets them up with a lot of nice role players with potential to pair with Noel, Embiid, and possibly Mudiay and Saric next year.

What about some sort of alternate trade where SAC sends their salary matching guys plus a 2019 unprotected 1st to BOS and McLemore to PHI, BOS sends Rondo to SAC and Wallace to PHI, and PHI sends something like Wroten plus the ORL 2nd to BOS?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#9 » by BullyKing » Wed Oct 1, 2014 6:06 pm

oyoyer wrote:

Why for Philly? Gets a solid haul for MCW and Sims. Sets them up with a lot of nice role players with potential to pair with Noel, Embiid, and possibly Mudiay and Saric next year.

What about some sort of alternate trade where SAC sends their salary matching guys plus a 2019 unprotected 1st to BOS and McLemore to PHI, BOS sends Rondo to SAC and Wallace to PHI, and PHI sends something like Wroten plus the ORL 2nd to BOS?

So PHI send outs Wroten and ORL 2nd for McLemore and Wallace? Pass.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#10 » by Higgs Boston » Wed Oct 1, 2014 6:17 pm

? are you comparing faverani and zeller with sullinger and olynyk?

In any case, this trade is very bad for boston and sixers.
the_process
RealGM

Post#11 » by the_process » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:34 am

BullyKing wrote:
oyoyer wrote:

So PHI send outs Wroten and ORL 2nd for McLemore and Wallace? Pass.

Yeah, the guy I want to put in this trade now is KJ McDaniels. Maybe send Wallace to SAC and take back Landry instead? Lots of different ways to go. McLemore's shooting potential is something I want the Sixers to have next to MCW in the backcourt. Gotta pay something to get it.
the_process
RealGM

Post#12 » by the_process » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:53 am

BKN gets Wallace and Mayo for DWill
BOS gets McDaniels, Thompson, McCallum, Ilyasova, 2019 SAC 1st, 2015 ORL 2nd for Rondo, Wallace, and Bass
MIL gets DWill for Mayo and Ilyasova
PHI gets McLemore and Landry for McDaniels and a 2015 ORL 2nd
SAC gets Rondo and Bass for Thompson, McCallum, McLemore, Landry, and a 2019 1st

Return to Trades and Transactions