CHA/IND/LAL

Moderators: BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers

hoops_32
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

CHA/IND/LAL 

Post#1 » by hoops_32 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Hornets Trade:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller

Hornets Get:
Jordan Hill
1st Round Pick

Why for the Hornets?
Hornets get a solid bigman in Hill who can either start at PF next to Jefferson or come off the bench. They also pick up a 1st round pick in next years draft.

Pacers Trade:
Roy Hibbert

Pacers Get:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Steve Nash

Why for the Pacers?
Pacers without George and Stephenson will struggle to make the playoffs. Makes more sense to tank and get a high draft pick and pick up a couple of former lottery picks who have some potential in Zeller and MKG to start the rebuilding process.

Lakers Trade:
Jordan Hill
Steve Nash
1st Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Roy Hibbert

Why for the Lakers?
Lakers lack a true 7 footer and need someone who can defend and protect the rim. Hibbert gives them that and might benefit from a change of scenery.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,005

Re: CHA/IND/LAL 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Some people are going to pan it, but I don't hate it.

Maybe the Hornets keep Zeller and LA sends Sacre.

EDIT: Not if it's the Houston pick. That's not enough for MKG.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:52 pm

hoops_32 wrote:Hornets Trade:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller

Hornets Get:
Jordan Hill
1st Round Pick

Why for the Hornets?
Hornets get a solid bigman in Hill who can either start at PF next to Jefferson or come off the bench. They also pick up a 1st round pick in next years draft.

Pacers Trade:
Roy Hibbert

Pacers Get:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Steve Nash

Why for the Pacers?
Pacers without George and Stephenson will struggle to make the playoffs. Makes more sense to tank and get a high draft pick and pick up a couple of former lottery picks who have some potential in Zeller and MKG to start the rebuilding process.

Lakers Trade:
Jordan Hill
Steve Nash
1st Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Roy Hibbert

Why for the Lakers?
Lakers lack a true 7 footer and need someone who can defend and protect the rim. Hibbert gives them that and might benefit from a change of scenery.

Lakers have already traded away that pick unless it's in the top 5 and I don't think they would trade a top 5 pick for Hibbert.

Doesn't PG and MKG both play SF ?? Would be difficult to play either at SG, hasn't really panned out for either.

Personally, I like Zeller's potential over Hill's, would rather keep him for the future when Big Al departs or gets hurt.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
youOK
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#4 » by youOK » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:54 pm

I don't think CHA will trade MKG because he is so young with upside but if they do they would probably want a good 3pt shooter in return. When I look at CHA i feel like their biggest weakness will be spacing. They don't have any great 3 pt shooters.
hoops_32
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by hoops_32 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:58 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller

Hornets Get:
Jordan Hill
1st Round Pick

Why for the Hornets?

Pacers Trade:
Roy Hibbert

Pacers Get:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Steve Nash

Why for the Pacers?

Lakers Trade:
Jordan Hill
Steve Nash
1st Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Roy Hibbert

Why for the Lakers?

Lakers have already traded away that pick unless it's in the top 5 and I don't think they would trade a top 5 pick for Hibbert.

Doesn't PG and MKG both play SF ?? Would be difficult to play either at SG, hasn't really panned out for either.

Personally, I like Zeller's potential over Hill's, would rather keep him for the future when Big Al departs or gets hurt.

Lakers got a 1st round pick from Houston in the Jeremy Lin trade.

I think PG could play SG but if not then MKG could come off the bench and back him up.

Instead of Zeller someone like Biyombo could be substituted to match salary.
hoops_32
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by hoops_32 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 pm

amk233 wrote:I don't think CHA will trade MKG because he is so young with upside but if they do they would probably want a good 3pt shooter in return. When I look at CHA i feel like their biggest weakness will be spacing. They don't have any great 3 pt shooters.

If Charlotte wants a shooter then Indiana could add Miles or Copeland
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#7 » by pacers33granger » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:02 pm

That's quite an overpay by Charlotte. I'd definitely do it from Indy's POV though.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,208

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Yeah, if that's LA's pick, not bad. But I don't think it is, and I assume its Houston's, so its pretty bad. MKG's not that easy to get.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:04 pm

hoops_32 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller

Hornets Get:
Jordan Hill
1st Round Pick

Why for the Hornets?

Pacers Trade:
Roy Hibbert

Pacers Get:
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Steve Nash

Why for the Pacers?

Lakers Trade:
Jordan Hill
Steve Nash
1st Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Roy Hibbert

Why for the Lakers?

Lakers got a 1st round pick from Houston in the Jeremy Lin trade.

I think PG could play SG but if not then MKG could come off the bench and back him up.

Instead of Zeller someone like Biyombo could be substituted to match salary.

Forgot about the HOU pick, does make it more desirable as that could still be a lottery pick. Still don't see MKG as a backup, plus he will want to get paid after next season, guess he could become a trade chip, but I don't see the fit when PG come back.

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#10 » by LApwnd » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:38 pm

not terrible for LA even if Roy leaves at the end of the year.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Post#11 » by giberish » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:53 pm

That's really, really, really bad for Charlotte.

Would you trade Zellar for the Houston 1st, maybe.

MKG for Hill - a 15 mpg 4th big?? Really??
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,033

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 pm

It's GREAT value for LA and Indy, and insanely bad value for Charlotte. Both MKG and Cody for essentially a mid 1st and 3rd (at best) big man that will be waived at year's end? Just not happening.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,489

Post#13 » by GoBobs » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:23 pm

lets say we take Cha out and make it Hill plus the Hou 1st for HIbbert. Hibbert is worth more then the Hou 1st and Hill is pretty much a throw in.
skywalker33

Post#14 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:59 pm

GoBobs wrote:lets say we take Cha out and make it Hill plus the Hou 1st for HIbbert. Hibbert is worth more then the Hou 1st and Hill is pretty much a throw in.

Not even, Hibbert is a great defensive center, Hill isn't even a top 15 PF/C

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,511

Post#15 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:00 am

What?
:nonono:

I can promise you that MKG is going nowhere.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#16 » by Jaseface » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:27 am

I don't think Charlotte gives up on two of their better young players for Jordan Hill. Nor do I think the Lakers could give up Nash and Hill and get Roy Hibbert. LA has to give up some real value (the pick is a question mark) and CHA shouldn't do this. It isn't worth their while.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,033

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:59 pm

GoBobs wrote:lets say we take Cha out and make it Hill plus the Hou 1st for HIbbert. Hibbert is worth more then the Hou 1st and Hill is pretty much a throw in.

Well, Charlotte definitely has the right to get out of this horrid thing (for them). Indy certainly isn't trading Hibbert for Jordan Hill and a mid 1st, though.

Return to Trades and Transactions